Mango Matcha

Green Tea, Mango
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA
165 °F / 73 °C 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I’ll start by saying that I’ve never enjoyed matcha and wasn’t ever really planning on giving it another chance. And even in this case I’m not yet willing to try it by its self, even as a latte....” Read full tasting note
  • “Stopped at DAVIDsTEA on the way home, after work, yesterday. I was hoping to get one of the samples of Peanut Butter Cup that they were giving away but I was a little too late and my store had run...” Read full tasting note
  • “Dry leaf: Very ripe mango with a slight vegetal note. Liqueur: Opaque emerald green. Flavour: Rich, juicy mango flavor. Nice and sweet, but balanced by the vegetal quality of the matcha.” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Game, set, matcha

This all-natural blend of stone-ground matcha and cane sugar is the easiest, most convenient way to make your favourite green tea recipes. It’s already sweetened, so all you need to do is decide what you want to make. You can blend it with yogurt and ice for matcha mango lassi, froth it with milk for a latte, mix it into cookie batter, or add a spoonful to your next smoothie for a little green tea power. Looks like you’ve got some seriously tasty experimenting to do.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ll start by saying that I’ve never enjoyed matcha and wasn’t ever really planning on giving it another chance. And even in this case I’m not yet willing to try it by its self, even as a latte. HOWEVER, I can’t say no to mango so I picked some of this up to throw in smoothies and while I’m not at the point of adding enough to really taste it, it doesn’t ruin the flavour and it adds an awesome caffeine kick to a morning smoothie. I’m even contemplating trying it by its self (though I might have to pick up some more to do so; it’s going pretty fast).

Long story short, if you really hate matcha, this seems to be a good way to introduce yourself to it, if your determined.

Stopped at DAVIDsTEA on the way home, after work, yesterday. I was hoping to get one of the samples of Peanut Butter Cup that they were giving away but I was a little too late and my store had run out; despite that I still ended up grabbing 10g of Midsummer Night’s Dream – a blend I used to love and wanted to revisit, and a free 50g of Ceremonial Matcha as well as this tea, as an iced latte!

To be perfectly honest, I really hated the last DT flavoured matcha that I tried and I hadn’t intended to try another one but when I saw that the ingredients for this blend didn’t include coconut sugar but instead used cane sugar I figured I would give this a chance to see if it was any better. Of course, since I had it in store I can’t really say too much about the dry leaf – one of my biggest problems with the mint matcha was how incredibly clumpy the dry leaf was and I don’t really know if that’s an issue with this tea. For what it’s worth, it did stay relatively suspended in my iced latte and at the bottom I wasn’t met with a whole bunch of matcha which had sunk back down. I mean, that could be because a lot of this tea isn’t ‘matcha’ but the sugar acting as a filler but that’s a whole ’nother thing…

One thing about matcha in milk is of course it always kind of mutes the flavour of the matcha and I definitely was surprised how mild the mango tasted in comparison to everything else, and while I do believe that was partially because of the milk I also watched the barista include four perfect teaspoons of matcha which is so much more than I ever would have myself so you can’t entirely blame the milk for the mild mango flavour.

That in mind, I really enjoyed the flavour of the matcha – it was very creamy with pronounced marine notes like seaweed and a kind of ‘ocean’ freshness as well as a bit of a grassy or ‘hay’ flavour. Really delicious; and a huge step up from the Mint Matcha. I also just have to note how pretty this latte looked; it was this really lovely pastel green kind of colour and just really aesthetically breathtaking.

Overall; I’m still not jumping on the DT ‘flavored matcha’ bandwagon but I do think this is an improvement (though I’d be happier if DT stopped presweetening my teas for me) on their first batch of matchas which used that coconut sugar.

Dry leaf: Very ripe mango with a slight vegetal note.

Liqueur: Opaque emerald green.

165 °F / 73 °C 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML