Rosé All Day

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Black Currant, Blue Mallow Flowers, Blueberry, Elderberries, Hibiscus, Red Currant
Red Wine, White Wine, Sweet, Rose, Grapes, Red Fruits, Apple, Black Currant, Cranberry, Fruit Tree Flowers, Fruity, Hibiscus, Tart, White Grapes, Dried Fruit, Alcohol
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

To us, summer can only mean one thing: rosé in the sunshine. Sipping chilled wine on a picnic blanket? Bliss. This blush pink tisane lets you get your fix all day long. It’s a refreshingly fruity blend of apple, hibiscus, elderberries and currants, with a delicate sprinkling of blue mallow flower. And like its namesake vino, it’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart for all those golden, sunny afternoons. Cheers!

Ingredients: Apple, sultanas, hibiscus, elderberries, red currants, blue mallow flower, blueberries, black currants, artificial wine flavouring.

Price: $7.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My husband tossed me something while I was making this. In my effort to catch it, I knocked over my gravity steeper. Boom. Two servings of ingredients all over the ground. THE TEA. IT’S DISCONTINUED. GODDAMN.

I freaked out. But it’s okay now. I made another two servings and put them over ice.

My friends sniffed the package and all agreed that the smell of wine was spot-on. And so is, I can now confirm, the taste.

This tea tastes JUST. LIKE. WINE. It’s kind of crazy how accurate it is. The berries or whatever that are in here taste like the bite of red wine, and there’s a sweetness contributed by apple that tastes like white.

I like this. It’s a little bit sickly sweet, but that’s, to be fair, accurate to wine. I wouldn’t pick this out as a thirst-quencher, but it is a very nice moment to have.

It’s better in your mouth than on the floor, that’s for sure.

Flavors: Red Wine, White Wine

Kittenna

I don’t like wine, but for some reason, I like this tea, which definitely tastes like wine!

I don’t think that this cup of tea is as good as the sample I had earlier, but it definitely tastes like a grapey wine!

gmathis

Ooh—I love grapey teas!

Super Starling!

Agreed — this nails the wine thing!

Teapop Sipdown (376)

I drank this hours ago and can’t remember that much about it so that’s bad but I guess also good because nothing bad stands out.

Arby

Oh, I miss this blend. I’m hoping to see it back some day. If DT brings back Rose all day and Rainbow sherbet I would be satisfied for my summer iced tea brewing.

VariaTEA

I have a lot of Rainbow Sherbet because I enjoy it and then forget about it.

Sipped on this again today after making a large iced pitcher. I have to hide it from oldest though because she enjoys it far to much.

Flavors: Red Wine, Rose, Sweet, White Wine

Iced 7 min, 0 sec

I love a good rosé. This tea was pretty true to name in taste – fruity, a bit sweet, with a biting edge. Definitely better steeped for shorter amounts of time.

First note I tasted was wine, its really delicious. Not a regular price purchase, more like a collectors set or clearance purchase.

Flavors: Red Wine, White Wine

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 9 OZ / 266 ML

After last summer’s scarring experience with Sangria, I expected wine-flavoured teas to be completely off the table for me this year but unsurprisingly, I still ended up taking some of this home with me last time I visited DAVIDsTEA. The smell of this one was initially very off-putting – it smells very, very alcoholic. However, when brewed, most of the alcohol notes I smelled are no longer present, and I taste mostly raisins and red fruit. It’s a pleasant iced tea, but definitely not something that’s my personal taste, I don’t find grape tea very appealing. Overall, this is a nice herbal blend for lovers of grape-flavoured tea, the hibiscus and alcohol notes are not predominant, and there’s an interesting sparkle to the flavour to give it a bit of complexity.

Flavors: Grapes, Red Fruits, Red Wine

Iced 6 min, 0 sec

Day 2 of the home made advent tea calender: Fruity herbals

I’ve reviewed this one several times so I don’t have anything to write, but I feel the need to follow everyone else’s teas this month so maybe someone is interested to know which ones I’m drinking. :P

Flavors: Cranberry, Dried Fruit, Red Fruits, Red Wine, Sweet, Tart

Cameron B.

I’m interested! ❤

tea-sipper

YES, this will be the month I’m following Steepster more closely for all the advent surprises. :D

Nattie

Me too! I’m trying to read all of the notes on my dashboard right now and it’s pretty difficult but I’m trying, lol.

I was really looking forward to this one, because it looks so pretty, and it smells amazing! It smells just like the wine… But when I tried it it didn’t taste the same unfortunately, and for some odd reason seems to have an aftertaste that reminds me of the Sangria tea from last year. Which I didn’t like at all. So while this tea is drinkable it doesn’t taste as good as it smells. I tried steeping it for different times as well, but I still get that same aftertaste. I’m not sure what it is. So overall this tea is okay.

Flavors: Alcohol, Red Wine

New teas!!!

Come on, everyone knew it was coming – DAVIDsTEA has always featured a cocktail collection over the last few summers, and usually it’s a hit! I know that personally I’ve found many really great teas through the cocktail collection. Sadly, the two I most wanted to return weren’t back this year (Pineapple Mimosa and Mint Julep) but there’s always next year…

Of the four new teas this year this is the one that our staff, myself included, were most excited for. For once, the one I was looking forward to turns out to also be the one that I like the most! So, that’s kind of nice. Like all the teas from this collection, I made this one iced when I tried it out so here are my thoughts!

- A little initial tartness; you can tell there is hibiscus in this
- It’s got a strong grape flavour that separates it from the typical hibiscus heavy iced tea
- I think it tastes like Welch’s grape juice (which is a plus)
- And the rest of our staff seems to agree on that
- I’m not a big wine person myself but, to me at least, the dry leaf smells like wine
- Hints of currant in the finish and aftertaste
- VERY full bodied, strong and robust flavour overall
- Maybe a hint of something floral, too?

It was just REALLY good. I look forward to tweaking this a little bit next time I make it; I have a feeling that either a shorter steep time or a little less leaf would balance the hibiscus a bit more, and bring more focus to the unique grape in the blend.

Also, just kudos overall to DT for avoiding both cane sugar and stevia for the WHOLE collection! I know there are going to be many people out there grateful for that.

Arby

And, all of the teas are vegan from what I can see. I’m pretty excited!

Roswell Strange

I had to double check, but yes all of them are vegan! However, fair warning that Mudslide is processed in a facility that deals with milk products and could contain traces of milk. They’ve got milk in the allergy warning just in case, but it’s not in the blend itself.

Arby

Yeah, I’m not too worried about trace/contamination. Since going vegan, I just avoid dairy in any new teas I buy when it’s added as an ingredient (usually labelled as added lactose, whey, sprinkles, white chocolate, or milk chocolate). I’m going to finish up what I’ve already purchased or gift/trade it away. It’s really nice to see teas mostly devoid of common allergens (no added nut/milk/egg/nitrate ingredients) AND with no added sugar. I plan to purchase all but the apple one because I need a new new herbals.

LaCherie

I might try this one. It’s intriguing and I love Welch’s grape juice. Every year, I hope that they will bring back Mint Julep. Oh well! I will probably mourn it for the rest of my life, like I’m still mourning Cookie Dough.