Peppermint Amour (organic)

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by J. Sterling Smith

From DAVIDsTEA

Fall in love

Peppermint is said to enhance your dreams. It’s also said to stimulate passion and creativity. Not to mention its fresh, cool flavour and aroma. This peppermint tea is organic, for great taste and good karma. We didn’t want to compromise when each cup has so much potential to enhance your life. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic peppermint leaves from Oregon state.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ick. Tried this as a TOTD today and definitely not impressed, but I dislike peppermint teas, so no surprise there! So I won’t be a jerk and rate this, which would bring down the rating (since I’d probably give it a 20 or so). Just tasted like any old icky peppermint tea to me. On the plus side, I sniffed the Spearmint tea and boy, does it ever smell good! It’s now on the sample-purchase list :)

DaisyChubb

The Spearmint tea is much less harsh, it’s nice and sweet and you’ll love it compared to this one I bet!

Kittenna

I’m hoping so – it did smell quite good! I’m the same way about gum too; dislike peppermint but love spearmint (and wintermint/freshmint).

ScottTeaMan

K….I like all the mints you mention, but isn’t it funny, i am just the opposite when it comes to peppermint & spearmint issue. :))

Kittenna

Given the relative abundance of pepperminty things compared to spearmint, I would have to guess that most of the world is more like you, ScottTeaMan.

Needed an anti-headache pick-me-up today (and, apparently, ALL THE HYPHENS) so my lovely wife made me a cup of this to take to work. It made it all the way to the bus stop with me and was quickly gone. I have so much love in my heart for the peppermint tea. It’s just so blissfully unadulterated.

This is nice, it’s straightforward, simple. It doesn’t have anything complicated to say. Usually this ends up being my after-dinner tea. Most of the time I try to drink tea without sugar added to it, but once in a while it does magically end up in here. It’s not the strongest peppermint, but it’s far from weak. It’s a nice, easy going tea. All smiles from me.

One of my first loves of tea was peppermint. It’s awesome for upset stomach, calming nerves, aiding digestion and reducing headaches. I love peppermint tea, especially in the winter time when you just want to warm up.

Peppermint tea can vary in it’s strength and this tea is VERY peppermint’y’. Take note of your steeping time, 30-60 seconds. I steeped for closer to 70 seconds because I generally like my tea stronger, I have to say, it’s a bit too strong. AND I just burned my mouth. Perfect.

Bonnie

If you get the chance in the Summer buy fresh mint or grow It (I Grow it indoors in Winter) bruise it and put a large bunch in a tea pot ant pour on the steaming hot water to steep strong. In Lebanon Egypt etc.this is served with lots ant lots of sugar in small glasses for hours. Keep adding water. I grow 6 organic mint varieties.(pineapple,orange,apple,banana,chocolate,speermint)

Erin

Cool! good to know!

Bonnie

sorry the spelling on my new kindle fire is aweful…my laptop is easier

Holy Peppermint Explosion Batman!

This is by far the best straight peppermint tea I’ve ever had. Pure, unadulterated peppermint. My mom recommended this for when my stomach is spasming, but I have yet to test her theory (thankfully, the stomach spasms feel like contractions—except contractions come and go in waves—and a stomach spasm can go on for hours). However the in-laws are visiting this weekend and without fail their presence tends to trigger one. Let’s cross our fingers that this time will be different, but if it does happen I’ll have this tea on-hand to potentially aid the situation.

On another note, has anyone tried this iced? As a cocktail? I’m tempted to play around with it a little bit since 30g of this tea seems like a lot.

Uniquity

I wasn’t a fan of it iced BUT I don’t really like iced tea at all – However I do LOVE this tea.
ps – Sorry about the stomach spasms, that sounds awful. : (

There’s not much to say about this one… It’s just straight peppermint, and that’s exactly what it tastes like. Great for an upset stomach. Steeped for less than 45s.

205 °F / 96 °C

not feeling good tonight :( save me, peppermint.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Not my fave! To be fair, it was the first tea I’ve had from the store that they oversteeped. My DT is is really good for steeping their iced teas just right, but hey.
I like the spearmint more, this one is a punch to the face of mint – which is awesome when you’re in the mood for it!

I love my peppermint teas with milk, so I’ll try it again and give it a better rating once I’ve had it hot. b^_^

Iced

Peppermint tea is like the sweater I always wear when I want something warm and cozy. It’s reliable, soothing and goes with everything. After tasting this one, I exiled my peppermint teabags to the hard-to-reach cupboard above the fridge. This tastes fresh and full-bodied, like a peppermint flavor explosion. It’s like my old sweater magically became new again.

There doesn’t seem to be much too say about this tea. It’s got a good flavour to it, but it honestly isn’t the most peppermint-y tea I’ve ever had. Still good though.

The fact that it’s caffeine-free is a bonus for me as I will drink it before bed, particularly when I’ve got a cold. Or if I AM cold. Or any old reason, really.

I do warn anyone purchasing this tea though that it is an extremely light tea. I learned the hard way that buying 100g of it from DAVIDsTEA is a whole lot of tea. I left there with two bags and one of their tins.
Good thing I like peppermint.