Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Beet Root, Carrot, Hibiscus, Raisins, Strawberry
Fruity, Cream, Smooth, Strawberry, Sweet, Candy, Creamy, Tart, Rhubarb, Hibiscus, Yogurt, Berries, Fruit Punch, Pastries, Apple, Berry, Vanilla, Artificial, Soap, Milk, Butter, Bitter, Sour, Jam, Pleasantly Sour, Cherry, Tangy, Almond
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “I used to love this stuff when I first started on Steepster almost a year ago. Now I think it’s just o.k., nothing special. There are way better caffeine free options out there. This one is just...” Read full tasting note
  • “First cold brew in my Mason Jar mug. It was so easy to just pull out the infuser when the tea was ready. I honestly love this teaware. As for the tea, nothing new to report. It is rhubarb tart with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ok, so I was pretty skeptical of this tea. Mostly because bleh, hibiscus. But hey, it’s supposed to be Strawberry Rhubarb, so the tartness should be appropriate, and I like teas with the creaminess...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wow. This tea totally took me by surprise and bowled me over! I’m getting sweet sugary strawberry, a bunch of tart rhubarb and buttery crumbly crust goodness. It smells and tastes exactly like a...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Picture parfait

The ancient Chinese used it in medicine. The medieval Europeans traded for it along the Silk Road. And today we love it in pies, sauces, muffins or just plain, dipped in a little sugar. But the best way to eat rhubarb is with sweet, ripe strawberries. Like in this refreshingly fruity, deep red tisane. It tastes as bright and juicy as a fresh-picked berry, with a tart rhubarb punch and a subtle hint of yogurt creaminess. We love it hot or iced, or as the base for sweet, zippy sangria. Now that’s a beautiful thing. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, hibiscus, raisins, carrot, yogurt bits, beetroot, strawberry, rhubarb, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The loose leaf smell is pure campino candy… deeeeelish! Sweet and creamy.

The initial taste is a hit of sweetness, but the tartness of the rhubarb and hibiscus is quick to shine through.

Surprisingly full-bodied as it is a fruity, herbal blend.

It will make you smile.

(i’m scared. this one is such a dark pink, i think the hibiscus will kill it)

it does smell absolutely amazing, exactly like a strawberry rhubarb pie. delicious.
:( negative. very tart. like biting into a fresh stalk of rhubarb! the strawberry is there, but it’s like an unripened, sour one. too bad. it isn’t crazy overpowering like some of davids teas with hibiscus, but it’s still too much for me.
there is still strawberry rhubarb crumble available as an online exclusive. i’m going to stock up on that one (with it’s warm cinnamon and orange peel), even though it is almost twice the cost per 50g, it’s definitely worth it.

Day 16 of the 2016 Advent Calendar! It’s been over 9 months, goodness! This is a tea I’ve actually had before in the 2015 Halloween collection, but I never reviewed it. As for smell, it is basically what’s on the tin. A strong smell of tart strawberry and a bit of… creaminess? It’s a bit hard to really pinpoint because the tartness is quite strong.

As for the steeping, it turned out a beautiful ruby red color and smells less sharp than the dry leaf. The flavor is almost like a strawberry candy, but more ‘real’ tasting, with an odd note in the background that I can’t quite put my finger on. On its own the flavor is a bit mild, but I found that adding sugar to it brought the whole tea together for me. I have had this iced before and I was not a fan of it, but I think that having it hot is pleasant enough.

Overall, I think its a decent tea, but I can’t picture myself going out of my way to stock up on it.

Really strong and was overpoweringly sweet to me the first time that I made it (added more water and it was fine). I enjoy the mix of sweet strawberry and realistic tartness, and the creaminess to this one.

I had a sample of this once before, and enjoyed it enough to grab some more during a sale. Being that it’s summer, I don’t often find myself desiring hot tea, but tonight I was in the mood and brewed a cup of this. Alas, the first few sips… I just didn’t enjoy it as much as I did last time. Even though I’d added honey (as I do with almost all my teas), it just wasn’t what I remembered. And I was also impatient, waiting for it to cool. So I popped in some ice and turned it into iced tea instead. Now it’s perfect! It’s weird to think just adding ice would make it taste better, but here we are – I think I’ve finally found a tea I prefer cold.

Flavors: Fruity

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Awhile ago I tried this tea in an iced brew and was not very pleased; while it was sweet and tasted like creamed strawberry candies, I wanted the tart flavour of rhubarb to shine as well.

I, like I said in my last review, gave it another go and brewed it hot to sip and enjoy. Dried the leaf produces a tangy strawberry scent which I enjoy a great deal. Brewed it was a deep red with a fruity aroma. It falls short though while sipping. Even in the hot brew, I am still picking up a very smooth and creamy strawberry candy and not a single ounce of tart rhubarb like I was longing for.

The tea is good, if you want a strawberry candy flavour. I will be happy to sip the remaining portion I have in the cupboard, but will not rush out to buy more.

Flavors: Candy, Creamy, Smooth, Strawberry

185 °F / 85 °C 5 min, 30 sec 10 g 16 OZ / 473 ML
Fjellrev

Aww, sorry you can’t really find the rhubarb in this one. I luckily can but I’ll admit that it’s not as strong as I’d like, either. I still like this one, at least.

Cat-Nap

I am hoping that eventually find that perfect balance of strawberry and rhubarb. I still like it, just hoping for the flavours that it promises.

Fjellrev

Yeah, it’s hard to find a good rhubarb tea. Sadly, come to think of it, this is the most rhubarb-like that I’ve come across.

Like jam in a cup! Nice strawberry flavor and bright pink color.

Yum! This was a fun one to try. I definitely could taste a lot of strawberry and a slight tartness from the rhubarb. I haven’t been able to taste the creaminess that I guess is supposed to be there, but I’m not really complaining, this tastes fantastic anyways. I especially like this one iced.

Flavors: Rhubarb, Strawberry

I’m honestly shocked at this tea’s popularity when compared to DAVIDsTEA’s other blends. The yogurt bits throw me off when combined with hibiscus, similar to Blueberry Muffin from their Fall 2016 collection. Hibiscus makes up most of the flavour, the strawberry barely comes through and there’s a tartness to the tea that could be the rhubarb, but I still think all I can taste is freaking hibiscus.

This tea is basically a watered-down hibiscus herbal blend. Very light creaminess from the yogurt, but I don’t understand the appeal of “creamy” flavours in tart herbal teas.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Strawberry, Tart, Yogurt

So, I’m drinking down some of the less palatable-sounding teas I have today. They have the added bonus of being caffeine free, which I am going to need if I am heading to a tea party this afternoon.

This isn’t as repulsive smelling as the last one. Maybe it will taste okay. It’s extreme fake strawberry combined with sweet fake yogurt. It kind of reminds me of strawberries and cream granola.

But as it’s brewing, I am disturbed by the bright red color and the fact that I can smell it from 6 feet away. My entire kitchen is fake strawberries now. I took the tea out of the kitchen and came back 2 minutes later, and the kitchen STILL reeked of fake strawberry. A bit much?

It’s very sour, very fake vanilla, a little nutty. If I liked lemon juice in my tea, I may like this.