Shirley Temple

Herbal Tea
Apple, Cherry, Currants, Elderberries, Hibiscus, Orange, Pomegranate, Rose Hips
Cherry, Red Fruits, Orange, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Sweet, Medicinal, Artificial, Hibiscus, Tart, Citrus, Grenadine, Berries, Candy
Caffeine Free
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Digne d’un Oscar

Inspiré du cocktail sans alcool classique à l’orange et à la cerise, ce mélange fruité de baies, hibiscus et oranges donne une boisson délicieusement rétro. N’oubliez pas la cerise pour couronner le tout!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Generically fruity, not overpoweringly sweet. Might have been better as a tea soda, but I never got around to it. Oh well, this was good but not something I’m sad to be out of.

The dry leaf smells like a cross between cream soda and black cherry soda. It tastes sort of like that too, but far more watery. It’s ok, in that very generic DT’s imitation flavoured red herbal tea kind of way.

Flavors: Cherry, Red Fruits

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I had an awesome evening yesterday!

Since moving back to Regina I’ve reconnected with a couple friends I’d drifted apart from when I moved and for the first time since getting back we all had the day off work so we went out for supper and then hung out afterwards! I also got to know my friend Kandyce’s boyfriend who I’d heard a lot about and met briefly right when I first moved back (he’s the receptionist at the place I got my nose pierced). He was really fun and very easy to quickly get along with.

We started off going out for supper at these neat place that specializes in gourment poutine. Because Taylor is way too generous she paid for my meal. It was really fun, and we ended up being those asshole customers that stayed until the place closed. Probably a pain for the employees but just a great chance to catch up with everyone else.

Afterwards we stopped at my house; Kandyce works at DAVIDsTEA and is very into tea so I let her raid through my tea stash and grab samples of anything she was interested in trying. Mostly, she’s only ever drank Teavana/DAVIDsTEA so I tried to give her samples of good stuff from places like Lupicia, Butiki, Dammann Freres, RLT, What-Cha, and Camellia Sinensis. Her boyfriend Seth was more than happy to just go along with whatever she wanted, but the one thing he picked out for himself was Lapsang Souchong! I’m hoping he likes it; they only live three blocks away from me so it’d be cool to do a Gong Fu ceremony some time with them using my yixing dedicated to LS because no one in my family will drink it with me.

Afterwards we headed to Kandyce/Seth’s house and watched some Bo Burnham and laughed our asses off. Of course, since she works at DT, Kandyce has a LARGE stash of DT blends. She wanted to save the fancier teas for special occasions so we each picked out a DT blend. I wanted to drink something I couldn’t have at home which led me to picking this blend! I was sure I’d had it before, but apparently I’m confusing it with something else because I’ve never logged it here on Steepster and if I had tried it I definitely would’ve done so.

It was pretty tasty; I’d never buy as much as Kandyce has of it (like 200g) if it ever made a reappearance in stores but I’d probably buy at least some. My cup was hot, and this is obviously a tea intended for cold methods of prep. It had a very watered down grenadine flavour though. A mix of cherry and pomegranate actually which is hilarious because traditional, authentic grenadine was made with pomegranates and more “modern” grenadine uses in cocktails is now often cherry. It was also citrusy (orange) but that wasn’t the focal point.

But seriously though: just what a great night.

keychange

I love nights like that. I’m so glad you’re (re)connecting with great people after moving back!

Kristal

Sounds like a great night! And I LOVE poutine!

VariaTEA

This tasted very similar to Cherry SnoCone so I wonder if that’s where your confusion lies. Also that sounds like a great evening!

So I have been looking for a few fruit infusions to sub in for sweet drinks in our home, ones that exclude the gross chemically aftertaste of artificial flavorings. This one fits the bill nicely and the ingredients are kid friendly. My favorite fruity tea from DAVIDsTEA so far.

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

The main flavours here are cherry and orange, neither of which overpower the other. It has a generically strong, fruity taste that isn’t immediately reminiscent of a Shirley Temple but is quite similar to a good fruit punch. I could be fooled into thinking this is a juice. Wonderfully sweet with just a hint of tang, it also steeps a gorgeous dark red. So good!
Part of the DAVIDsTEA 2015 Old Timey Treats collection.

Flavors: Cherry, Orange

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I purchased a small amount of this tea to try this summer.

It has been a while since I drank it, but I was not very fond of it anyways. The flavours were definitely very strong which was nice, but to me it just tasted like a fruit punch. It wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t anything special either. I haven’t had a shirley temple in a very long time, so I couldn’t remember if the flavor profile is accurate or not.

I didn’t repurchase this because I have teas that I like a lot more. I would drink it again if I was offered some, but I wouldn’t buy anymore for myself.

Flavors: Cherry, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Orange, Sweet

I’m starting to think I’m an oddball in the tea community. Teas I love have bad reviews, teas I dislike get great reviews. I think you see how this review is going since this tea currently has a lot of favourable reviews.

My first steep I went hot. I know this was straight up marketed for iced tea, but I was in a hurry and I just threw in my thermos for work. All I got from it was a sickly cherry cough syrup taste.

I brought it home from work and iced the remainder. Not so sickly cherry, it was now palatable. I probably have about 20g left. I’m not exactly dying to steep it…

Flavors: Cherry, Medicinal

Kristal

I hear you, I hate hibiscus unless it’s iced cause it tastes like hot, sugarless koolaid

I used to drink Shirley Temples when I was a kid like little else – it was my “treat” whenever I visited my mom at work. So, even though it’s been a while since I’ve had one (I occasionally still order one), this isn’t at all what I love about a Shirley Temple. Nope, nope, nope. There’s waaaaayy too much hibiscus, not enough cherry realness, and just… nope. Fizzy tis might work better for me (as a tea pop), but… nope. Did it iced, and, nope.

Flavors: Artificial, Cherry, Hibiscus, Tart

Iced 4 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML

This one’s pretty good. It reminds me of Redberry Tonic, but a little more tart. Half a glass in, I told my mom what this blend is called and she agreed that this is similar to an actual Shirley Temple. I wouldn’t know since I haven’t tried one before. It’s refreshing, very red-tasting, kind of like a more exciting red Kool Aid, and doesn’t have any weird aftertaste. I wouldn’t stock up but I wouldn’t mind having it again either.

n an effort to use up my herbals, I have bought a number of stronger tasting fruit teas to mix in with weaker herbals to create iced tea with. I normally really dislike hibiscus because of how tart it is, but when mixed with the other teas it can be pleasant as an iced tea.

For this 2L pitcher of iced tea, I mixed in 4 “perfect spoonfuls” (about 10 tsp) of this tea with 2 perfect spoonfuls (about 5 tsp) of a plainer herbal (Nettle Greek Mountain from Steeped tea). I used near boiling water and steeped it for 7 min before pulling the filter out and sticking the tea in the fridge to cool overnight.

For a hibiscus tea, this is quite good! I’m getting a bit of a tart, citrus flavour at first followed by a cherry (grenadine?) after taste. It’s quite enjoyable and does remind me of a fruity cocktail. Overall I’m pleasantly surprised by this one. I still prefer non-hibiscus fruit teas (does that make sense?) but this is another great tea to mix with my weaker herbals.

Flavors: Cherry, Citrus, Grenadine, Tart