Main Squeeze

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Candied Papaya, Green Yerba Mate, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Safflower
Orange Zest, Smooth, Autumn Leaf Pile, Bitter, Citrus, Dry Grass, Earth, Herbaceous, Orange, Citrusy, Pineapple, Fruity, Tropical, Mint, Smoke, Sweet, Grass, Lemon Zest, Hay, Green Wood, Mango
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day

We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was a little disappointed that this wasn’t more orange juice like in flavor as some of the reviews promised. But, I really enjoyed the light citrus and cream notes I did get.

So long, Main Squeeze. I’ll have to get more of you since you’re so nice to wake up with.

Evol Ving Ness

Sometimes it is orange juice like and sometimes not.

sundaysipping

Definitely have to get more then!

This tea has a bitter, tangy orange & tropical fruit taste. It’s intense. Drinking it iced helps a lot to cut back on the bitterness. I bought it while I was on a maté kick (more caffeine the better!!!! was my reasoning).
I recommend adding this to an iced tea mixture to give it a zing. I don’t personally like it as the main attraction, but it helps as part of an ensemble.

Flavors: Bitter, Fruity, Orange Zest, Pineapple, Tropical

Mint note and smokey note present. There is a soft sweetness but it is just a little bit too sickly sweet for my liking. I can detect what seems to be authentic zesty citrus zing which is quite pleasant.

Flavors: Citrus, Mint, Smoke, Sweet

rosebudmelissa

That sounds like an unusual combination of flavors.

Raritea

I felt that it all came together quite well. I could have done with less sweetness (which probably came from the candied papaya) but I would definitely be interested in having something like this again!

rosebudmelissa

I’ll have to give it a try at some point

Not a fan but it was drinkable.

This tea was a nice surprise. It smells just like orange juice, when dry and steeped. I love that this is a stimulant, its a nice change to having to drink black teas for a pick me up. I only had a 5g sample of this, but it did not disappoint. This is one I would add to my tea stock. Just like orange juice for breakfast without the acidic-ness. Would be great as iced tea as well.

Flavors: Orange, Orange Zest

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I had a sample of this and thought I’d polish it off today before heading out of town for the holidays. It smells great, but since I’m not a big fan of yerba mate, this was kinda wasted on me – the medicinal herbiness of the base kept poking me in the eye, disrupting the other tropical flavours.

ooh have fun out of town!

I’ve only tried this tea hot so far, and it did not really impress. Tasted like lapsang souchong with a hint of citrus flavor. I am not a big fan of smokey teas and so wasn’t a big fan of this one. I know I have liked matés in the past, but in this blend it was strange. Will try it iced and see if it is any better, but I don’t recommend it hot.

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

My 300th tasting note! Geez, I can’t believe I wrote so many (though I know most of you have me WAY beat) or drank so much tea!

This came as a sample from David’s. Dry, it smells like pure dreamsicle, just heavenly. But once you steep it, the flavor of the mate pretty much takes over. I still pick up on some orange notes, but the mate has this murky taste that dulls everything else. It’s not unpleasant, but I wish it tasted like it smelled.

What can only be described as the tea version of orange juice. The flavour is very juicy and fruity and not artificial at all. Tastes great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The caffeine boost is noticeable without creating an energy crash afterwards. Definitely my favourite yerba maté variety to date.
Part of the permanent collection at DAVIDsTEA! Woo hoo!

Flavors: Orange

This is an alright mate that blends a grassy/earthy flavour from the yerba mate with citrus and orange zest accents. The pineapple and papaya notes are subtle, not overly prominent. Found this one a tad too sweet for my liking as a morning starter. Maybe it would be better as a late morning or early afternoon tea when you need a bit of a boost. For me, I find the sweetness a bit off-putting though.

Flavors: Citrus, Earth, Grass, Orange, Orange Zest, Sweet