Organic Zen Pearls

Medium
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Here’s a floral-scented pearl of wisdom: Hand-rolling tea is a tradition that began over 1300 years ago, when a Chinese emperor wanted to give an original gift of love. Our gift to you is this organic white tea, lightly scented with jasmine flowers and hand-rolled into delicate pearls that gently unfurl as they steep. Breathe deeply and let your mind — and pearls — expand.

Organic: Rolled white tea from Fujian Province, scented with jasmine flowers.

Price per 50g: $19.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was my morning tea today; part of my efforts to have a “goodbye” cup of each retiring tea and log that here on Steepster so others can see which teas have been retired. It was pretty nice; fairly smooth and gentle with a fragrant and sweet jasmine note. I don’t like this as much as the Jasmine Black Pearls (better jasmine flavour and base choice, in my opinion) but it’s still very nice! I’ll be honest though, when I reach for a white tea with jasmine, silver needle is basically always what jumps out to me though…

I kind of get retiring this tea; it was introduced as a replacement to Dragon Pearls when that tea was discontinued – as part of an effort, I’m assuming, to diversify the jasmine tea selection on our tea wall but still offer a lighter based pearl tea as an option for people who were drinking Dragon Pearls. I don’t think this blend ever saw the sales that Dragon Pearls did though, and it struggled compared to the rest of the jasmine blends.

C’est la vie.