North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Mint, Pepper, Spices, Clove, Herbs, Cloves, Ginger, Licorice, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Cardamon, Hay, Spicy, Fennel, Peppermint, Nutty
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I’m glad I had a cup of this. It’s been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if Sil has had...” Read full tasting note
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I’ve been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn’t want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet craving haha and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I’m just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me I’m sick. I’ve made...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this tea after a suggestion of using it for allergies. Of course I got it at the tail end of allergy season, so didn’t really get to put that theory into practice, but we’ll see next year I guess. It’s a pretty spicy tea, but good for every once in a while!

Taste great. Just add a hint of agave syrup, makes it minty and refreshing =)
Love it after a big meal or cooler nights.

Got this from the ‘christmas treats’ sampler. It seems very similar in taste to Le Digestif. I’ll have to compare them both so narrow down which one I want to keep on hand for when I need that minty tea.

I think this is my favorite tea I’ve ever tried from David’s Tea. It is so flavorful and cleansing, it essentially does exactly what it says it will. A great tea to start your day, a great tea when you’re a bit frantic, a great tea when you’re not feeling too well. I love it!

Flavors: Mint, Pepper, Spices

The minty aspect is fairly subtle – not overwhelming in any way. It has a punchy aroma, like incense or sage… I guess almost like what you’d expect to smell walking into some kind of New Age shop. At first this put me off but by my second or 3rd cup I warmed up to it. Definitely quite herbaceous. It’s great after a heavy meal, especially if you’ve perhaps gone a little overboard and need to quell an uneasy stomach!

Flavors: Clove, Herbs

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

#ProjectTeaWall

Iced at work last night…

You know, I really thought that I’d be all over this one. The only ingredient, aside from the base, that I’m not big on is the ginger and even that is a flavour I’ve become a lot more tolerable of throughout my tea exploration.

There were aspects of this that I really liked though, like the strong fennel notes and refreshingly minty finish. I couldn’t taste the base tea a lot either, and that was a big plus for me too. However, I just felt that as a whole there was something really drying to the tea mouthfeel wise and that the ‘completed’ flavour profile was sort of… boring? Like, it just didn’t excite me at all and even the parts of the tea which were good weren’t great. Nothing inherently wrong or undesirable with it though, in my opinion. It just didn’t quite work for me for whatever reason.

Though, I think I DID have a bit of an epiphany while drinking it about my relationship to ginger. Recently, I’ve been more tolerable of ginger in some blends even though it’s a flavour I’m not huge on. I think I finally found the connector between the blends I like with ginger in it; when paired with other spices or on its own I find it rather overwhelming and unpleasant, but with something softer in flavour or fruity I think it can be quite nice! So, it’s all about what it’s paired with, I suppose…

Friendly reminder that I’m not currently numerically rating DAVIDsTEA blends as I’m currently seasonally employed there and it would be an obvious conflict of interest. Any blends you see with numerical ratings were rated prior to my employment there. These reviews are a reflection of my personal thoughts regarding the teas, and not the company’s.

I just got 4 ounces of this yesterday after I told a David’s Tea employee I was looking for a new green tea but was unsure where to start. She told me she always brews hers double strong and drinks it cold. I tried a cup hot, brewed a bit stronger than recommended, and completely fell in love. It has so many flavors, and they seem to just keep coming the longer you sip. I love the spicy finish on this one. Can’t wait to try it iced!

Flavors: Cloves, Ginger, Licorice, Mint, Pepper

This is my go-to for a scratchy throat.

Sometimes, the black pepper can be a bit… intense? But overall, it’s got a pleasant minty flavor with just a touch of heat (spice, not temp) that seems to mellow a wide variety of throat discomfort.

It’s overall very soothing.

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Mint

Sipdown and backlog!

Good tea for my aching tummy a couple nights ago!
I recently just moved to Florida because of my Internship, and man oh man has it been a crazy week. Not with training, but just everything that has happened in the city of Orlando so far. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families that have been affected and it’s scary to thing that every single event that has happened is less than a 30 minute drive away. Can we please just go back to being peaceful? I don’t think Orlando can take it anymore.

I thought I would like this tea because it’s mint and I love things with mint in it. But I think the licorice in it ruined it for me. It was weird tasting to me.