The Spice is Right

Green Tea
Chili Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove, Green Tea Leaves, Orange Peel
Cinnamon, Clove, Orange Zest, Black Pepper, Cloves, Spicy, Spices, Sweet, Celery, Orange, Anise, Peppercorn, Sugar, Smooth, Apple, Cardamon, Ginger, Green, Pepper, Citrus Zest
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Is there any flavour combo more comforting than orange and cinnamon? There’s something about it that’s instantly comforting – like warm spice cake or a glass of hot punch. But nostalgia isn’t the only thing giving you that warm fuzzy feeling. Cinnamon is said to have warming properties, and one sip of this spice-laden green tea is all it takes to get that cozy fireside feeling going. Add some sweet orange peel and a zingy hint of chili pepper, and you’ve got a zesty blend that warms you up from the inside out.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I bought 9 different teas for my sister in law from Davids – about 20g of a variety to help her figure out what she likes. I bought this one as well, and then sorta wanted it for myself, and then compromised by taking one scoop out so I could try it and decide for myself later on if I should buy more.

It’s really refreshingly orange, and what I call, zippy. The cinnamon and chili are the most dominant flavours in this blend, and I like it. It’s been ages since I had an orange-cinnamon tea. I haven’t tried H&S’s green blend so I can’t compare it to that, but I do like the green version of this type of tea about as much as I do the black. It does taste less like artificial sweetener than the H&S black blend did, so maybe this would be worth stocking up on… (It does still taste a little like artificial sweetener though. Just not as noticeably? And it could be something in the blend that makes it taste that way without it actually being sweetener.)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange Zest

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Today was my first visit ever to an actual David’s Tea store. All of the teas I had had so far I had either stolen some from friends (hehe) or bought online. The nearest store is a 3-hour drive from where I live, so… Anyway today, I was very excited. I had heard a lot of good things about their costumer service and my experience today was awesome. The store was crowded and yet the nice lady was very patient and funny. I smelled so much tea ! And I bought a lot too. Oops.

This one came out today so it was one of the two teas of the day along with White Chocolate Frost. It is amazing ! I didn’t get any of the orange though, mostly just cinnamon, but a very sweet kind of cinnamon almost like those Valentine cinnamon hearts. The perfect tea for the month of February ! Warming and soothing and just yummy!

Flavors: Cinnamon

Cavocorax

I’m happy you had a great experience! They are the #1 reason that I attempted playing around with loose leaf. I was nervous and intimidated, and I feel shy walking into a store where I know nothing, but they were so friendly and disarming that it didn’t take long to get me comfortable! Even though I don’t buy as much from them now that I’ve branched out to other companies, I still think highly of them as a company.

Meliboum

I felt exactly the same yesterday ! I was nervous and intimidated, and I felt stupid for feeling like this, and it was so crowded I thought the lady would never tike the time I needed to let me decide… I was about to give up and just buy stuff online instead, but then she started asking questions and making conversation like I was the only customer in the store. I got to smell all the teas I wanted to try and more, and I ended up very happy about my teas and my customer experience. :) Plus I also had passed by the free teas of the day without trying any because it was too crowded, and when I had paid and everything she still took the time to ask me if I had tasted it or not and she gave me a sample cup. How amazing !

Please keep things friendly and .

I tried this when I visited David’s Tea yesterday. This is a tea which I have wanted to try since it first came out. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I found the orange to be very sirupy and the tea was overly sweet (I didn’t even add any type of sweetener.) The tea left a weird aftertaste in my mouth as well. I can’t see myself wanting to try this again.

Flavors: Orange Zest

Please keep things friendly and .

I used double the quantity today to brew the tea. It tastes much better but that was a lot of tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Please keep things friendly and .

Day 19 DavidsTea 24 Days of Tea advent calendar — The Spice is Right (organic). Once again I had to pull out the tool box to get the tin open. This time I tried vice grips to no avail and resorted to using needle nose pliers to pull up the lid edge from around the plastic window so I could dump the tea out of the top. This poor tin is so mangled now…

And the whole time this enticing aroma of spice kept wafting up at me every time I made any headway on accessing the tea. In the end, the fight was worth it, though. I’m a huge spice fan, so this baby was right up my alley. It delivers in-your-face clove and cinnamon with an undercurrent of orange zest, peppery-ness, and a slight green tea astringency. I think the clove and cinnamon oils actually kind hover at the top of the liquid, as it tasted like I was getting an immediate note of those two with every sip followed by the orange and green tea-ness. If that makes sense.

If you like spices, you’ll probably like this tea. If you’re not into having your face punched with clove oil, you might want to skip it. And, pairs well with some Fireball whiskey if tea cocktails are your thing. ;)

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove, Orange Zest

Please keep things friendly and .

Advent Calendar 2017, Day 19: Wonderfully cinnamon. Used 1 perfect teaspoon (1.25 tsp) to 16 oz mug, will probably use more in the future. Reminds me of Let It Snow, without the fruitiness, which makes it a simpler, but more satisfying experience.

Please keep things friendly and .

I love this tea! It smells great, it tastes great, it warms me up around the holidays! It is a little sweet, which normally I don’t like, but I think is necessary with these flavors. It is reminiscent of mulling spices. I like that it has a bit of caffeine in it too, I always need a little something to keep me going.

Please keep things friendly and .

This is unlike any other tea I’ve had before. It smells like delicious cinnamon spice! The first thing that hits you is how sweet it is, followed by spice, cinnamon and clove flavors. Then there is the kick of chili pepper. It was a little too much for me and I only got a tiny hint of that orange. It’s definitely a nice tea for warming up on cool days, but easily over-steeped. I made it much too strong the first time around and couldn’t finish my mug. For a green tea, it’s very wintery and spicy, but a bit too potent for my taste.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange Zest, Spicy

Please keep things friendly and .

I love that some of the ingredients are organic, but I wish there wasn’t natural flavours. At least it’s better than artificial flavours. I love the taste of this tea, it’s one of my favourite to drink hot and I don’t need to add anything to it. The spice makes my tongue tingle and it is also nice and sweet. It leaves my mouth feeling and tasting great. I want to buy more as I always go through it pretty fast.

Flavors: Spices, Spicy, Sweet

Please keep things friendly and .

Got this from the ‘christmas treats’ sampler. I suppose it’s ok for someone who likes spiced tea, but it’s not for me.

Disclaimer: I’m far from a tea connaisseur/enthusiast. My notes are not meant to be a review for the tea community, but rather for myself so I know what to buy or not buy again (I wish there was a way to keep notes private).