Cinnamon Rooibos Chai Latte

Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From DAVIDsTEA

Ready to whip up the latte of your dreams? It all starts with a spoonful of this quick and easy tea latte mix. Rich, creamy and packed with all the sweet and spicy flavours of our Cinnamon Rooibos Chai tea, this frothy indulgence is a delicious way to get your fix anytime, anywhere. All you gotta do is add hot water and stir! No milk or frother needed. Whether you drink it straight up or topped with a dash of cinnamon, one sip is all you need to take the latte world by storm.

Available in prepack format only.

Contains 200 g / 7 oz of tea latte mix.
ingredients

Sugar, milk powder (milk powder, coconut fat, potassium phos phate), rooibos extract, cinnamon, silicon dioxide, natural flavouring.

Allergens: coconut, milk

About DAVIDsTEA View company

1 Tasting Note

Second up, of the new latte mixes.

Of the three, I think this one falls in the middle for me in terms of flavour. To be perfectly fair, I’m not the world’s biggest fan of the tea it’s based on – not that I dislike it either. It’s just that I’d probably never really buy Cinnamon Rooibos Chai for at home and the odd time I find myself craving it it’s actually usually plain so the idea of a latte mix doesn’t appeal to me as much.

Apparently, as a latte, this is one of our best selling caffeine free teas though which I believe is why they chose it for this line up. Forever Nuts is another one that’s high up there, but lets be real – cinnamon makes a little more sense for a collection tailored around winter/the holidays.

My biggest issue with this one is that I felt like it tasted more like rooibos as a latte mix than it actually does as a tea – it was pretty woody. I mean, also a TON of cinnamon but the extra woody taste definitely popped out to me. I know a lot of people don’t love the taste of rooibos so that could definitely be an issue for them, where as there are also people who love the taste of rooibos so it could be more of a win for those people. While I’m usually relatively neutral, I think in this case I side a little more with the people who don’t love that woody quality.