Gaba Guava

Green Tea
Apple, Coconut, Green Tea, Guava Flakes, Orange Peel, Papaya, Pineapple, Red Currant, Safflower Petals
Citrus, Fruity, Pineapple, Red Fruits, Strawberry, Coconut, Guava, Tropical, Apple
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “This tea is great iced. I don’t actually taste a lot of guava but I do get lots of strawberry, pineapple, and maybe some citrus notes. It is nice over ice slightly sweetened or straight.” Read full tasting note
  • “I solely like this tea cold steeped. I find there is a bitter flavor when it is iced the conventional way or steeped as a hot tea. That being said, I love this tea cold steeped. [I will not...” Read full tasting note
  • “A wild combination of hormones and hangover was completely murdering my morning, and I couldn’t stand the thought of my usual morning cup of Jasmine Creme Brulee. Citrus sounded good. I went for my...” Read full tasting note
  • “This smells wonderful and fruity. It tastes fruity too but I do not taste the coconut too much. There’s a slight pineapple-y aftertaste as well. This is drinkable, but there’s nothing special to...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Listen up, Brainiac. This tropical blend of ripe guava, pineapple and coconut is made with GABA, a next-level green tea that’s said to boost focus and brain function. It’s fruity, energizing and mouthwateringly juicy. Brew a cup before your next brainstorm or study sesh and get ready to fire up those neurons!

ingredients
Guava, pineapple (pineapple, sugar), apple (apple, citric ac id), GABA green tea, green tea, papaya (papaya, sugar), coconut rasps, orange peel, orange blossoms, red currants, safflower blossoms, natural guava flavouring.

Price per 50g: $10.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Pineapple, Red Fruits, Strawberry

Iced 8 min or more

[I will not numerically rate DAVIDsTEA blends as I’m currently employed there and it would be an obvious conflict of interest. These reviews are a reflection of my personal thoughts regarding the teas, and not the company’s.] [adapted from: Roswell Strange’s disclaimer]

Flavors: Coconut, Fruity, Guava

Iced 8 min or more 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

A wild combination of hormones and hangover was completely murdering my morning, and I couldn’t stand the thought of my usual morning cup of Jasmine Creme Brulee. Citrus sounded good. I went for my tin of Sweet Lime and grabbed this instead. Perfect! I need mental acuity and focus! Give it to me!
At first sip it’s very sweet, but fruit-sweet, not sugar-sweet. It has a slight bubblegum scent. Guava is the main note, and then pineapple. Really delicious! I have no idea if the “GABA” part makes any difference – I do feel better though (some of that might be because of the matcha I had too). I’m excited to find a fruity tea to drink hot in the summer, and if it helps my crazy brain focus, all the better!

Flavors: Guava, Pineapple, Tropical

This smells wonderful and fruity. It tastes fruity too but I do not taste the coconut too much. There’s a slight pineapple-y aftertaste as well. This is drinkable, but there’s nothing special to me about this one so I won’t be re-stocking. However, I am going to use up my last 15g and try some of it iced.

*Update: Tried it iced and you can really taste the pineapple now but this tea still doesn’t have a “wow” factor for me.

I’ll preface this by saying I’m not a fan of teas that taste like piña coladas.

I love coconut in teas, but I’m not a huge fan of pineapple in tea (and definitely not when paired with coconut).

Given that guava is the first ingredient in the blend, I was really hoping it would lean more toward tropical than piña colada. Alas, it’s almost entirely piña colada for me which is super disappointing because you don’t see guava in teas very often.

I iced it, and maybe that amplified the piña colada-y-ness. I just don’t want to drink tropical teas hot.

I might give it another go with a much shorter steep time or cold-steeped, but I might not bother.

Flavors: Coconut, Pineapple

This tea smells amazing! And although it has coconut in it, I don’t care cause it just smells so good. I’m trying it hot first and its really quite good. I don’t really know what guava tastes like but I assume that’s one of the fruits I am tasting. Also, I didn’t like Guava Cadabra at all so I’m pleasantly surprised I like this one, cause I was hoping I would. I can’t say I don’t taste a little bit of coconut though, it isn’t overwhelming. Other than that I like the fruitiness to this tea. I assume it would be a refreshing iced tea as well!

Flavors: Coconut, Fruity, Guava

A very fruity green tea that I didn’t expect at all. It smells like candy and tastes amazing, if you like sweet/fruity types of tea this is perfect, I’m usually very picky with my green teas (only really like toasted walnut) but this I could get more of :D

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Guava, Pineapple

This is a sipdown – but also not really.

Basically, I finished off the last of this that I had from the version that came out in early 2018 – which was also the last of it that I had at home. However, I have about a 200g bag of this year’s production of it at work so I’ll still (thankfully) be going through it and drinking it for quite a while. This cup was really good though; more of a general tropical note with a punch of sweet, juicy orange. I’m surprised with how well the year+ old coconut held up.

tea-sipper

I thought the steepster consensus is: “if you finish a single packaging of tea, it’s a sipdown” even if you have more than one package of a tea…

Roswell Strange

I suppose, I usually only focus on the numbers though – so it’s an accomplishment that I finished this tea off, but because I have a second bag my total tea number doesn’t change.

Kittenna

I’m definitely in the camp of calling this a sipdown, although my numbers wouldn’t change, either (but entries for this tea would!) I mean, if I was actually successfully tracking this sort of thing right now.