Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart, Berries, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Yogurt, Cream, Hibiscus, Pastries, Sweet, Apple, Berry, Creamy, Vanilla, Artificial, Soap, Milk, Butter, Bitter, Sour, Jam, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Tangy, Almond
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it’s supposed to be Strawberry Rhubarb, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I’m getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly like a...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait

The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

DAVID’s Tea Advent Calendar Day 16:

Well, I definitely got the strawberry. That was nice. The beetroot makes it quite a festive pink. At first I thought the zing of the hibiscus was rather mellow, a nice bit of tang to offset the almost artificial sweetness. But the more I drink, the more sour and zing-y it becomes. That may be the exact quality that others enjoy in this tea. Not me. If I was at a friend’s and she served this, I would drink it to be polite. That ois pretty much all I have to say about this tea.

yum yum yum! Tastes just like pie. I prefer it hot, but my one friend loves it iced. To each his own it goes either way :) It tastes like those capinco candies that are swirled with strawberries and cream

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry

Here’s Hoping TTB

This one has been in the back of my mind but I decided over the summer that I wouldn’t be buying any more tea for the rest of the year….. that didn’t happen but I was adamant of that when this was on the shelves in Davids. I’m so happy there’s a few teaspoons of it in the box.

I had this cold. It’s vaguely creamy with heavy hibiscus but it isn’t sharp/clean feeling in my mouth (not a bad thing) I’m not really getting the rhubarb flavor to this but I am getting the berry/strawberry flavor which is what I was looking forward to. I noticed in the flavor profile beetroot is mentioned and I do get a liiiittle bit of that flavor. Overall, this one is surprisingly delicious.

Flavors: Berry, Creamy, Hibiscus, Strawberry

tea-sipper

I’m glad there was some of this in the teabox for you! I bought a ton of this year myself. Couldn’t resist. Whoops. :D

I really liked this one! The flavor was nice and distinct. Nothing tasted watered down and I enjoyed every sip. Got this as a sample and will be buying more!

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry, Vanilla

Smells overwhelmingly like lip gloss, very artificial and waxy. Tastes like how a strawberry-infused soap smells. I’ve loved a lot of DAVIDsTEA’s fruity blends, but this is just not for me.

Flavors: Artificial, Soap, Strawberry

This tea smells strongly like strawberry but the strawberry taste is not overwhelming. This tea starts with a sweet berry flavor and ends with a slightly tart flavor. I might call it tangy. My first reaction to the “parfait” side of this tea is that yes, I taste a vague hint of something milky (this tea contains yogurt pieces) but this part of the flavor is not overly strong. I discovered later that this flavor sinks to the bottom so the farther I got into my tea the stronger this aspect of the taste was for me. I have tried this tea both hot and cold. I would not say that one is better than the other. I like this tea and will enjoy the amount I have purchased but I am not ready to race to the store to get more. Update: I’m almost out of this and despite my original notation of not being ready to race to get more, I believe I may be ready soon. LOL. Apparently this one has grown on me. Update 2: Yeah, I ordered more. This has become a staple for me. Increasing my rating accordingly.

Flavors: Berry, Milk, Tart

This is a tasty tisane. But I think it will be better iced. I get a variety of notes, mainly strawberry but perhaps the rhubarb too. I think there is a creamy note too. I think this blend has yogurt in it.

I steeped this one time in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 4 minutes.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Sample from Tea in Spoon’s stash sale. Thank you!

This tastes like strawberries, hibiscus, and artificial butter flavoring. It’s a really strange combination. I don’t think I particularly like it, but it’s not terrible either.

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Hibiscus, Strawberry

1913 tasting notes

Well, color me surprised.
This was sent as a sample in a past David’s order, and it lived, ignored, in my samples bowl, for quite a while. But tonight I am determined to make a dent in the tea collection, and so out it comes!
And it smells amazing. Like totally a sweet strawberry parfait with a creamy yogurt sweetness.
As happens sometimes with David’s blends, the smell is richer than the taste, but its actually a really pleasant fruit infusion. I’m enjoying this cup way more than I thought I would. Well done, Davids!

Sami Kelsh

Oh man, I love this tea. I’ve been hoarding the small bag I picked up last summer in Canada because rhubarb. Are you having it hot, or iced? I’ve only done it as a cold brew, but nom.

Evol Ving Ness

One of my favourites too.

Rosehips

I had it hot, but I can see that it would be a great coldbrew too!

I love this tea!!! It is fantastic iced on a hot day. I wish it could be a little bit tangier, but a very delicious tea!