Gingerbread Matcha

Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
170 °F / 76 °C

From DAVIDsTEA

Happiness is… the smell of gingerbread cookies baking in the oven. Warming up with a perfect cup of tea. And sharing a festive treat with your family and friends. And thanks to this heartwarming matcha, you can have all three at once. It’s sweet, spicy and tastes just like your favourite holiday dessert. The only twist? We added a feel-good dose of stone-ground matcha for an instant pick-me-up. With this cozy gingerbread blend by your side, happiness is just a sip away…

Ingredients: Cane sugar, green tea, natural gingerbread flavouring.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was looking forward to trying this, hoping to find a gingerbread tea I like… The flavour is there, but its very subtle. The powder smells stronger than the tea tastes. I don’t know why. I find this flavour to be more subdued than any of the other matchas. I’ll finish the rest I have, maybe it will be better iced. I definitely don’t dislike it, but its not what I was hoping for.

Flavors: Ginger, Spices

170 °F / 76 °C

Sipdown (445)!

So, I finished this one off as a latte today at work, but it wasn’t a sipdown in the truest sense. Honestly, I actually liked this one a fair bit but I knew it was something that was gonna take me a really long time to eventually finish off on my own because of how rarely I actually crave ginger so I brought the pouch in with me to work and made myself one last latte and then let my coworkers all try it/finish off the rest.

Our store only received one shipment of this, and we sold out so quickly that most of the staff didn’t even have a chance to buy a bag of this if they wanted to try it, so it felt good to share with the people I work with who were disappointed they couldn’t try it out. I felt a little bit like the Santa of tea/matcha! Gingerbread Matcha Lattes for the well behaved and patient tea guides! ;)

This latte was very smooth though, and while I still think this is immensely ginger heavy (great if you love ginger; meh if you don’t) I thought that it brewed up a lot smoother with the milk, and had a little more of that molasses sweetness I felt like I missed with my first go round. Knowing that this was gonna be my last tasting, since I gave away the rest, I felt super satisfied with the outcome of the brew. Just, really appropriate for the holiday and one I’m really glad I tried – but without the help finishing it off I would have had this kicking around well after Christmas, and it’s just not something I need year round.