Berries & Cream Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Sugar
Artificial, Blueberry, Grass, Berry, Creamy, Raspberry, Sweet, Cream, Sugar, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
185 °F / 85 °C 8 oz / 237 ml

• “David’s Tea Matcha Advent Day 3. I struggled with this one a lot. Still can’t make a foam! The first taste made me think “fake blueberries and grass”. Unfortunately I don’t much like a blueberry,...” Read full tasting note
  • “DavidsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar 2020 – Day 3 Berries and Cream! I was skeptical of this one out of the package…it smelled so fruity, I was like how can this go with matcha? Let’s say I was...” Read full tasting note
  • “DAVIDsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 3 Good morning, Steepster! I prepared this one as a sort-of latte. I used the whole packet (about a tablespoon I think?) using 12 ounces of warm water. Once...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thank you for the swap, Amandastory5016. :D I’ve drank matcha all my life. Usually the traditional way. This is the first time I’ve ever tried flavored matcha. True story hehe, which is why I...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Dreaming of berries and cream? Get your fix with this fruity blend of stone-ground matcha, creamy vanilla and mixed berry. It’s smooth as silk and sweet as a summer day. Plus it’s got iced latte written all over it. Whisk one up with ice and milk for a vibrant refresher that’s cool and deliciously satisfying. Trust us – this is one Insta-worthy treat you’ll want to share with everyone. Guess dreams really do come true.

This fruity matcha comes prepacked in limited edition white bag for summer – the perfect way to introduce a friend to matcha green tea.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

David’s Tea Matcha Advent Day 3.

I struggled with this one a lot. Still can’t make a foam! The first taste made me think “fake blueberries and grass”. Unfortunately I don’t much like a blueberry, and the artificial taste was even more off-putting.

I tried adding milk. Now it was fake blueberry and milk; grass disappeared. I’ll drink most things iced, so I poured it over ice; nope.

This one got dumped.

Flavors: Artificial, Blueberry, Grass

DavidsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar 2020 – Day 3

Berries and Cream! I was skeptical of this one out of the package…it smelled so fruity, I was like how can this go with matcha? Let’s say I was pleasantly surprised! I prepare all my matcha the same way when I have them the first time – 175 degree water, whisk a bit in to make a froth, pour into one of my two littlest mugs, top up my little mug with hot water. This one was berry tasting and creamy, quite enjoyable! I didn’t find the berry too artificial, which is what I was worried about. It went down smooth, so will have no trouble finishing up the sample!

1937 tasting notes

DAVIDsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 3

Good morning, Steepster!

I prepared this one as a sort-of latte. I used the whole packet (about a tablespoon I think?) using 12 ounces of warm water. Once I got it all combined nicely, I added another 4 ounces of milk. I did mix it using a frother, but didn’t really make any foam as it just didn’t sound good this morning.

This is pretty tasty. It has a strong enough berry flavor to stand up to the milk, and the sweetness isn’t overwhelming. I think I get blueberry and raspberry for sure, and maybe strawberry too. The matcha has a pleasant grassy flavor that’s, of course, a bit subdued by the milk. I will say the berry flavor is a tad artificial-tasting for me, but admittedly I often have issues with mixed berry flavoring in tea tasting chalky. Still a pleasant cuppa this morning!

So the jam for today is Mango-Peach-Lime Spread! I’ve had Bonne Maman’s regular Mango-Peach preserve so I’m interested to try this one. I will say, the lime is fairly strong and I love the effect it has! It adds such a nice bright zingy note to the sweet fruits and pairs perfectly with the mango. It’s not too tangy though, and has a good balance of sweet and tart. So good, I wish I could buy this one normally! ❤

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIVyyA6gsud/)

Flavors: Artificial, Berry, Blueberry, Creamy, Grass, Raspberry, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
VariaTEA

That jam sounds awesome!!

Cameron B.

They’ve all been super good so far, but I think this is my favorite!

Leafhopper

Agreed, that jam sounds interesting!

VariaTEA

Now you have me wanting the jam calendar

Thank you for the swap, Amandastory5016. :D
I’ve drank matcha all my life. Usually the traditional way. This is the first time I’ve ever tried flavored matcha. True story hehe, which is why I really appreciate the swap so I can try some. I look forward to the others you sent. This one is a bit chalky as someone mentioned but the flavors of berries, vanilla and cream as well as the matcha itself is very pleasant. It is too sweet for me but I’m sure I can send some to my nephew who will appreciate that part. :)

Flavors: Berry, Cream, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 0 OZ / 0 ML

It’s hard for me to know how much matcha to use when it has sugar and other ingredients bulking up the powder. It seems that whatever was left in the sample sized bag I got was the perfect amount. I added some creamer (which is slightly sweetened) and got a very pleasant cup. I get matcha at the start of the sip with a little grass and berries more in the aftertaste. Hard to tell about the cream part after adding my own cream, but the overall taste is indeed creamy. I like this one and can see it making a really good summer drink served over ice. I would consider buying it again.

175 °F / 79 °C

DAVIDsTEA Matcha Advent Calendar – Day 3

Today I decided to try this one as an iced latte made the way DAVIDsTEA recommends making them: https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/explore/how-to%3A-any-tea-anywhere/how-to-make-an-iced-matcha-latte/. Things got messy so I am thinking I may invest in a chawan that has a spout for pouring…maybe. My whisking can also use some work. However, I did buy matcha makers and those should be arriving soon so hopefully they help with these issues.

As for the iced latte, its pretty good, though I think the amount DAVIDs recommends using is too much. I used the whole sample packet and it is very sweet. I get sugar up front but berry sugar. So in that sense, I guess it is true to the flavor…sorta. Also, its an iced latte so its creamy but I can’t say if that cream is coming from the matcha or just the prep method. Overall, its good but I would use less matcha powder next time given the sugar that is added.

Cameron B.

Wow, their recipes use a lot of milk!

I prepared this as an iced latte, and it was what I pretty much expected. There is a lot more emphasis placed on the “berries” aspect in regards to the flavouring. It’s reminiscent of a blueberry-açai “power fruit” juice or what have you. The matcha powder itself isn’t as aromatic as I would have expected (unlike its Honeydew cousin).

But, come to think of it, I need to give DAVIDsTEA credit for the berry flavouring to not be artificial to the point that it tastes like actual chemicals. That was a huge issue I had with Red Leaf Tea’s fruit-flavoured matcha. Almost every one I tried had an extremely off-putting chemical undertone, whereas this does not.

Helena

sounds interesting. I might have to try it.

Found a pouch of this in the office and it’d been so long since I last had it that I decided I’d whisk myself up a hot mug of it to enjoy while doing some lab testing. I was reminded, however, why I hadn’t had this tea in so long – I do not like it. It’s such a chalky tasting berry and cream profile to me, undoubtedly from the cream flavouring that I know I don’t always respond favourably to. Plus, this was definitely a fairly old batch of the tea and that only would have exaggerated those qualities.

It’s a pass from me.

This is so delicious as a smoothie! Tastes exactly like berries and cream. I’m in love! Best part? This 50g of loose matcha was free with my steeper points along with the other two in this collection (Honeydew Matcha and Hawaiian Punch Matcha).