Stormy Night (organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Vanilla Flavour
Cinnamon, Spices, Sweet, Chocolate, Vanilla, Bitter, Coconut, Creamy, Cocoa, Cream, Earth, Nutmeg, Spicy, Caramel
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Saphron Jenene

• “Eh, this one is not quite what I was expecting. It brews up quite murky, and with an offputting aroma that I can’t quite place. It’s a little reminiscent of Super Chocolate or Dr. Chocolate...” Read full tasting note
  • “I must be doing something wrong, or maybe my taste buds are on the fritz? The flavors are a lot weaker than I was expecting. Cinnamon is the only flavor that I can identify among all the...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is another tea I am trying to drink down lol, it doesn’t wow me, and the chocolate gets a bit monotonous after a while for me. I’m really not that much of a chocolate fan I guess lol. Anyways,...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got distracted so this cup is now cold. It is really not good cold. All the flavors combine into one thick, odd taste. The word “muddy” comes to mind. I know that sounds strange but the...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

As good as it gets

It was three o’clock in the afternoon on a rainy Friday. David was hungry. He needed a nap, a shave, and a hot meal. What he had was a kettle, a pack of matches, and a bag of black tea. So he grabbed some ingredients and threw them in the water. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla – this drink was a real piece of work. He lifted his cup, took a drink and then another. It was hotter than an inferno and smoother than silk. It was good. Almost too good.

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

alright, this one is definitely one of my favorite tea from the david’s Tea collection. This one doesn’t need to be steeped for too long, but I have to warn you if you’re on a diet, do NOT grab this tea, cause it is almost impossible not to taste the big chocolate bits while waiting for the water to warm. So about the taste : if you like chocolate and cinnamon together, this one is definitely a must-try!!! I mean contrary to some other DT this one may exactly have the taste you would except it to have from the main ingredients list : probably not really original, but definitely a good all-time classic for the evening!

Initially, I wasn’t overly impressed with this tea. But you know what? I keep going back to it. I’ve almost finished my 25g sample and I’m crying on the inside because I can’t justify buying more tea until some other have been drunk down.

It has a strange, murky liquor that I find unpleasant, but I just add a splash of milk and it seems to soften it.

Chocolate-y, vanilla-y, coconut-y goodness + black tea. What’s not to love?

This one was just OK for me…I think it may be better as a latte. The cinnamon and chocolate is an interetsting pairing and I dont know if I like it in this tea. For that combination I definetely prefer Cocoa Canela. I would try again but as a latte next time.

Hrrm. Well, it’s been a hectic couple of weeks, but I’m still alive! and back on steepster. And I’d like to apologize to the people i’ve traded with; your items should be coming very soon.
This tea is odd. I liked the very first cup out of the bag, but then something went wrong. I usually don’t like Davids cinnamon teas, because they taste weird to me (I think the cinnamon has a weird aftertaste), but several people told me that this was good, so i got it It just leaves this weird taste in your mouth. blech. And it made my mug smell weird for several days. Well, whatever. Also, I’m sick and drinking lemony honey filled rooibos :)

Hmm… I like this one, but I am a bit disappointed. I brewed it for the recommended amount of time and even added more tea in to make it stronger. It brewed up quite weak, though I do taste equal amounts of chocolate and coconut with a hint of cinnamon. I’m hoping it will get better as I continue to drink this one.

UPDATE:
I find myself drinking this tea much more than I thought I would. This tea is brewing up stronger now and I think that adding a bit more tea helps in the steeping process. All in all, I am quite happy with this one. :-)

Well, the chinook that had been blowing for a few days came back with a fierce vengeance. The wind blew bitter and it snowed unlike I had every seen while the night came, blocking paths to my workplace and erasing my footsteps as I went. I could only think of brewing up this tea as it described my night perfectly.

I had my doubts when I inhaled it. It didn’t smell like a tea I would want to consume at night but I needed the caffeine and away it brewed. When I took a sip I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted like one of my old standby remedies for when I am ill – Cinnamon on dry toast. I actually believe this tea would pair perfectly with it as brings me comfort as my remedy does. That said, the tea did help me keep awake during the night so it got extra love points from me for it.

I think I will keep buying Stormy Night, but only a bag to keep through the year. It’s nice but not something I would splurge on… Unless I was ill all year.

I was initially sold on the description: coconut tea? Sign me up! There was quite a strong overtone of cocoa/chocolate in the dry mix, but it was definitely more subtle when brewed. I didn’t find the coconut/vanilla very present once brewed and it was mostly cinnamon/chocolate overpowering it.
I know some people have commented that the flavour was weak, but I found it fairly strong and think this tea is perfectly suited for a cold, rainy night.
While not my favourite tea from David’s, it’s become a staple in my cupboard.

I didn’t want to like this tea.

my first impression was that there was too much going on with this tea. The smell was really over powering and the list of ingredients was scary. I really did think this tea was to good to be true.

However, I was pleasantly surprised once I steeped it! a little sugar and some milk and it was as rich and creamy as having a latte. It’s defiantly a dessert tea but the flavour reminds me something you would get at a coffee shop. D-licious!

Not much to this one. I usually would try 4 tsps in 16 oz but I didn’t have that much left :(

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

So apparently I’ve never written a review for this tea before!?

I know I’ve had it a few times though, since for the last few years its come back around Halloween just like this year. I guess I always just forgot to log it on Steepster!?

This one has never really been a favourite of mine, but I don’t hate it either. In theory it sounds really good; creamy coconut and chocolate with warming spices and vanilla!? That should be quite comforting, right!? Something about it has always just slightly reminded me of soap though – chocolate and cinnamon soap. I’ve never, ever been able to totally nail down what ingredient does it for me though. Experience with other teas would suggest it’s the coconut, but this is a different sort of soap note that I find distinct from the taste of lotiony/soapy coconut.

So far this year, I’ve had this one twice now though both times I prepared the tea the exact same way: as a latte with a hint of vanilla agave and a light sprinkle of cane sugar on the foam at the top of the mug. One of the two times, I also added little cat sprinkles for a bit of an added Halloween aesthetic. That’s all the sprinkles did though; add aesthetic. They don’t really taste like anything.

I actually enjoy this as a latte more than any other way I’ve tried it; it’s got a lot less of the soap taste and the other element pull together in a more harmonious way. I like the chocolate and cinnamon pairing a lot; it reminds me of Cocoa Canela/Mexican hot chocolate in general. There’s something very, very comforting about it that just warms you up from the inside out. Like a nice big, reassuring hug. Hints of vanilla in the undertones. The coconut is just sort of missing, though? Oh well.

This is good for the very occasional drink at work but not something I’d want to buy for at home…