Moringa Mermaid

Fruit Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Carrot, Dried Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Natural Lemon Flavor, Pineapple, Rose Petals, Watermelon
Herbs, Melon, Sweet, Tropical, Cantaloupe, Fruity, Honeydew, Ocean Air, Seaweed
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I should probably also mention that this resteeps into a very nice cold brew. I try to resteep almost every tea I make. Usually regular steeps of blacks, oolongs, and red rooibos, cold brews of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 10:30 PM Hmm. Well, this doesn’t list stevia as an ingredient, but it came out super sweet. Maybe it’s from the candied melon and pineapple? I mean, the melon flavor is nice enough. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “Had this one this evening while trying to write. It had a nice flavor. Light and fruity and not too sweet. I mean, not that cloying stevia sweetness. I think this is my favorite so far of the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Finally trying this as an iced tea! I really like this one a lot – it reminds me of Cantaloupe Ice! It steeps a lighter colour, but tastes almost the same. I’m not really sure what moringa is, but...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Summer days call for an iceable fruit infusion that’ll leave you feeling energized, focused and oh-so fresh. And this tea definitely delivers. Bursting with juicy honeydew melon, pineapple and moringa – a miraculous plant full of vitamins, minerals and protein – this hydrating and nourishing blend is more refreshing that a dip in the sea.

(Note: Moringa not available as an ingredient, is the 5th ingredient in the list)

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I should probably also mention that this resteeps into a very nice cold brew. I try to resteep almost every tea I make. Usually regular steeps of blacks, oolongs, and red rooibos, cold brews of everything else…it’s not an exact science. The results are often disappointing, but I’m happy to report that this was great.

Home – 10:30 PM

Hmm.

I mean, the melon flavor is nice enough. The mouthfeel is a bit odd, maybe from the moringa? There’s also a sort of herbal flavor in the aftertaste.

It would be fine if it wasn’t so sweet. Too sweet for me.

Flavors: Herbs, Melon, Sweet, Tropical

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Lexie Aleah

I’ve been wanting to try this one. (As I’ve been looking for more herbal heavy blends to drink at night.) As for the sweetness it’s probably due to the candied fruit and blackberry leaves.

Cameron B.

I suppose it must be. I do tend to overleaf fruit tisanes so that probably caused the sweetness to be more concentrated as well.

Had this one this evening while trying to write. It had a nice flavor. Light and fruity and not too sweet. I mean, not that cloying stevia sweetness. I think this is my favorite so far of the summer David’s teas I was gifted over the September long weekend.

Finally trying this as an iced tea! I really like this one a lot – it reminds me of Cantaloupe Ice! It steeps a lighter colour, but tastes almost the same. I’m not really sure what moringa is, but I probably can’t taste it. I just think this tea is really good and refreshing for the warmer weather !

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Fruity, Honeydew, Melon, Sweet

Iced 4 min, 0 sec

I’m ok with this one. It’s kinda watermelon with a hint of pineapple…there’s a slippery element in the taste that has me a little worried . I wouldn’t need a lot of this – this sample might be enough, but i could see this maybe being refreshing as a cold brew in the summer. Just nothing really over the top. And the name is stupid to me. Doesn’t really make a lot of sense.

__Morgana__

Slippery? That would worry me too. LOL

not sure how else to discribe it haha

In store sample.

This was the first of many in store samples I had at a DT’s shop that I don’t frequent as often as the others in my path. This particular store has a better brewing system than the others apparently or all their sample teas were fresh and properly steeped.

I can’t tell you anything about this one because I don’t recall anything beyond the fact that I liked it. I will happily try it again.

This reminds me of things from the summers of my childhood. Specifically, it reminds me of watermelon flavored bubblegum and watermelon scented erasers. They had a very specific artificial-ness about them that was fun and sweet, and a sort of creamy, vanilla undertone to the fake watermelon. It’s interesting. I don’t often like fruit flavored things, and I don’t know if I want more of this, but it’s fun and has a good, strong flavor. I do have a huge stockpile of Sour Watermelon that I enjoy more, for the mix of sweet and sour.

Huh, ok. Not as weird as I thought it would be, being a fruity infusion. It has a sweetness that is rounded out by a tiny bit of tart. I’m getting watermelon from it. I could see this being really good iced. I like it, but in general I’m against buying tisanes that are mostly dried fruit because I don’t feel like the value is there with how much dried fruit weighs. It was a fun sample to try.

Evol Ving Ness

Good point. I am wary of heavy teas too.

Another new summer tea – trying it iced.

With a name like Moringa Mermaid I had high expectations for this one; I expected something very bright and full of life. This is kind of… wah wah wah…

Like, it’s not bad but I think it’s kind of boring? It definitely falls into the trap of being very generic melon tasting; not any one specific kind of melon, and the moringa and pineapple in the blend don’t impart nearly enough distinct flavour to create any sort of fun, tropical vibe. It’s also a little ‘bubblegum-y’? But that’s not really a new thing for DT’s melon blends. In fact it’s something I’m quite used to already. Yeah…

Bottom line I’d say this is most comparable to Cantaloupe Ice!? But, like, less robust. I didn’t like Cantaloupe Ice, so I guess that’s probably working against me with this one too.

Starfevre

Good to know.

I really loved this one iced. Tastes a lot like melons and reminded me a little of bubble gum. The to go cup I got of this at the store did not last very long! I also got 50g of it free from my steeper points to enjoy it at home and will probably stock up on some more if they have that summer savings tea club again this year or another sale on tea.