Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Caramel, Vanilla, White Chocolate, Dark Bittersweet, Bitter, Creamy, Tea, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Cream, Maple, Marshmallow, Molasses, Sweet, Artificial, Cake, Tannic, Brown Sugar, Milk, Toffee, Alcohol, Malt, Powdered sugar, Maple Syrup, Red Fruits, Frosting, Butter, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don’t even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there’s something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff that draws me...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess… this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing… yum, I was right. The sickly sweet...” Read full tasting note
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I’m just having an off day. I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Well. Keep this in your cupboard for too long and it turns quite disappointing. Too thin and watery (even when following parameters. Even when you add milk) and there’s a really cloying note in...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Last night, I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I’ve had a 50 g bag of this tea for months that has been slowly emptying and finally used all of it up. I also revoked my tea latte virginity card and had my very first tea latte using this tea. May I say, it was amazing. I drank the entire cup in less than a minute which was a huge improvement from having to work at it to drink this tea if I made it plain. This doesn’t taste anything like red velvet to me, however. It has a strong chocolate flavour but its missing the raspberry to call it red velvet. I don’t think I will buy this tea again, but I am very glad it made my first latte experience a good one.

Flavors: Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate

HELLO YOU SWEET ENCHANTMENT-SPUN CONFECTION.

This ridiculously tasty sweet tea was made by sugar-dusted, giggling elves. Their shoes are always upturned. Their smiles are permanent upon their faces. It’s kind of creepy, actually.

Their glistening chocolate mansion is ensconced in a forest that’s magical in the worst possible way. There are centaurs out there with flaming bow-and-arrow sets. And Voldemort eating unicorns.

Your best bet is to stay in the moonlit tea-mixing factory, listening to Aqua CDs on repeat.

What I’m trying to say is, this is tasty.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Maple, Marshmallow, Molasses, Sweet, White Chocolate

Fjellrev

Glad you like it!

Evol Ving Ness

yeah, this one is a winner!

Came across this today and had to have it straight up and lightly steeped. Yum! Today, it tastes like DTs’ Birthday Cake on a black tea base.

It is what it is and sometimes that is just fine.

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

1903 tasting notes

Coldbrew sipdown!

I don’t enjoy the base used in this tea, but the white chocolate + milk chocolate + creamy alcohol flavours. It is sweet like icing sugar, but the base is a bit bitter despite its malty mouthfeel. It’s a nice dessserty tea, but the base + artificial chemical taste is definitely off putting. The base also gets bitter and soapy if oversteeped.

Flavors: Alcohol, Artificial, Chocolate, Creamy, Malt, Milk, Powdered sugar, White Chocolate

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I really wanted to love this tea but I didn’t. I had it plain so one day I decided to try again and got a sweetened tea latte at DavidsTea with Red Velvet Cake and it was much better but still just ok for me.

This is not a bad tea. It doesn’t taste very much like actual red velvet cake, but it’s a pleasant black tea to drink on a daily basis. From the aroma alone, I am reminded of Birthday Cake tea. The description is a “sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend”, and I fully agree. The beetroot powder colours the tea red, and is a bit of a pain to wash out of my infuser and cup afterwards, but I have no regrets.

Flavors: Cake

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Red velvet cake tea is a super tasty treat for after supper. A guilt free slice of cake in a cup is what it is. It’s the kind of tea that is so yummy, you want to sip it slowly and savor every sip. I definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a great desert tea.

I received this tea as a gift from my cousin about three years ago. At the the time I really didn’t like any tea besides Lipton green tea and it sat on the shelf up until about a month ago. The first time I brewed a cup of it I nearly gagged. It was watery and had an oily film on the top and vaguely tasted of old chocolate (which admittedly, the chocolate is quite old since I left it so long). I tried it again today and was pleasantly surprised. I brewed it a little longer this time and added a bit more tea.

Overall it was quite pleasant, but because the tea is so old (I don’t recommend leaving tea in a cupboard for three years) it has definitely lost some of its flavour. I think once the rest of it is gone I’ll get some more to give it another go.

LOVE red velvet cake, but this tea comes up a little short. It’s easy to overdo the steeping on this and get it too astringent/ beety, so be careful unless you plan on making a latte.

I think they could have added more vanilla/ butter flavour to this tea and I might have liked it more.

Flavors: Chocolate, Maple Syrup, Red Fruits

Happy New Year everyone! I am ringing in the new year with me, myself and a pot of tea. 2015 overall wasn’t a bad year, in fact, it was probably the best year I have had in quite awhile. I don’t want to jinx it for 2016 though, I have a lot of hope in terms of business (my freelance work and maybe something tea related too) and school (always aiming to get better grades, going back to school in 2014 was exciting but immediately I realized I had forgotten how to learn and so began a very long process of figuring out the best ways for me to interpret and absorb material). I don’t have anything planned related to travelling, I know a few years ago I had hoped I would be on my way to Africaburn in 2016, or at least returning to Burning Man, but I am not ready for that yet.

This tea…is very sweet. It smells like a lovely vanilla cake with caramel hints. It tastes about the same, but does have a bit of a darker taste to it. Overall I enjoy it enough to keep it in the stash at all times.

Flavors: Cake, Caramel, Vanilla