Vanilla Sencha

Vanilla, Wet Earth, Vegetal
High
Kosher, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I bought this one simply because it was on sale…it’s not too bad (I’m not really a fan of green teas). I steeped it pretty short just because I find green teas to be quite bitter, and I didn’t find...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve been on a kick where I only want to drink strong, over-steeped, traditional teas. Vanilla Sencha does wonders for my craving. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that I’d use the same leaves and...” Read full tasting note
  • “From last weekend. I feel like, with the flooding today, I’m just going to make this sound like I’ve had the worst string of apartment trouble – but I actually really like my apartment, and...” Read full tasting note
  • “This one has a strong scent of vanilla when first smelling the loose leaf. I steeped it for 2 minutes at 85c, and it’s almost perfect – I taste that vanilla, and I also get that hint of green tea...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

What happens when you bring two classics together? You get this silky smooth and subtly creamy green tea with a pop of sweet vanilla bean – and it might be our new favourite thing. With its mouthwatering crème anglaise aroma and natural butteriness, this lightly flavoured sencha green tea is the perfect twist on a traditional loose leaf.

Price per 50g: $11.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I bought this one simply because it was on sale…it’s not too bad (I’m not really a fan of green teas). I steeped it pretty short just because I find green teas to be quite bitter, and I didn’t find this one bitter, but I could taste the earthiness from the green tea so I added just a hint of sugar. The vanilla is nice, it leaves a wonderful smell and lingering aftertaste. I enjoyed it but don’t think I’ll restock.

Flavors: Vanilla, Wet Earth

I’ve been on a kick where I only want to drink strong, over-steeped, traditional teas. Vanilla Sencha does wonders for my craving. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that I’d use the same leaves and re-steep for a second time, but I loved this tea enough to buy 250g during the last big DT sale.

Flavors: Vanilla, Vegetal

From last weekend.

I feel like, with the flooding today, I’m just going to make this sound like I’ve had the worst string of apartment trouble – but I actually really like my apartment, and ultimately the flooding and the story I’m about to tell weren’t caused by me. Additionally, both situations were much better than they could have been.

Anyway; I was steeping myself up a mug of this one on Sunday morning. I had literally just finished straining the mug of tea when the fire alarm for the whole building went off. I just looked at my freshly made mug of tea and went, “Well, fuck it!” – and I grabbed the mug of tea and a sweater, and evacuated to the lobby with the rest of the tenants. So, here I was in the lobby along with everyone else – kind of looking like a crazy person in her pajamas drinking tea with this fire alarm blaring.

Everything was all good though; someone on a different floor than me had accidentally lit something on fire on their stovetop with their shitty cooking skills (I can relate to that), which had triggered the alarm. They had immediately put it out afterwards though; nothing and no one were harmed. But there’s no “takebacksies” on firealarms…

Anyway; the tea was delicious. It tasted like melted vanilla ice cream and pancakes – how can you be disappointed with a flavour profile like that?

Evol Ving Ness

Hmm, maybe I need to go get a bit of this to try then.

Kittenna

I enjoyed this one. I feel like I must have a small bit of it somewhere, too.

This one has a strong scent of vanilla when first smelling the loose leaf. I steeped it for 2 minutes at 85c, and it’s almost perfect – I taste that vanilla, and I also get that hint of green tea base. Maybe next time I’ll steep for 1.5 min. This tea is pretty good – I was not sure whether I’d like it since others said it reminded them of butter sencha or vallilla orchid (neither of which I like) But this is actually pretty good for a straight/flavoured green.

Flavors: Vanilla

Well. I ordered 100 grams of Vanilla Sencha and immediately ordered 250 grams more, after trying my first cup, if that tells you anything. I’ve now been drinking this all week and can’t get enough of it. I love Butter Sencha and Vanilla Orchid from DavidsTea, and Vanilla Sencha is basically like the perfect marriage of those two. The scent that comes off of this is strong and smells like sticking your nose into a vanilla frosted vanilla cupcake from heaven. It has a great vanilla flavor over a bed of vegetal green. It’s so rich and delicious, and I love it so much. A perfect vanilla and a perfect mix of sweet and refreshing.