Berries and Cream Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “Made this just stirred in cold milk and it tastes like a topping you’d find on a dessert. Like a berry coulis and whipped cream given its sweeter than actual berries tend to be but still has a...” Read full tasting note
  • “I prepared this as an iced latte, and it was what I pretty much expected. There is a lot more emphasis placed on the “berries” aspect in regards to the flavouring. It’s reminiscent of a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Last fruity matcha, also as an iced latte. To me personally, this was the matcha from the collection that best fit my expectations of it. It’s very much a mixed berry sort of flavour with notes of...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is so delicious as a smoothie! Tastes exactly like berries and cream. I’m in love! Best part? This 50g of loose matcha was free with my steeper points along with the other two in this...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Dreaming of berries and cream? Get your fix with this fruity blend of stone-ground matcha, creamy vanilla and mixed berry. It’s smooth as silk and sweet as a summer day. Plus it’s got iced latte written all over it. Whisk one up with ice and milk for a vibrant refresher that’s cool and deliciously satisfying. Trust us – this is one Insta-worthy treat you’ll want to share with everyone. Guess dreams really do come true.

This fruity matcha comes prepacked in limited edition white bag for summer – the perfect way to introduce a friend to matcha green tea.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Made this just stirred in cold milk and it tastes like a topping you’d find on a dessert. Like a berry coulis and whipped cream given its sweeter than actual berries tend to be but still has a berry-like flavor. It’s alright but the flavoring is subtle whereas the sweetness is not.

Helena

Berry Matcha hold the sweetness. I find the same problem with most lemonades. The best lemonades have the minimum amount of sugar possible. Also a problem with store bought marmalades. The only good Marmalade was ED Smith’s no sugar added one. It was lemon, Lime and Orange. Hard to find now though.

I prepared this as an iced latte, and it was what I pretty much expected. There is a lot more emphasis placed on the “berries” aspect in regards to the flavouring. It’s reminiscent of a blueberry-açai “power fruit” juice or what have you. The matcha powder itself isn’t as aromatic as I would have expected (unlike its Honeydew cousin).

But, come to think of it, I need to give DAVIDsTEA credit for the berry flavouring to not be artificial to the point that it tastes like actual chemicals. That was a huge issue I had with Red Leaf Tea’s fruit-flavoured matcha. Almost every one I tried had an extremely off-putting chemical undertone, whereas this does not.

Helena

sounds interesting. I might have to try it.

Last fruity matcha, also as an iced latte.

To me personally, this was the matcha from the collection that best fit my expectations of it. It’s very much a mixed berry sort of flavour with notes of blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, and even this sort of acai kind of quality? That jumble of berry notes reminds me a lot of the mixed berry profile that Red Leaf Tea’s Richberry Pie matcha has! I really enjoy that part of the flavour.

For me, the thing that really doesn’t connect well is the ‘cream’ element. Quite often, I find myself thinking that whatever the company uses as its “cream flavouring” is really artificial and somewhat unpleasant tasting- and that weird “cream flavouring” is used in several different blends. It’s not as prominent here as I’ve seen with other teas, and the addition of milk to add some actual creaminess both in flavour and mouthfeel does help a lot. It’s kind of like a berry custard? Pretty solid overall, despite some slight cons.

Also, I think this may arguably be the sweetest of the new matchas for what that’s worth.

This is so delicious as a smoothie! Tastes exactly like berries and cream. I’m in love! Best part? This 50g of loose matcha was free with my steeper points along with the other two in this collection (Honeydew Matcha and Hawaiian Punch Matcha).