Vanilla Bergamot

White Tea
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Bergamot, Rose Petals, Toasted Almond, Vanilla, White Chocolate, White Tea
Bergamot, Citrus, Creamy, Smooth, Vanilla, Cream, Floral, Earl Grey, White Chocolate, Apple, Citrusy
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

Looking for an excuse to break out that porcelain tea set your mom gave you? Now’s the perfect time. This luxurious white tea blend is enough to make anyone feel like an empress. Especially since it comes laced with white chocolate and rose petals. Our favourite part? The fresh burst of bergamot orange, a fruit known for its calming properties. Delicate, creamy and delightfully citrusy, this elegant tea is like Earl Grey’s classy aunt. Pinkies up, ladies!

Ingredients: White tea, apple, white chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, sunflower lecithin), rose petals, vanilla, bergamot peel, artificial cream, vanilla and bergamot flavouring.

Price: $9.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought a skinny tin and a tea door of this one at the summer SAS and just now got around to trying it. I’m sad I didn’t try this one earlier as I really like it. This tea has a nice smooth creamy vanilla flavour with a nice hint of citrus. It’s a light flavour. The leaves smell divine both dry and while steeping. If this comes back, I would definitely consider purchasing more. In the meantime, I will enjoy the 50 ish grams I have.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Creamy, Smooth, Vanilla

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I might be crazy, but I taste a citrusy-licorice blend. Tried it as a latte. I finished about half the cup before I gave up. Unfortunately, I am not feeling the love for this one.

This is good but I wish it had more flavor. I don’t really taste the white chocolate. But it’s a nice light tea.

Like another reviewer said, this tastes like a vanilla Earl Grey. However, I found the flavours surprisingly weak as compared to my other Earl Grey teas at home. Whenever I take a sip, I have to hold it in my mouth for a while before I can appreciate the hints of sugar OR bergamot. I like this tea well enough, but I’m hoping that in the future I might possibly grow to love it.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Vanilla

Vanilla Bergamot is an intriguing tea. A few years back Davids tea did another white earl grey inspired tea – "The earl of lemon’, which is one of my all time favourites. So i was hopeful that this tea would be delicious as well. While this tea is not quite as delicious, it is a really wonderful tea.

It is a very strong smelling tea, immediately when you open it there is a potent sweet floral scent. The flavor brews to be very similar to the smell of it dry. Strongly floral, and overly sweet.

I feel as though by vanilla, they actual meant sugar. On the palate though, it is not overwhelming sweet. And on a second steep, the sweetness is nice. I would enjoy this tea significantly more if they ditched the apple, and reduced the sweetness a little.

This is a rare tea that is floral without being overpoweringly so.

Flavors: Bergamot, Floral, Vanilla

This is my new, absolute favorite tea!! I love it so much that I had to go and stock up on as much as I possibly could. To me, it tastes like a vanilla earl grey tea. I usually make it with a splash of cream or milk and it is sooooo good!!! I am in love …. so sad it is leaving.

Flavors: Citrus, Earl Grey, Smooth, Vanilla

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp

I was a little apprehensive about this tea because of the rose petals, and that I find David’s bergamot a little overpowering. But, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the apple and vanilla made this a much milder tea that was bordering sweet and creamy. I’m not sure I detected the white chocolate at all, but perhaps that added to the sweet creaminess. I like this tea, but am not head over heels for it. I will not pine over it when it is gone like I have with many others before it. I am glad I tried a few cups of it.

I bought this tea for my friends baby shower yesterday, and since it was too hot that no one had tea, hooray, I got to keep it! I tried a Tea-to-go of it last week at the store, and another cup this morning, and I must say, I really like this! It’s a lighter take on EG, but has definite cream of EG notes from the vanilla. Not sure where the white chocolate comes into play, maybe just in the overall creaminess? And I LOVE that it’s a white tea, as I am always on the lookout for lower caffeine teas of my favorites, so this is a nice change that doesn’t wire me up!

Overall, happy I got a bag of this (50g, I don’t usually get that much, but it was for a baby shower lol), and I will gladly drink this throughout the summer as a lighter alternative to regular Cream of EG. Yum!

Also, small life update on me – yes, I’m not on Steepster much anymore, life is taking over as usual, what with my garden starting up after a very late spring, my engagement (!!) in March, studying for a big exam to further my career, and just my work in general, as well as various other fun factors (my friends wedding this past fall, her upcoming baby, family visits, etc). Hoping to get drinking more teas this summer as I start cutting out more sugar from my diet to get in shape for the wedding next summer haha. And I do miss my tea, and the time I used to have to make it all the time!

Congrats on everything and all that fun!

@tea-sipper – Thank you! Yes life is exciting and fun and a bit stressful at times, tea is very much required most of this year to help provide some stability I think! :D

Congrats :)

Thanks @mrmopar and @CrowKettle!! :)

I don’t know what I expected.

Flavors: Bergamot, Vanilla

4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

I found the bergamot very mild in this one…

Really? Maybe I’ll take a second look (taste?) of it later today. It was bergamot overload for me!

I steeped mine for 3 minutes at 90 degrees though, maybe that helps?

After my less-than-pleasant experience with Sweet Almond Green earlier today, this tea was a lovely break for my senses. It brews up fairly dark which I really wasn’t expecting from a white tea. The main flavours I’m picking up are strong notes of bergamot with the smoothness of vanilla, and a lingering sweetness from the white chocolate. Extremely pleasant and easy-to-drink!

Flavors: Bergamot, Smooth, Vanilla, White Chocolate