Gingerbread Matcha

Ginger, Spices
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
170 °F / 76 °C

• “Tastes chalky to me but it is drinkable. I can taste gingerbread a tiny bit but overall not the greatest fan of it. I prefer the Candy Cane matcha and I was lucky to be able to exchange this with...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was looking forward to trying this, hoping to find a gingerbread tea I like… The flavour is there, but its very subtle. The powder smells stronger than the tea tastes. I don’t know why. I find...” Read full tasting note
  • “So, a while back one of my favourite Youtube channels made a “Pumpkin Spice Pizza” and I just got absolutely obsessed with the concept and became determined to recreate it with my own “twist” by...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Happiness is… the smell of gingerbread cookies baking in the oven. Warming up with a perfect cup of tea. And sharing a festive treat with your family and friends. And thanks to this heartwarming matcha, you can have all three at once. It’s sweet, spicy and tastes just like your favourite holiday dessert. The only twist? We added a feel-good dose of stone-ground matcha for an instant pick-me-up. With this cozy gingerbread blend by your side, happiness is just a sip away…

Ingredients: Cane sugar, green tea, natural gingerbread flavouring.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Tastes chalky to me but it is drinkable. I can taste gingerbread a tiny bit but overall not the greatest fan of it. I prefer the Candy Cane matcha and I was lucky to be able to exchange this with a friend for something else I really liked.

I was looking forward to trying this, hoping to find a gingerbread tea I like… The flavour is there, but its very subtle. The powder smells stronger than the tea tastes. I don’t know why. I find this flavour to be more subdued than any of the other matchas. I’ll finish the rest I have, maybe it will be better iced. I definitely don’t dislike it, but its not what I was hoping for.

Flavors: Ginger, Spices

170 °F / 76 °C

So, a while back one of my favourite Youtube channels made a “Pumpkin Spice Pizza” and I just got absolutely obsessed with the concept and became determined to recreate it with my own “twist” by incorporating tea into it somehow.

Well, about a week ago I FINALLY bought all of the things to make the whole thing. Fresh pizza dough, coconut oil, pumpkin puree in place of tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, spinach, tomato, and a mix of Italian seasonings and cinnamon. Pop that in the toasted over and let it cook for about fifteen minutes and… well, BAM! Pumpkin Spice Pizza. That’s not all of it though; I also made a Brown Sugar Spice Syrup to drizzle over top the pizza using cinnamon sticks, cinnamon powder, clove, gingerbread matcha, vanilla, and (of course) brown sugar. Super, super decadent and rich – and the perfect accompaniment to my pizza creation.

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/BqbVAx-FBPg/

It’s true that this pizza doesn’t really know whether or not it wants to be savory or sweet but it’s still really good. The sauce completely makes it though; very rich and warming and that strong cinnamon and gingerbread taste actually goes incredibly well with both the cheese and tomato slices on the pizza.

I’d actually 100% make this again, and I highly recommend that you do too!