Maracuja Mango

Mango, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Tropical, Fruity, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Looking to add a little passion to your sipping? Maracuja’s the word. Known as passion fruit in Portuguese, this mineral-rich fruit is treasured in South America for its sharp tang and irresistible sweetness. It’s so good, we just had to get in on the action. So we created this thirst-quenching blend of sweet black tea and ripe mango, with a big splash of exotic maracuja. If this delicious tropical delight doesn’t fill you with passion, we don’t know what will.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Honestly, this is a basic “mango and black tea” kind of tea. It’s good … it’s just not anything special enough to warrant a repurchase.

Finishing this tea from tea-sipper today. It tastes so strongly of sweet mango. I really, really like it.

tea-sipper

Glad you liked this one!

Thanks for the sale, M Mack! I’ve had this a few times and each time I have it, it seems I like it less and less. I’m not sure if it’s the blackberry leaves or splenda. And it probably isn’t getting any better with age with either of these ingredients. The first time I had it, maybe I didn’t even realize that there were blackberry leaves which I never seem to like in a tea. Are the blackberry leaves supposed to make it taste like mango? It doesn’t. And the black tea isn’t flavorful enough for me. It’s such a light brew. Maybe I shouldn’t have used water so hot that it made the blackberry leaves funny. By the end of the mug, I’m a bit nauseated.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons // just boiled // 3 minute steep

In store sample

Just ok. Not a memorable experience.

This tea is great iced, but I actually prefer it hot. It’s a really smooth and fruity black tea. Not bitter or sweet, just right. The mango and passionfruit flavor is really a nice combination for every season.

Flavors: Mango, Passion Fruits, Pineapple

I first tried this tea last summer when it came out as the Tea of The Month. I’ve been a big fan ever since. I frequently use my free 50 g tea redemptions to redeem for this tea. To me, there’s a strong mango and tropical flavour while still being able to taste the black tea base. It is very refreshing in the summer and I love to drink it iced. I will definitely be picking more of this one up in the future.

Flavors: Mango, Tropical

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve been camping out at home because of this crazy weather we’re having, so I’m really digging into my stash. I had a lone bag of Maracuja Mango. It’s one of the best tropical black teas I’ve had. There’s such a great combination of flavors – passion fruit, mango and pineapple. Sweet, fruity, refreshing…I’ll definitely need to restock for the summer.

Wow, this tea is AMAZING! It’s everything I could ever ask in an iced fruity drink- sweet mango goodness.

Not bad, but definitely not the best! Very very light for people who don’t like heavy teas!

Flavors: Fruity

Hmm, maracuja, you say? I’m a passion fruit whore, as in, I’ll eat an entire passion fruit straight and wish I had a dozen more. I’d hook it to my veins. Hell, I’d go on a passion fruit mono diet if they weren’t so expensive.

The dry leaf does smell tropical, a touch of artificial, generic tropical fruit mixed in with dried, sugar-coated mango. But no passion fruit. I’ve eaten enough of those suckers in my life to know it when I smell or taste it.

But this was still good. I had it hot without any additives, and it was sweetened dried mango more than anything else. The base didn’t get too astringent. Would I have it again? Nah, but it was worth the experience.

Still forever pining for a realistic passion fruit tea, or a passion fruit note in a tea, though.

Helena

I can never get enough mango myself. I love that fruit but can’t always get my hands on it. I don’t need the extra sugar though.

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, nothing like a ripe, juicy mango too. Those darn, delicious, sugary tropical fruits.