Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Fruity, Tart, Cream, Floral, Hibiscus, Fruit Punch, Sweet, Apple, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Yogurt, Smooth, Candy, Creamy, Berries, Pastries, Berry, Vanilla, Artificial, Soap, Milk, Butter, Bitter, Sour, Jam, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Tangy, Almond
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it’s supposed to be Strawberry Rhubarb, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like teas with the creaminess...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I’m getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly like a...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait

The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Really strong and was overpoweringly sweet to me the first time that I made it (added more water and it was fine). I enjoy the mix of sweet strawberry and realistic tartness, and the creaminess to this one.

I had a sample of this once before, and enjoyed it enough to grab some more during a sale. Being that it’s summer, I don’t often find myself desiring hot tea, but tonight I was in the mood and brewed a cup of this. Alas, the first few sips… I just didn’t enjoy it as much as I did last time. Even though I’d added honey (as I do with almost all my teas), it just wasn’t what I remembered. And I was also impatient, waiting for it to cool. So I popped in some ice and turned it into iced tea instead. Now it’s perfect! It’s weird to think just adding ice would make it taste better, but here we are – I think I’ve finally found a tea I prefer cold.

Flavors: Fruity

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Awhile ago I tried this tea in an iced brew and was not very pleased; while it was sweet and tasted like creamed strawberry candies, I wanted the tart flavour of rhubarb to shine as well.

I, like I said in my last review, gave it another go and brewed it hot to sip and enjoy. Dried the leaf produces a tangy strawberry scent which I enjoy a great deal. Brewed it was a deep red with a fruity aroma. It falls short though while sipping. Even in the hot brew, I am still picking up a very smooth and creamy strawberry candy and not a single ounce of tart rhubarb like I was longing for.

The tea is good, if you want a strawberry candy flavour. I will be happy to sip the remaining portion I have in the cupboard, but will not rush out to buy more.

Flavors: Candy, Creamy, Smooth, Strawberry

185 °F / 85 °C 5 min, 30 sec 10 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
Fjellrev

Aww, sorry you can’t really find the rhubarb in this one. I luckily can but I’ll admit that it’s not as strong as I’d like, either. I still like this one, at least.

Cat-Nap

I am hoping that eventually find that perfect balance of strawberry and rhubarb. I still like it, just hoping for the flavours that it promises.

Fjellrev

Yeah, it’s hard to find a good rhubarb tea. Sadly, come to think of it, this is the most rhubarb-like that I’ve come across.

Like jam in a cup! Nice strawberry flavor and bright pink color.

Yum! This was a fun one to try. I definitely could taste a lot of strawberry and a slight tartness from the rhubarb. I haven’t been able to taste the creaminess that I guess is supposed to be there, but I’m not really complaining, this tastes fantastic anyways. I especially like this one iced.

Flavors: Rhubarb, Strawberry

I’m honestly shocked at this tea’s popularity when compared to DAVIDsTEA’s other blends. The yogurt bits throw me off when combined with hibiscus, similar to Blueberry Muffin from their Fall 2016 collection. Hibiscus makes up most of the flavour, the strawberry barely comes through and there’s a tartness to the tea that could be the rhubarb, but I still think all I can taste is freaking hibiscus.

This tea is basically a watered-down hibiscus herbal blend. Very light creaminess from the yogurt, but I don’t understand the appeal of “creamy” flavours in tart herbal teas.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Strawberry, Tart, Yogurt

So, I’m drinking down some of the less palatable-sounding teas I have today. They have the added bonus of being caffeine free, which I am going to need if I am heading to a tea party this afternoon.

This isn’t as repulsive smelling as the last one. Maybe it will taste okay. It’s extreme fake strawberry combined with sweet fake yogurt. It kind of reminds me of strawberries and cream granola.

But as it’s brewing, I am disturbed by the bright red color and the fact that I can smell it from 6 feet away. My entire kitchen is fake strawberries now. I took the tea out of the kitchen and came back 2 minutes later, and the kitchen STILL reeked of fake strawberry. A bit much?

It’s very sour, very fake vanilla, a little nutty. If I liked lemon juice in my tea, I may like this.

Got this as a free sample with an order I placed. I totally agree with another steepster who said it smells just like a strawberry campino candy; the comparison is very accurate. I like it very much, wish I had more than just a single-serve sample to give it a fair assessment. I’ll definitely get more of it to see if I still like it as much after a few more cups.

Disclaimer: I’m far from a tea connaisseur/enthusiast. My notes are not meant to be a review for the tea community, but rather for myself so I know what to buy or not buy again (I wish there was a way to keep notes private).

So I am a lucky woman I took my mom out for her birthday and treated her out for lunch with me and my girls and then she surprised me a month early for my birthday a bunch of DavidsTea, this was one of them!

So what do I think? Well I love strawberry, I love Rhubarb and Yogurt so did I love this tea? The answer is YES! A great mix between sweet and tart.

Flavors: Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart

This tea is just too darn sweet for me. All candy like and super fragrant. Very cloying. It makes me want to sneeze.
I do enjoy the hibby, as it seems to try hard at balancing out the sweetness. Not hard enough. Yep, that is how naturally sweet this blend is… I’m calling on the powers of that hibby bully, and even that can’t do the job! eeesh.
Anyhow. I added some OJ and that seemed to help, making it into kindof a creamsicle feel. I’ll never finish the entire tin myself. A friend gifted me an entire DT tin of the stuff so I’ve got quite a bit! Maybe I’ll throw little baggies of it in people’s desk drawer’s for April fools day. That would be fun to watch, trying to find the source of the smell :P

weirdo..this one is GOOD! ;)

Sil, you crack me up.

Indigobloom

lol the first time I ever tried it in store, I though it was good! but with the new artificial ingredients… bleh. Not so much anymore. Weirdo… is I! :D

maybe i haven’t had it with the new ingredients. I’ve got free tea with davids that expires soon so i need to land on what i’m picking up…may just do vanilla matcha so i can throw it in smoothies

5g of sugar per serving in the vanilla matcha. I might try the kale

Evol Ving Ness

5 g sugar per serving! Barbarians.

Indigobloom

lol not bad overall. But in a smoothie I tend to add tons of fruit… so it’s generally sweet already and I prefer tart :P

Evol Ving Ness

I find myself wondering whether they have bastardized this already perfectly fine blend with extra sugar or sweetener now. Argggh, why do they need to turn tea into soda?

Indigobloom

I’ll have to see if the tin I have is identical in ingredients to the website. No “sugar” but plenty of artificial stuff. and beetroot

Evol Ving Ness

I’ll have to dig up my tin of this and revisit.