ME to WE Kenya

Herbal Tea
Apple, Cornflower Petals, Cranberry, Figs, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Pink Peppercorn
Cherry, Fruit Punch, Grapes, Strawberry, Fruity, Fig, Cranberry, Apple, Sweet, Bitter, Artificial, Nutty, Tart
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

We could not be more excited to partner with ME to WE, the global movement empowering people to change the world with their everyday consumer choices. We worked together to create this tea, a fruity and refreshing, all-natural blend of pineapple, hibiscus and cranberries. Not only is it totally delicious, this tea also gives back to a developing community in Kenya. Each 50 g purchase gives one month of clean water to a Kenyan child in need. Now that’s a reason to raise your glass!

Ingredients: Apple, pineapple (pineapple, cane sugar, citric acid), hibiscus, fig, pink peppercorns, cranberry, cornflower, stevia extract, natural raspberry, cherry and passion fruit flavouring.

(PRIOR TO MARCH 2018 THIS BLEND CONTAINED SULPHITES)

About DAVIDsTEA View company

In store sample

The cherry part of the red herbals was right there in centre of flavourland. But it is not cherry like real cherry, but rather cherry like in cheap Halloween candy. I’ll take hibiscus over this any day.

Well, I tried to fix the picture but couldn’t get it to take. Oddly enough, there are images further down the page that seem to show up just fine.

This smells and tastes a lot like the Caribbean Crush of yesterday, but more. More color (a deep, dark red) and more flavor (described below). It may be that the hibiscus is stronger and that’s pushing a synergistic effect with all the other flavors.

This one also reminds me a lot of the late, great Teavana offering, Caribbean Breeze — a bit of a black cherry flavor, but sweeter than my notes show for Caribbean Breeze and less tart. It also has the strawberry leaning flavor I described in Caribbean Breeze.

It’s reminiscent of Tazo Passion as well, but it has a more robust flavor that I think comes mostly from not being in a teabag.

The aroma is fruit punch-like after steeping. In the packet, it’s pretty eyewateringly strong unsweetened black cherry.

This gets the same rating as Caribbean Breeze as a thank you for being a nice stand in for one of my old faves.

Flavors: Cherry, Fruit Punch, Grapes, Strawberry

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML
eastkyteaguy

Just took care of the picture for ya.

Lexie Aleah

guess I was a bit slow lol.

__Morgana__

Thanks! Wonder what I was doing wrong.

This tastes like fruit punch. I love the incentive to give, but I think I’d rather donate directly. Shrug. If this weren’t a donation tea, it’s wayy overpriced, but most things in DT seem that way nowadays

Love this tea. It’s got such a wonderful, juicy flavor and today – a great banana-ish flavor as well (for some reason).

Definitely best when allowed to steep for a ridiculously long time or on its first steep. Yum!

First impressions of this when I tried this in the store was Tastier, Juicier Red Kool-Aid. I automatically wanted to pick some up, and it’s an even better feeling knowing that proceeds go to charity.

I’ve had this a few times iced at home now and my initial major delight is waning. It does taste like cherries and cranberries mostly, then raspberry in the background. Like I’ve been finding with a few of their fruit blends lately, the flavouring they add to it usually ends up overpowering the actual fruit in here. The first couple times I had this, I couldn’t detect any stevia, but it seems like as I get closer to the bottom of my time, my glasses are getting sweeter and sweater, although it doesn’t have that overpowering, obvious stevia note that other blends have. Not yet, at least.

This strongly reminds me of another fruit blend I had from Bayswater. Maybe their Juicy Cherry? That reminds me of how I’d love to make an order but they make the process so annoying.

In the past I have tried this twice, both as a hot brew. It was recommended that I try it iced as well or even popped. In my typical manner I brewed a large pitcher for everyone in the house to enjoy. Unfortunately, they were not overly receptive to this iced.

Dried the leaf mix smells like cherries mixed with fruit punch (my son claims it smells like his fruit bowls). It produces a lovely plum coloured liquid with a fruity aroma. I find this tastes like fruit punch, which surprised me that the kids did not like it.

While I am not overly sold on the iced form of this tea, it will not stop me from making an individual tumbler of it for myself. I do though, love it hot. I will continue to keep it stocked in my cupboard as long as DavidsTea sells it. The fact that it is also helping others, is an added bonus!

Flavors: Cherry, Fruit Punch, Fruity

Iced 7 min, 0 sec

A nice, full-bodied fruity tea. I find that the tea can take on a strange aftertaste when steeped too long, likely due to the peppercorns. I don’t taste too much hibiscus, but the figs throw me off. It tastes like watered-down cherry cough syrup.

Flavors: Cherry, Fig

This was one of the first teas I bought in a tin at davidstea. Sipdown this tea is really close to a box of fruit punch. Tastes amazing with sweetener, kind of fell out of love when I stopped adding sweetener to all my teas :(. Still a great tea, defs recommend.

As it has sulphites in it, I am unable to drink this tea.

My first cup for this in 9 months! Having it iced and it is absolutely amazing! I am in love. I read somewhere to stay away from hibiscus while pregnant so this one was one that sat around and waited… well, it was worth the wait! haha
Our second baby boy joined our family Monday evening after only 2 hours of labour. He is absolutely perfect and beautiful.

But I must say, I’m very glad to no longer be pregnant and that I get to enjoy things again… This tea being one of them! My glass of iced tea didn’t last. It’s so yummy. Delicious!

Evol Ving Ness

Congratulations!

mrmopar

Cograts on the new addition to the family!

ohfancythat