Pumpkin Cheesecake

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Carrot, Cinnamon Bark, Green Rooibos, Honeybush, Natural Flavours, Nutmeg, Pumpkin Pieces, Rooibos, Safflower, White Chocolate
Creamy, Pumpkin, Rooibos, Sweet, White Chocolate, Spicy, Sugar, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Cream, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Spices, Cinnamon, Almond, Carrot, Cheesecake, Butternut Squash, Smooth, Vanilla, Wet Wood, Wood, Soap, Honey, Ginger, Cake, Cookie, Smoke, Coconut, Thick, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

From apple pie to spice cake, fall is truly a season of desserts. And one concoction rules them all. After all, what could be better than a slice of pumpkin cheesecake? With all the warm spice of a classic pumpkin pie, a decadently creamy base and a toasty graham cracker crust, it’s the ultimate seasonal treat. And this sweet and comforting rooibos is just as good as the real thing. Blending maple sugar, white chocolate, pumpkin and spice, it’s dessert in a cup. Limited edition!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It’s okay. It’s a bit too sweet for me, I prefer my pumpkin more spicy or more squashy. I suppose I should’ve known Pumpkin Cheesecake would be sweet, and yet here I am… surprised, haha. I basically only like it as a hot latte, made with 4 PS. Anything else just tastes like vaguely sweetened milk. The good news is I don’t mind using a lot of this when I drink it as it means it’ll go down faster.

Not bad, but just not to my taste. I don’t get any of the woody taste that others get, but I actually love rooibos tea so it may be that others are tasting that when I just taste warm, sweet rooibos. It definitely seems like a nice tea for children as well, as it’s sweet and warm and not terribly strongly flavored.

Flavors: Creamy, Pumpkin, Rooibos, Sweet, White Chocolate

This tea was on sale on their website and I thought I would give it a try. That decision is definitely the best one I made so far this year! This tea is a perfect mix of sweet and spice. I love it! I added a little bit of warm milk to make it more creamy and it was a success. It’s the first time I’m adding milk to any tea and I find it really interesting and different. I will do that more often.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Spicy, Sugar

Oh yeah I sipped this disaster down yesterday evening with some milk. No more tears.

Michelle

Haha, I hated it – therefore no need to get any this year

Kristal

Ugh, this one was awful

Hmm, at first sip, I wanted to say that I didn’t like it. It was very spicy, and almost reminded me of a Chai tea. However, I refused to experience buyer’s remorse that quickly, and made myself try a second cup. This time around, I added Teavana’s rock sugar to the mix. The rock sugar enhanced the sweetness of the white chocolate and maple syrup, making the drink palatable enough, although the spice from the nutmeg still dominates. Next time, I’m going to try this with a splash of milk.

Flavors: Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, White Chocolate

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This one was one of my favourite teas from Fall 2014. You can actually taste the pumpkin and pumpkin spice.

From the EU TTB

I love both pumpkin and cheesecake, so this one was an easy steal from the EU TTB for me. The dry leaf smells amazing – very squashy and a little sweet. It actually reminds me a bit of some of the Della Terra teas I was drinking a little while back (I’m thinking Carrot Cake particularly) – it has the same desserty vibe going on, and it’s the kind of tea that makes the whole kitchen smell amazing. It was a winner before I took the first sip. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. It brewed up pretty dark, so I added a splash of milk.

Fortunately, it’s just as good to taste. As with many pumpkin teas, it’s more spicy than squashy initially. The spice blend in this one is pretty good – mostly cinnamon and a touch of ginger. The pumpkin emerges in the mid-sip, and it’s pretty true to life as far as I can tell. The reason I’m struggling is because the mid-sip is also where the sweet, creamy, white chocolatey, biscuity, maple syrupy, cream cheesey CHEESECAKE flavour comes out. It’s pretty strong, and it more or less overwhelms both the spice and the pumpkin flavours once it gets going. Still, it’s cheesecake and I can’t really complain about that. A break between sips restores some of the initial flavour, and stops the sweetness becoming cloying.

I’m really enjoying this one. I can’t get David’s easily in the UK, but this would be one I’d look to purchase if I could. Along with many others, obviously. One day I’ll get over to America and bring back my bodyweight in tea, and this is a fact.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
KittyLovesTea

I have quite a bit of this tea which was from a previous trade. I’m always happy to pass this one onto you :)

Thank you for the sale, MissB! I really wanted to try this one. It would probably be better in autumn, but it was delicious anyway! I can taste pumpkin in this. I’m not sure how authentic it is, but at least it’s TRYING to be pumpkin. The spices were more of a fragrance from the cup more than in the flavor. There was also a lot of creamy slightly tarty flavor that was like cheesecake. I did actually have the pumpkin cheesecake ONCE and it was quite good (actually the last dessert I ate in a restaurant and that was ages ago.) This blend has a nice balance though this rooibos was slightly harsher on the throat than usual, even in a teabag.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons // few minutes after boiling // 2-3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // few minutes

Admittingly, this tea wins as the best pumpkin tea from DT. I’m a huge lover of all things pumpkin, and even DT’s Pumpkin Chai, but there’s something about Pumpkin Cheesecake that takes the win. It might just be because it’s rooibos, making it caffeine free (win!) or even the sweet hints of white chocolate, but the combination of everything just makes it smooth and a little less spicy than Pumpkin Chai. I would definitely recommend this and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they’ll bring it back this fall. I also recommend adding some milk too.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, White Chocolate

Sipdown!

I’m definitely drinking this tea about 6 months too late, though leftover turkey from Easter dinner can make me pretend it’s Thanksgiving. This is a really nice sipping tea. A subtle cinnamon-y pumpkin flavour that leaves you with a spiced aftertaste. Pumpkin is not usually a favourite of mine, but this goes down nicely. Not getting a whole lot of cheesecake though. I can see this being a really nice accompaniment to a walk sometime towards the end of September or beginning of October; it might even be worth buying a tad to do just that. All in all, it’s just the wrong time of year.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices

I had a second eye surgery on Wednesday of last week. Well, last night was the first night I wanted to make myself something fancy with tea. So I whipped up a tea latte with this tea. I got a lot of great cheesecake flavor with this method and pumpkin too! Will def. try again!

Flavors: Almond, Carrot, Cheesecake, Pumpkin

TeaBrat

oh, hope you are feeling better!

IllBeMother221B