Sangria

Herbal Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Hibiscus, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Orange Pieces, Raspberry, Strawberry
Hibiscus, Tangy, Tart, Alcohol, Orange, Fruity, Citrus Fruits, Sweet, Apple, Artificial, Red Wine, Strawberry, Orange Zest, Licorice, Raspberry, Citrus, Candy
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I think (hope) this is the last of this tea. I’m having it iced and its just too tart for me… Despite adding sugar – and – vodka. The vodka made it a little more bearable but its still clear I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is a bit of an enigma to me. I’ve finally drank down my stash of it, but it has definitely been a journey. I find the orange, liquorice root, and hibiscus to be quite nauseating together....” Read full tasting note
  • “I LOVE the smell of Sangria! It smells delicious and very fruit punch-y. I’m pretty impressed because I have to say they really got the flavors on point. It really reminds me of actual sangria just...” Read full tasting note
  • “Oh, this was good. Like drinking a thick fruit juice instead of tea. Very fruity with a hint of bitterness that was surprisingly welcome. I wouldn’t call it sangria, mostly because actual sangria...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Imagine the perfect summer day. Chances are it involves sunshine, a patio and a big pitcher of sangria. Seriously, summer just isn’t summer without that tasty concoction of wine and fresh fruit. And with tart hibiscus and big pieces of apple, orange and berries, this fruity, all-natural tisane tastes just like the real thing. Try brewing up a big pitcher with red wine, agave and a splash of sparkling water. Bistro table and sunny patio not included. Limited edition.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I think (hope) this is the last of this tea. I’m having it iced and its just too tart for me… Despite adding sugar – and – vodka. The vodka made it a little more bearable but its still clear I’m not a fan of this tea. Meh. Just too much hibiscus I guess. It’s very tangy and tart.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Tangy, Tart

This tea is a bit of an enigma to me. I’ve finally drank down my stash of it, but it has definitely been a journey. I find the orange, liquorice root, and hibiscus to be quite nauseating together. Something about the tea tastes like it’s trying to be alcohol. I don’t appreciate alcoholic notes in my teas, and Sangria is no exception. Some things can’t, and shouldn’t, be emulated in a tea.

As I was drinking this, I found myself physically grimacing. I couldn’t finish my mug; luckily this was also my last bit of the loose leaf. I think I specifically hate the liquorice root in this tea. After swallowing, the liquorice root leaves a sickly sweetness in the mouth, along the lines of very sweet liqueurs I have tried. If I drank an entire cup of this I would likely end up with a headache.

Update: I am feeling quite sick to my stomach after drinking about half a mug of this. It’s likely a mental reaction, and maybe I’m being ridiculous, but this has got to be the worst tea I have ever drank from DAVIDsTEA.

Flavors: Alcohol, Hibiscus, Orange

Iced 4 min, 0 sec

I LOVE the smell of Sangria! It smells delicious and very fruit punch-y.

I’m pretty impressed because I have to say they really got the flavors on point. It really reminds me of actual sangria just without the alcohol.

At times I could taste the hibiscus more so than others. I always find steeping with hibiscus tricky cause sometimes it just comes out so bitter. Luckily a bit of sweetener goes a long way.

I found this to be a very refreshing drink and will have to try cold brewing it to see which way tastes better. Perhaps cold brew will alleviate any bitterness from the hibiscus?

Oh, this was good. Like drinking a thick fruit juice instead of tea. Very fruity with a hint of bitterness that was surprisingly welcome. I wouldn’t call it sangria, mostly because actual sangria tends to have some astringency from the red wine for me, but this was excellent.

… And also a run on sentence. Oops.

I tried this tea iced and it definitely reminds me of sangria but minus the alcohol.

Smell like straight up sangria to me, taste like sangria, but is not as good as a sangria. Sangria without alcool is just that: sangria without alcool. It’s tart and fruity, but it’s not satisfying. This one is not for me.

I’m not 100% sure how I feel about this one. I initially had a small sample at DAVID’s and there was something about it that I didn’t like. Even then, I ended up topping up my travel mug with it and it really started to grow on me. Overall, it was really fruity. The only thing that really stood out for me were some juicy orange notes. There’s a little bit of a red grape vibe as well. It’s not tart at all—basically like drinking juice. I don’t think I’d pick any up, but I did enjoy what I had.

Flavors: Fruity, Orange

Iced

I’ve never had sangria, so I can’t really speak to how similar/dissimilar this blend tastes to the real thing. Wine just isn’t my thing. However, I have tried a few sangria-inspired tea blends, and I really enjoy this particular blend. I find it’s quite balanced, which can be difficult when hibiscus is thrown into the mix. I tend to steep this on the shorter range of the recommended steep time so that the flavor of the tart hibiscus is softened by the berry and orange notes. It’s quite refreshing over ice and/or as the base of a spritzer. Hello summer!

It tastes really similar to Strawberry-Rhubarb Parfait in my opinion but more tart and overall less good. I didn’t buy it myself (because I knew it wasn’t something I would like) but someone send a sample to me. It’s nice that I got it for free but I wouldn’t buy that again.

Iced 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

I cold brewed this tea and it was delicious!!! I didn’t know it was a seasonal blend until I was in a David’s Tea and I mentioned it to someone who worked there. I still have some left and will be holding onto it till it comes back around next year!!!
Delicious and has a beautiful aroma!! my co-workers also love the smell and keep asking me to drink it all the time! Hahahaha.

Flavors: Citrus Fruits, Sweet, Tangy