Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Rhubarb, Strawberry, Hibiscus, Tart, Yogurt, Berries, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Cream, Pastries, Sweet, Apple, Berry, Creamy, Vanilla, Artificial, Soap, Milk, Butter, Bitter, Sour, Jam, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Tangy, Almond
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it’s supposed to be Strawberry Rhubarb, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like teas with the creaminess...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I’m getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly like a...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait

The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

On Friday, I gave this tea a final shot. I’ve decided to up my rating. I steeped 3/4 tsp in 1/2 a cup. It seemed so meager, but I didn’t want my sample to go to waste.

Oh my goodness— I don’t know what happened but I finally got this tea. I got in from DDing my boyfriend to some party across town, and sat down to continue my marathon of Friends on Netflix while this steeped. The tea wasn’t cloyingly tart or sweet. It started to remind me a little more of Berry Poppins.

Perhaps I will have to break down and buy some of this. It would be perfect for a night time before bed kind of tea, or perhaps something to put in the pitcher next summer.

EDIT: Looks like I’ve mixed up all my David’s tart herbals. I went in last week thinking this was a tea I’d already tried, and it wasn’t. I was mixing up Berry Refreshing, Berry Poppins, and Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait. Now I feel better.

Flavors: Apple, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kristal

Definitely recommend making a cold brewed pitcher of this!

Alyssa

Ooh sounds like a nice summer treat :). Thanks for the tip!

Kirkoneill1988

awesome review! i shall try this tea someday

A deliciously fruity, tangy tea. I imagined a strawberry tea would be strikingly sweet, but the rhubarb luckily prevents this from happening. This tea brews a lovely deep ruby colour and smells sweet and creamy thanks to the yogurt bits. All the promised flavour notes are detectable and combine to create a yummy dessert tea that doesn’t overpower with sugar at all.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry

Came back to up the score of this baby. I used a tbsp of tea and left it soaking in my Halloween mug while I took a shower. I don’t know the exact time, but it was 20+ minutes before I went back to it, and holy flavour! I can distinctly taste the Apple, hibiscus and strawberry. I take back the comment about being so-so hot. It just needed more time to make it yummy.
-————————————-
This was so-so hot, but made a delightful tea pop. It was almost cream soda like, but without the overwhelming sweetness of an actual cream soda. I followed the guide on David’s Tea blog, except I doubled the steep time.

Flavors: Creamy, Fruity

Boiling 7 min, 45 sec 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I had this as a cold brew recently. One problem with doing a good deal of sipdowns is that I find I cannot log them as tasting notes as frequently as I am drinking them away. I had this either early last week or last the week before, maybe? Anyway, I recall that it was a good representation of the strawberry rhubarb combination. It was nice on a warm day. That being said, the more tisanes of fruit I have the more the hibiscus seems to be more pronounced in each individual blend. I think it might be time to take a break from these for a bit.

Sipdown!

Flavors: Hibiscus, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tart

Oh yuck – I brewed this cold and it was pretty disgusting. I am going to try to add sweetener and/or lemonade to be able to drink it – but otherwise this was just plain nasty!

First let me freely admit that I’m biased against this tea because of the hibiscus and beetroot. I chose this tea as a free sample pack on a recent David’s order without looking closely at the ingredients. Dried, this tea smells amazing and just like I envisioned from the name. However, I find the flavour very different from the aroma and unfortunately for me the hibiscus and beetroot dominate the palate and overpower the more subtle strawberry and cream notes that I was hoping for. That said, if I was to try it again in the future, I would try a shorter steep to lessen the tart hibiscus and earthy beetroot notes.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Sour, Strawberry, Tangy, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 7 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

Delicious sweet and tart

Flavors: Rhubarb, Strawberry

MAN, I need to get back into writing notes for all the teas I drink. Though I expect I’ll have a little more free time soon… just finishing up a fixed-term work contract where my post is being restructured and downgraded, so back into the temp pool I go. When did I go from “just getting a day job in the meantime while I look for ways to do what I’d rather be doing” to “being forced to spend so much time looking for a day job that there’s no time left to look for ways to do what I’d rather be doing anyway because it turns out finding a day job is just as hard as becoming showrunner of Doctor Who”?

As for the tea, YES. I bought it while visiting family back in Canada because it was hot as balls out there, and I needed something I could cold-brew that my husband would like as much as me. And we love rhubarb more than sense. Good Gosh, rhubarb is good. So is this. Needs a touch of sweetening to bring out the flavours properly when it’s cold, but it’s making me a little sad that David’s TEA don’t ship to the UK because this is fit. Guess I’ll either have to see if T2 or somebody stock anything similar, or see if I can convince my brother to ship me tea in exchange for things they can’t get in Canada…

And I’ve missed you guys! How are you?

Memily

BUSY. xx

picked up 50g of this one just for a bit of a change. It’s not strawberry rhubarb crumble from David’s…but at least this is another herbal fruit option to give me a bit of variety…(which apparently i can only spell as variatea now lol).

VariaTEA

Muahahahahaha

heh i thought you’d like that…took me like 5 tries to spell it correctly.

VariaTEA

It also doesn’t help that when I made the name, I misspelled it also…should have been VarieTea

I really wanted to love this tea, but there was a strange aftertaste that turned me off. There’s just enough sweet strawberry to take the tart edge off the hibiscus and rhubarb. I steeped this for iced tea, and, while I enjoyed it enough to finish my glass, it’s not a tea I would repurchase. It was pleasant, but I wasn’t wowed. This is another blend that I’ll re-home.