Organic North African Mint

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Green Tea, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Mint, Pepper, Spicy, Fennel, Black Pepper, Spices, Bitter, Musty, Cardamon, Clove, Earth, Licorice, Peppermint, Sweet, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

From DAVIDsTEA

Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb. (MK Kosher)

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This has an interesting flavour – a balance of both spice and mint. The spiciness comes from a variety of ingredients – fennel, licorice, cardamom, ginger and black pepper. It has a refreshing quality to it and makes for a nice early afternoon tea with a light amount of caffeine from the green tea base.

Flavors: Mint, Pepper, Spicy

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I like mint teas very much, but not his one. Too much pepper in the taste, the mint seems like an afterthought. I am going to try to finish this one, but not sure it will happen.

Flavors: Fennel, Mint, Pepper

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I love mint teas and was really excited to try this one, but it’s just ok. I’m not a huge fan of anise or fennel, so that definitely affects my opinion on this tea. The mint is almost an aftertaste, and it’s not as refreshing as a mint tea should be.

Finally got a sample of this to try out… I don’t mind the mint, but I don’t like the black pepper and other spices in this blend. Definitely not for me. It was drinkable though.

Flavors: Black Pepper, Mint, Spices

Day 6 of David’s Tea’s 24 Days of Tea 2017

12 OZ / 354 ML

I usually enjoy mint tea but there was just something about this one that did not sit well with me. It had an odd after taste that seem to stick to my mouth, making it very unpleasant.

Flavors: Bitter, Mint, Musty, Spices

Day 6 DavidsTea 24 Days of Tea advent calendar — Organic North African Mint. When I hear North Africa and Mint, I think licorice. So when I brewed up this tea and gave it a whiff, I was surprised to find it to be spicy, earthy and even almost a little pleasantly musky, but I picked up on no licorice, though it is in there. It’s fairly light, much lighter than most licorice-mint blends, despite the strong spice presence and it’s immensely refreshing. Now, I know not everyone likes mint. If that’s you, the mint is still pretty in your face, so you guys should give this one a pass. The addition of green tea for a light caffeine pick-me-up is a nice touch, too.

The flavour profile reminds me a tiny bit of some of my favourite unisex scents: earthy, spicy, but fresh and coolly stimulating. The chill bite of the mint is balanced quite well with the warmth from the spices, working particularly well to temper the black pepper which has a tendency to overpower things.

Great mid-afternoon tea or after a big meal as a digestive. Unexpected, in a good way. I could absolutely see buying this one after the calendar is over. A real winner for mint lovers out there!

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cardamon, Clove, Earth, Fennel, Mint

Not reviewing this tea as I do NOT drink mint teas of any kind. Logging it here as part of the Davids Tea 24 Days of Tea Advent calendar – Day 6

Mint isn’t usually my cuppa, especially right now while breastfeeding, but it does make for a very nice calming tea after putting the teeth 6 month old down. This is a very unique mix. The moment the liquor hits your tongue you get a bit of roasted notes along with the mix of spices.

Advent Calendar 2017, Day 6: Refreshing, a bit of spice. Had it hot, but might make a good iced tea.

Second steep was much lighter, but still drinkable.

1.25 tsp of teas, 1 “perfect spoon”

Flavors: Black Pepper, Licorice, Peppermint