Spiced Apple

Herbal Tea
Apple Pieces, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Chicory, Cinnamon, Cloves, Figs, Star Anise Bits
Cinnamon, Apple, Spices, Anise, Cardamon, Fig, Clove, Ginger, Spicy, Brown Sugar
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

The apple of our eye

What does comfort mean to you? It might be a favourite sweater, an old family recipe or a perfect cup of tea. For us, it’s all about capturing warm and cozy flavours – like this sweet and spicy blend of apple, figs and chai spices. Laced with cinnamon and star anise, it brings back memories of apple picking, piping hot cider and fresh-from-the-oven pies. Basically, it’s like a hug in a cup. And whether you pair it with a good book or some great company, we guarantee it’s as comforting as it gets.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wintry, weakly-flavored, cinnamon spice but not too much apple.

Flavors: Cinnamon

This one was a miss for me. It’s basically a cinnamon-flavored tisane with hints of clove and apple. Considering how many chunks of dried apple were in the blend, I was hoping for more apple flavor.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Day 21 of the 2016 advent calendar! I am a huge fan of apples with warm spices so I am very excited to try this tea. In my sampler I actually got a BIG piece of dried apple which is a nice bonus. As for the smell, it is very heavy on the spices as you might expect, with the dominant notes being cinnamon and clove. It’s very Christmas-y so that’s nice at least.

The steeped aroma is basically the same as the dry leaf, but a bit more mellow. The color itself looks like apple juice too funnily enough. The taste is a lot less spice-heavy than I was thinking it would be, in fact the flavor is almost underwhelming. To be honest the taste of the clove is… the highlight that I’m getting. I am disappointed that there isn’t much apple going on in this tea, but there are many alternatives so I’m not THAT disappointed.

Overall, this tea is… a miss for me. Despite having lots of apple in my sample it just got drowned out by spices rather than highlighted by them. I’ll just stick with some of David’s other and better apple teas I think.

Got this from the ‘christmas treats’ sampler. I didn’t think I’d like it but brewed it anyway just so I could say I gave it a fair chance, but much to my surprise I liked it. I didn’t love it, and I probably won’t be buying it, but it was ok. It does smell just like the Green Apple Jolly Rancher candy, but doesn’t taste as strong.

Disclaimer: I’m far from a tea connaisseur/enthusiast. My notes are not meant to be a review for the tea community, but rather for myself so I know what to buy or not buy again (I wish there was a way to keep notes private).

First brew tasted way too strongly of cinnamon. Second with some maple syrup was better.

I started an account on Steepster simply to say that this tea smells exactly like Fireball Whiskey. The taste is a bit less Firebally but the comparison still applies. I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing.

Flavors: Cinnamon

This is an alright apple tea. It’s very spicy tasting of course. Not my favourite apple tea but this is still good and great for the Fall season. Only downside is how bulky it is, and its tendency to be waay too strong if oversteeped.

Flavors: Apple, Spices

Pretty good! In fall I like brewing my own shortcut apple cider, with juice and spices. The problem is that the sugar content from juice adds up pretty quick. So I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this tea and got a very nice similar flavor from it. Like mild watered down (but calorie free!) apple cider. I quickly returned to buy more. Since its a fruity herbal tea, it always takes a lot more to make each cup and so its not as good value for money, and it also takes a lot more time to steep to get the flavors out of the fruit pieces – so its not something I make when Im in a hurry but the end result is quite nice nevertheless.

Boiling 8 min or more

I have realized that you cannot measure Davidstea mixes with the huge pieces of fruits or spices like you would tea. Instead I try to make sure I have a good mixture of the different components, by eye.
The first steeping was 5 minutes and had a wonderful spiced flavor, the apple was the third flavor. But it was very tasty. The second steeping retained the spices flavor but the apple and fig became much weaker. I think that both steepings are recommended.

Flavors: Anise, Apple, Cardamon, Fig

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I made this as a tea pop and when I started drinking it I had a hard time wrapping my head around what it reminded me of. I was thinking anise/licorice soda and for the life of me I couldn’t place it but it seemed so familiar. Finally it clicked…this tastes exactly like ouzo. It’s honestly very strange because something that is called Spiced Apple should not taste like ouzo. Also, I am not sure why adding carbonation helped bring out this flavor because when I had it hot I got anise/licorice as well but it was less palatable than it is now. Weird, indeed.