Quangzhou Milk Oolong

Oolong Tea
Butter, Milk, Vanilla, Cream, Floral, Raspberry, Strawberry, Sweet, warm grass, Vegetal, Creamy, Apricot, Fruity, Stonefruits, Astringent, Bitter, Grass, Green, White Chocolate, Sweet, Nutty
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by K W

From DAVIDsTEA

This rare oolong tea from China’s Wuyi Mountains is velvety smooth and creamy, with a subtle hint of orchid. It’s said that it came about when the moon fell in love with a comet. The comet passed her by, as comets will do. The moon cried milky tears, which chilled the tea fields, withering the leaves and giving them a delicate creaminess. This milky oolong tea has been a rare luxury ever since.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

One of my favorite teas, for sure. Buttery and comforting, it gets better with multiple steeps. I usually steep this one up to 4 or 5 times.

Flavors: Butter, Milk, Vanilla

the notes of floral, strawberry and raspberry are very subtle, but welcome. the milk and creme notes are very upfront, and linger throughout the multiple steeps. ( i can get about three to four steeps out of a single tsp. of tea)

Flavors: Cream, Floral, Milk, Raspberry, Strawberry

Oolongs are my fave. This tea is delicious creamy buttery goodness. Enjoyed my resteeped cups just as much. Very warm & comforting…a treat to come home to after a long day! Savor and re-steep..it changes with each steep and is quite lovely.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Floral, Sweet, warm grass, Vegetal

Really like this, even though I’m a traditionalist and this tea has added vanilla flavoring. They’ve done a good job though; it has a wonderful aroma and delicious flavor without being too overpowering.

Flavors: Cream, Floral, Vanilla, Vegetal

I love oolongs. My favorite oolong from David’s Tea will always be the Vanilla Orchid, but this is nice too. It has a comforting, slightly sweet, powdered milk flavor to it. I like their Butter Sencha green tea more for a similar, but more complex and sweet, flavor profile.

i had this one first about a week ago the day after a friends birthday, and it wasnt too good paired with my hangover. a week later, and im liking it quite a bit more. getting the butteriness, and milkiness. going to bump my rating up a bit here.

This is the only milk oolong i’ve ever tried but I sure do love it! The creaminess it gives without any added flavors is amazing. This is my go-to when I just want a clean flavor.

I love serving this to non-tea drinkers. They are so confused where the creaminess is coming from. All natural baby! I can’t wait to try other milk oolongs to compare :)

Couleur verte très pâle translucide, particules de feuilles de thé en suspension. Arôme de lait, beurre, pas grand chose d’autre. Goût de beurre, végétal, légère amertume. Corps moyen-dense, texture crémeuse voir grasse.

Flavors: Butter, Creamy

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 480 ML

4g, 90 deg. C water

Steep one: 30 seconds
Lightly fruity, distinctly oolong, some light toasty flavours

Steep 2:30 seconds
Less fruity, more buttery/creamy

Steep 3: 2 minutes
Wooow that got astringent/bitter fast

Steep 4: 30 seconds
Milk flavour is present, but the oolong isn’t much more than that.
Meh, I’ve had better milk oolongs. It isn’t as flavourful as I usually like, and I’m not impressed with any tea that can turn bitter/astringent.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Fruity, Milk

200 °F / 93 °C

This tea is good but not great as others have said. It smells fantastic, creamy and delicious, but unfortunately it doesn’t taste that way. It has a smooth, slightly creamy taste, but then a bitter, leafy aftertaste. It honestly smells great- it smells exactly like a green tea kit kat. I wish that’s what it tasted like. This is one of those teas that smells way better than it tastes, especially for the price. I would not buy this one again.

Flavors: Bitter, Cream, Grass, Green, Milk, White Chocolate