Grapefruit Squeeze

Herbal Tea
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Blackberry Leaves, Hibiscus, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass, Roasted Chicory Root, Rose Petals
Bitter, Citrusy, Grapefruit
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
Iced 3 min, 0 sec

From DAVIDsTEA

When the grapefruit was first discovered in the 1700s, it was known as the “forbidden fruit.” And today it’s enjoyed around the world in jams, juices and even straight up with a sprinkle of sugar. So why does everyone love grapefruit so much? Easy. It’s sweet, fruity and deliciously tangy all at the same time. And with citrus, rosehips and hibiscus, this juicy pink tea is a celebration of this fun and tasty fruit. Really want to start your day off right? Brew it extra strong and mix with some Prosecco for a refreshing grapefruit mimosa.

Ingredients: Apple pomace (pomace, citric acid), lemongrass, rosehip shel l, sweet blackberry leaves, roasted chicory root, lemon peel, hibiscus, rose petals, artificial grapefruit and blackcurrant flavouring.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I drank this in a rush, iced, so I didn’t have time to really analyze the flavour. General impression? Quite good, actually. This blend is clearly no stranger to red grapefruit and I’m picking up on some underlying sourness which may further be contributed by the rosehip. This is sweet but not overkill. I ordered a grapefruit bubble tea with 30% sugar at Chatime a few weeks ago and this tastes so much like it. I love grapefruit and would buy and drink grapefruit juice semi-regularly if it weren’t for the unnecessary liquid calories, and sometimes I just don’t have time to mess with a whole grapefruit, so that’s where I can see Grapefruit Squeeze coming in.

But I do want a real grapefruit now, come to think of it.

Another grapefruit tea… I’m not a fan of grapefruit, so thought I’d get this tasting out of the way. It’s definitely better than Grapefruit Granita was. I don’t like grapefruit but if you’re a fan of it, you’d probably really like this tea, it’s very grapefruity. With the bitterness that comes with it as well. I added sugar which makes it more drinkable. I will finish it, but won’t buy it. I only got a small amount to make this iced cup at home. Not bad, but not my cup of tea either.

Flavors: Bitter, Citrusy, Grapefruit

Iced 3 min, 0 sec

New teas!

This time it’s three herbal teas, all centered around a “citrus” theme. Whether this one is “new” in the complete sense of the word is debatable, though – all of the ingredients are actually identical to the Ruby Red blend from a few years back. I THINK it’s just a different proportion of ingredients? It’d be interesting to compare them directly.

I did all three iced – this was probably my least favourite of the three but I didn’t actually dislike it. I just enjoyed it less than the others. It’s actually a huge improvement upon Grapefruit Granita though, so if you were someone looking for a grapefruit tea that didn’t enjoy that one this might be nice to try out. I thought it was pretty accurate to actual grapefruit: very bright and sweet initially but with a stronger somewhat playful bitterness towards the end. I think the bitterness comes from all the chicory in the blend contrasted against the other ingredients, personally.

It might be interesting to use this one in cocktails/mocktails though (with gin?), or perhaps in some kind of baking? Like if you infused it into an icing or something for lemon cake? I think that would probably be REALLY nice.

a really sweet and light grapefruit flavour,everything the grapefruit granita should have been tbh