ME to WE

Herbal Tea
Apple, Cornflower Petals, Cranberry, Figs, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Pink Peppercorn
Cherry, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Fig, Cranberry, Apple, Sweet, Bitter, Artificial, Nutty, Tart
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by apieceofquiche
180 °F / 82 °C 6 min, 30 sec 71 oz / 2087 ml

• “First impressions of this when I tried this in the store was Tastier, Juicier Red Kool-Aid. I automatically wanted to pick some up, and it’s an even better feeling knowing that proceeds go to...” Read full tasting note
  • “In the past I have tried this twice, both as a hot brew. It was recommended that I try it iced as well or even popped. In my typical manner I brewed a large pitcher for everyone in the house to...” Read full tasting note
  • “A nice, full-bodied fruity tea. I find that the tea can take on a strange aftertaste when steeped too long, likely due to the peppercorns. I don’t taste too much hibiscus, but the figs throw me...” Read full tasting note
  • “This was one of the first teas I bought in a tin at davidstea. Sipdown this tea is really close to a box of fruit punch. Tastes amazing with sweetener, kind of fell out of love when I stopped...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

We could not be more excited to partner with ME to WE, the global movement empowering people to change the world with their everyday consumer choices. We worked together to create this tea, a fruity and refreshing, all-natural blend of pineapple, hibiscus and cranberries. Not only is it totally delicious, this tea also gives back to a developing community in Kenya. Each 50 g purchase gives one month of clean water to a Kenyan child in need. Now that’s a reason to raise your glass!

Ingredients: Apple, pineapple (pineapple, cane sugar, citric acid, sulfites), hibiscus, fig, pink peppercorns, cranberry, cornflower, stevia extract, natural raspberry, cherry and passion fruit flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

First impressions of this when I tried this in the store was Tastier, Juicier Red Kool-Aid. I automatically wanted to pick some up, and it’s an even better feeling knowing that proceeds go to charity.

I’ve had this a few times iced at home now and my initial major delight is waning. It does taste like cherries and cranberries mostly, then raspberry in the background. Like I’ve been finding with a few of their fruit blends lately, the flavouring they add to it usually ends up overpowering the actual fruit in here. The first couple times I had this, I couldn’t detect any stevia, but it seems like as I get closer to the bottom of my time, my glasses are getting sweeter and sweater, although it doesn’t have that overpowering, obvious stevia note that other blends have. Not yet, at least.

This strongly reminds me of another fruit blend I had from Bayswater. Maybe their Juicy Cherry? That reminds me of how I’d love to make an order but they make the process so annoying.

In the past I have tried this twice, both as a hot brew. It was recommended that I try it iced as well or even popped. In my typical manner I brewed a large pitcher for everyone in the house to enjoy. Unfortunately, they were not overly receptive to this iced.

Dried the leaf mix smells like cherries mixed with fruit punch (my son claims it smells like his fruit bowls). It produces a lovely plum coloured liquid with a fruity aroma. I find this tastes like fruit punch, which surprised me that the kids did not like it.

While I am not overly sold on the iced form of this tea, it will not stop me from making an individual tumbler of it for myself. I do though, love it hot. I will continue to keep it stocked in my cupboard as long as DavidsTea sells it. The fact that it is also helping others, is an added bonus!

Flavors: Cherry, Fruit Punch, Fruity

Iced 7 min, 0 sec

A nice, full-bodied fruity tea. I find that the tea can take on a strange aftertaste when steeped too long, likely due to the peppercorns. I don’t taste too much hibiscus, but the figs throw me off. It tastes like watered-down cherry cough syrup.

Flavors: Cherry, Fig

This was one of the first teas I bought in a tin at davidstea. Sipdown this tea is really close to a box of fruit punch. Tastes amazing with sweetener, kind of fell out of love when I stopped adding sweetener to all my teas :(. Still a great tea, defs recommend.

As it has sulphites in it, I am unable to drink this tea.

My first cup for this in 9 months! Having it iced and it is absolutely amazing! I am in love. I read somewhere to stay away from hibiscus while pregnant so this one was one that sat around and waited… well, it was worth the wait! haha
Our second baby boy joined our family Monday evening after only 2 hours of labour. He is absolutely perfect and beautiful.

But I must say, I’m very glad to no longer be pregnant and that I get to enjoy things again… This tea being one of them! My glass of iced tea didn’t last. It’s so yummy. Delicious!

Evol Ving Ness

Congratulations!

mrmopar

Cograts on the new addition to the family!

TheKesser

Thanks everyone!

This tea is my absolute favourite iced tea and has been for quite some time. I first tried this tea when it was the TOTD during the summer and fell in love. It smells sweet, almost like fruit juice and tastes like juice or kool-aid without all of the sugar. I get hints of cranberry and cherry. I also love this tea because the profits go to charity which makes me feel better about buying it. I’ve since picked up a 100 g tin and then another 100 g when that ran out. This tea is definitely a staple in my collection and I will for sure repurchase when I run out. It is just so tasty and refreshing.

Flavors: Cherry, Cranberry, Fruity

Iced 8 min or more

It’s World Water Month, and to keep in line with the importance of that DT is featuring ME to WE as August’s TOTM rather than releasing a new tea for the month…

So, I’ve been drinking a lot of this one since August 1st – partially just because we’re sampling it every day but also because I want to get super familiar with the flavour of it so that I can do it as much justice as humanly possible when talking about the tea with customers. Usually my ‘go to’ line to sort of concisely sum up the flavour is that it’s like a cherry fruit punch and while I still stand by that overall summary I’m finding that today as I drink this one iced I’m actually picking up on the slight tickle of peppercorn in the back of my throat. That’s a first for me!

It’s interesting – sometimes you try a tea over and over and you don’t continue to get anything new from it. However, sometimes the flavour surprises you, and you wind up with new flavour notes or shifting balances of flavour.

I kind of love tea because of that. So, continued sampling of this tea actually turned out to be worthwhile this time around since now there’s something new I can tell people I’ve experience personally from the flavour.

Helena

Always nice to get new depth in a tea.

I was really excited about this one because of how it looks and smells. My first surprise was that this tea brews very red. My initial reaction to the taste was that this tea is exactly like Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger tea. Surprisingly, there is no raspberry in this tea so maybe it is apple I am tasting? husband says it smells like red kool-aid. I would like to try this tea iced but think ultimately this one rates as nothing special, just ok. 9/5 – I tried as iced and it is better, but I agree with husband, much like kool-aid.

Flavors: Apple

Sipdown (96)

This is like fruit punch…with stevia. Darn stevia creeping in and ruining all the things.

Alchemist's Fire

It reminded my boyfriend of Kool Aid fruit punch squeez’ems xDD

Fjellrev

They just had to put the stevia in there, didn’t they.

Plunkybug

I’m really ticked that they are using stevia in so many new blends.