Stormy Night (organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Vanilla Flavour
Cinnamon, Spices, Sweet, Chocolate, Vanilla, Bitter, Coconut, Creamy, Cocoa, Cream, Earth, Nutmeg, Spicy, Caramel
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Saphron Jenene

• “Eh, this one is not quite what I was expecting. It brews up quite murky, and with an offputting aroma that I can’t quite place. It’s a little reminiscent of Super Chocolate or Dr. Chocolate...” Read full tasting note
  • “I must be doing something wrong, or maybe my taste buds are on the fritz? The flavors are a lot weaker than I was expecting. Cinnamon is the only flavor that I can identify among all the...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is another tea I am trying to drink down lol, it doesn’t wow me, and the chocolate gets a bit monotonous after a while for me. I’m really not that much of a chocolate fan I guess lol. Anyways,...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got distracted so this cup is now cold. It is really not good cold. All the flavors combine into one thick, odd taste. The word “muddy” comes to mind. I know that sounds strange but the...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

As good as it gets

It was three o’clock in the afternoon on a rainy Friday. David was hungry. He needed a nap, a shave, and a hot meal. What he had was a kettle, a pack of matches, and a bag of black tea. So he grabbed some ingredients and threw them in the water. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla – this drink was a real piece of work. He lifted his cup, took a drink and then another. It was hotter than an inferno and smoother than silk. It was good. Almost too good.

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

First time (literally) trying this tea since DAVIDsTea brought this back for Halloween 2015.

Trying too hard not to let ‘Hocus Pocus’ distract me from reviewing this tea.

I’m getting more of a cinnamon taste to this than anything else, but there is a slight after taste that I’m really trying to place, it’s either the chocolate or the coconut or a combination of both.
I can taste the chocolate and the coconut as well as the black tea. The chocolate is a bit bitter, like Dark Chocolate Delight, so I think that masks the coconut taste a bit. (ie: I LOATHE the smell and taste of coconut, but if it’s disguised well in something, I’m usually ok).

The taste isn’t horribly strong, but you do get a punch of flavour with every sip, although I do not like it when it starts to get cold…blech.

It’s not bad, I ordered the Tombstone box with 100g, but I’m not gonna miss this when I finish it.
I loved and miss Swampwater 100x more than I do this, also I was disappointed when they only brought this one back this year, when last year they brought back 3.

I won’t be restocking this tea any time soon and I won’t miss it when it’s gone,

Final tea of the night, Stormy Night for what has turned out to be a very personally stormy night. But this tea is like an old friend who will always be there for me, the spicy vanilla goodness soothing to my very soul.

A sample from Shmiracles. This is an interesting one. Judging from the name and a couple of ingredients, I was expecting quite a dark, moody tea. Instead, it’s actually quite light and refreshing — more summer rain than dark winter, strangely. On the other hand, this would be a good tea to curl up in the warm with on the aforementioned dark, stormy winter night. Its ingredients might even be a pleasant reminder if warmer wather to come.

The initial sip is mostly cinnamon, which is followed by satisfyingly creamy coconut and vanilla. The chocolate comes out last, and lingers long in the aftertaste. It’s milk chocolate, rather than dark, and it seems to bind all of the other flavours together fairly effectively — like a friend in common. Taken together, it actually works better than I expected it to…spicy, sweet, creamy, chocolatey. It’s a warming, comforting cup…perfect with a splash of milk.

I was hoping for something a little darker and more brooding, but I’m pleased with what I actually got. An unusual combination of ingredients, and a pleasant tea to have tried. Thanks again to Shmiracles for sharing this with me!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Had my last cup of this very recently. May it rest in peace… I really liked this blend. It was one of the few chocolate blends that stuck with me. It was very well balanced between tea and blended additions. Tasted wonderfully of coconut, cinnamon, and chocolate all in one, but the black tea flavour was still present throughout the cup. It was a great “curl up with a book in a blanket” tea. I often wonder if I will every find anything like it again.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Earth

I really wanted to like this one, but it’s so high-maintenance that it just isn’t worth it. The first steep is entirely cinnamon. None of the other flavours come out at all, and you’re left with this gross, murky-looking, cinnamon water concoction. The second and third steeps, however, are pretty good and definitely worth it if you have the time to steep it, dump out the first cup, and re-steep. That’s the only way it’s worth it. I’ve actually been mixing it with Cookie Dough or Chocolate Orange and that makes it really yummy. Just a bit of a miss on this one unfortunately.

Not bad. I wasn’t sure if I liked it the first time I had it, it was a little weak but the second time I had it, it somehow really hit the spot and the melted chocolate in it was really yummy. I wouldn’t say this is my favourite, but it’s up there with my better teas

This tea is definitely not one of my favorites. It’s not bad, but I personally find it to be on the weaker side so I like to steep it for a few extra minutes. The chocolate flavor itself is alright, although I’m not a fan of the cinnamon -there isn’t quite enough to be tasty but there is just enough to leave an after taste. Not a bad tea, but not one that I would consider repurchasing. So overall I’m not sad that DAVIDsTEA retired this particular blend from their collection.

Good. You taste cinnamon, not coconut.

The taste of this certainly didn’t seem to match either the description or the name. It smelled okay, and tasted somewhat full bodied with some sweetness, but the flavours were unremarkable and nondescript. I wouldn’t recommend it or try it again. Lacks the flavour of a flavoured black tea, and the distinctiveness of a good solid unflavoured black tea.

I drink this when I want something sweet, but not turn into the cookie monster. It’s delicious but a bit weaker than what I was expecting. I’m not big on coconut in my tea and in this one I can only pick up on that with the chocolate. I would have liked a little bit more spice to balance out the sweetness.