Nepal Green

Freshly Cut Grass, Grass
Medium
Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Tasty! Not my fave ever green tea, but pretty decent overall. A bit fruity(peach/apricot?), which I like, and a bit vegetal which is also nice. I think what bothers me just a smidge here is that I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve been away in Ottawa for my sister in laws wedding for a week- lots to catch up on here in steepster! When I was away I got an email about more “freshly plucked” teas and I knew I had to pick...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day #15 of tea! Again, I’m keeping my original rating on this one, which, for me, for a plain green is high. I normally like my greens with some flavour to them, but again, I appreciate the taste...” Read full tasting note
  • “1.5 tso for 300mL water @80C, steeped 2 minutes 30 seconds. The packet suggests a 3-4 minute steep, which seems a bit long for a green to me, so I’m trying it my way first. Dry leaf: sweet and...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Mountain magic

Nestled high up in the Himalayan foothills lies a little organic tea garden named Jun Chiyabari. Known for their sustainable, organic farming practices, they also offer support to the local community, with a special emphasis on women’s empowerment. In fact, over 80% of their employees are women, from the tea field to the supervisors. And they also happen to make some seriously amazing tea. With warm days and cool mountain nights, the tea leaves grow slower, allowing their tea oils more time to develop for richer, more complex teas. Hand-plucked and sorted, this late-summer harvest green tea has a clean, ethereal taste, with notes of the forest, sweet grasses and muscat grape. Rushed to our shelves as soon as it’s ready, it’s one limited edition treasure that’s worth rushing for.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Tasty!
Not my fave ever green tea, but pretty decent overall. A bit fruity(peach/apricot?), which I like, and a bit vegetal which is also nice. I think what bothers me just a smidge here is that I prefer things more to the extreme if it isn’t a matter of delicate/complex flavours which this tea is not. So it’d be better for me if this had more fruitiness or more vegetal/grassiness. But the middleground here just sits in a strange kindof place for me. My palate feels a bit confused, and doesn’t know what to make of it.
I have one more cup to experiment with, so hopefully that will clear up my vague feelings on this tea!

Kristal

I hear you. I like this tea as well, but there is no distinct flavor (like the butteriness of gyokuro, etc) so I’m neither here nor there with this tea.

Indigobloom

Good to know I’m not alone! I might try pairing it with a wine or something. Maybe make it into a spritzer

I’ve been away in Ottawa for my sister in laws wedding for a week- lots to catch up on here in steepster! When I was away I got an email about more “freshly plucked” teas and I knew I had to pick some of this up. I did today, and my local DAVIDs was on its last bag so I’m glad I got there in the nick of time. I felt no guilt about picking up another green tea because I’ve used up 3 teas in the past week, so I’m doing good ;)

I steeped approx 1.25-1.5 tsp of this tea for 2.5 min in 175 degree water. The recommended 3-4 min seemed a little strong, and I’m glad I pulled it out when I did because I believe it would have been bitter after that. The taste is grassy, smooth and fresh- very nice pick up up after the first night back in my own bed. Lovely, and again, no regrets with buying this one ;).

Flavors: Freshly Cut Grass, Grass

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Day #15 of tea!

Again, I’m keeping my original rating on this one, which, for me, for a plain green is high. I normally like my greens with some flavour to them, but again, I appreciate the taste on this one because it’s slightly different than a regular Japanese green.

Kristal

I liked this one :). Just managed to grab some in October right before they sold out!

raven22

I have a little bit left, as well… Going to be rationing it, LOL

1.5 tso for 300mL water @80C, steeped 2 minutes 30 seconds.

Dry leaf: sweet and grassy and a tiny bit floral.

Wet leaf: vegetal and a bit briny — that scallops note I dislike so much in some green teas — to my surprise.

Liquor is gold with some subtle down and gives a strong door of scallops and butter. I don’t like seafood in my tea, so I’m a bit disappointed. Nowhere on the write-up does it say ‘vegetal’,’ a word which usually signals that scallops thing and warns me away.

Tastes of scallops and brine with butter and a slightly sweet finish. I am detecting no muscat at all.

Not for me.

Dry leaf: Hints of dried apricots, fresh foliage and clean earth.

Liqueur: Pale yellow-green. Smells like misty, mountain air and wildflowers.

Flavour: Clean and vibrant flavor of apricot with a hint of muscatel. Lightly vegetal, crisp linger.

Plunkybug

Oooh, another one I need to try.