Rhubarb Cream Soda

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Hibiscus, Mango, Natural Flavours, Pineapple, Red Currant, Rhubarb, Rose Hip Peels
Raspberry, Berry, Cream, Metallic, Rhubarb, Tart, Hibiscus, Mango, Fruity
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Linyarai

2 Images

• “Well…this one tastes and smells a bit off even though I just bought it. It’s still drinkable, just a bit off-putting. The fruit flavor is okay, but the main flavor is an artificial cream that isn’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “I thought I had written a tasting note for this one from the Discovery teabox! Darn it. Thanks to whomever included it. To be honest, the leaves here have a stale scent which I don’t usually...” Read full tasting note
  • “I really liked this the last time I had it so when I placed my most recent DAVIDsTEA order, I got 100 grams. Today I made it as a teapop and it tastes like wax. I am not too happy but I am hoping...” Read full tasting note
  • “I tried 4 of DAVIDsTEA’s newer (newish) iced teas all in one week, and I wasn’t really impressed with any of them. I didn’t add any sugar, steeped the tea as instructed, and then poured it over a...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Pop Your Top

This sweet and creamy blend of bright rhubarb and tart soda fizz is totally poppin’.

Let yourself get carried away with this totally poppin’ tea. With bright rhubarb, sweet apple and a fizzy tartness we can’t enough of, our creamy and nostalgic blend will take you back to when things were simpler – and just a little sweeter. Add a splash of club soda and a scoop of lemon sorbet for a treat that’ll leave you feeling bubbly all day long.

Ingredients:

Apple, rosehip shells, mango (mango, sugar), pineapple (pine apple, sugar), hibiscus, red currants, rhubarb, natural flavouring.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well…this one tastes and smells a bit off even though I just bought it. It’s still drinkable, just a bit off-putting. The fruit flavor is okay, but the main flavor is an artificial cream that isn’t great. I sense a bit of the fizziness they were going for, so I guess it’s somewhat accurate, just not completely pleasant. Yeah there’s something weird about the flavoring they used here. I added rose hips to my next steep to try to tone down the weirdness, but the strange flavor is too powerful! Yeah it’s going to be difficult to get through my whole 2 oz of this one.

jazzyserenitea

Thank you! I was hesitating about trying this tea, now I’m glad I didn’t. I was really hoping it had a cream soda flavor.

AJRimmer

Yeah I chose to ignore all the negative reviews – regrets! At least it was on sale.

jazzyserenitea

Awww wow. Been there myself, so I can relate! Sometimes, it’s actually worth it. :)

I thought I had written a tasting note for this one from the Discovery teabox! Darn it. Thanks to whomever included it. To be honest, the leaves here have a stale scent which I don’t usually notice in teas, so I will take that into consideration. I also can’t really envision what a Rhubarb Cream Soda would be like. I have a problem with some Davidstea’s being full of apple chunks and yet are supposed to taste completely different from apple (like chocolate in other teas?). I don’t notice too much rhubarb in this blend, but there are many small ingredients in my sample and not all of them are apple or rhubarb. The flavor isn’t exactly rhubarb, really just a tartness with a hint of cream. I’m sure it’s much better fresh, but also deserved much more rhubarb in the blend itself. At least the hibiscus doesn’t overpower. I’m glad I was able to try it, as it looks like it’s retiring!

Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // just boiled // 6 minute steep

I really liked this the last time I had it so when I placed my most recent DAVIDsTEA order, I got 100 grams. Today I made it as a teapop and it tastes like wax. I am not too happy but I am hoping that maybe it’s the teapop prep method.

I tried 4 of DAVIDsTEA’s newer (newish) iced teas all in one week, and I wasn’t really impressed with any of them. I didn’t add any sugar, steeped the tea as instructed, and then poured it over a cup of ice. After a fair number of sips, I added lemonade “to taste” – half my cup ended up as lemonade.

Flavors: Raspberry

First let me say I know this is my fault. I decided to cold brew this, since the idea of warm cream soda sounded wrong to me. Stuck it in my pitcher, went to sleep – and left it in there for three days. Oops. It actually didn’t end up super strong, but there’s an almost metallic taste to it? The sourness of the rhubarb doesn’t blend smoothly with the cream flavor (which is more accurate than I thought it could be!). Next time I’ll do it properly…maybe steeping in lemonade??

Flavors: Berry, Cream, Metallic, Rhubarb, Tart

Iced 8 min or more

I had this iced as a tea to go and all I can say is I’m glad I didn’t pick up any? It has all of the desired bright red berry/hibiscus/rhubarb notes but something about the second half the sip comes across as musty to me (I think this is it trying to be creamy). C’est la vie.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Mango, Rhubarb

Iced

I was really curious about how this would compare to Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, one of my favourite DAVIDsTEA fruit blends. Yeah, that one is by far better. I could barely taste the rhubarb in this? It was a little vague when it comes to the fruit. I’m writing based on memory, but it was like a watered down, sugared up SRP. Not really tart at all. The mango came out more and even then, it didn’t scream mango either. Been there, drank that.

This was a disappointment. I’ve only tried it once, so I won’t completely write it off just yet. The flavor was so muted and weak. I was expecting a tea that was a bit more tart, especially with rhubarb AND hibiscus. However, the ratio of ingredients in the blend is heavily skewed toward pineapple and mango. That wouldn’t be so bad if it was a more mango-forward tea, but it isn’t. This reads very much like a pineapple-flavored cream soda on my taste buds, and that just doesn’t jive for me. I purchased a lot of this because it sounded like something I’d really enjoy, but I daren’t open a second bag. I’ll give it another go this weekend before deciding what to do with the rest of it.

Evol Ving Ness

Hmm, maybe it needs to be steeped with far more leaf?

apieceofquiche

I did add more than I normally would, but it still seemed quite bland. I’ll play around with what’s left in my opened bag.

Evol Ving Ness

Hope you find the magic solution.

Finished my sample of this one off today as well. Again, it’s fine but i prefer other rhubarb teas that DT has created in the past.

This tea is weird and I don’t know what to make out of it. I’m a hibiscus hater, so I’m surprised to be saying that they didn’t overdo it with the hib in this mix! It’s just enough to give the rhubarb flavor some tartness. The tea has a sweetness to it. It is fruity in the sip and creamy in the finish. I have no verdict here, but it was a fun sample to try.