Maple Syrup Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Raisins, Roasted Chicory Root
Coffee, Maple Syrup, Toasty, Toffee, Maple, Nutty, Roasted, Artificial, Autumn Leaf Pile, Butter, Pancake Syrup, Sweet, Mango, Musty, Fruity
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Call us stereotypical Canadians, but we love maple syrup. And this sweet and satisfying oolong tea is dripping with it. With buckwheat and roasted chicory, it tastes just like a stack of pancakes drenched in rich amber maple. Whether you sip it straight up or as a frothy tea latte, your weekend brunch will never be the same again.

Apple, oolong tea, candied papaya (papaya, sugar), raisins, buckwheat seeds, roasted chicory root, maple sugar, stevia extract, natural and artificial flavouring.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

First off, I’ll say that this tea is nice, it’s just not my thing. The artificial sweetener can clearly be tasted. Initially upon steeping, it tastes like nothing but butter, but after it slightly cools you can actually taste the rest of it. The maple is there but not overwhelming. The papaya is definitely being used as a sweetener and gives it a sort of bizarre overall flavour as a hot tea.

It’s very musty smelling, from the artificial butter-like flavour, but otherwise is good. It was pleasant – I just won’t be buying more of it. It’s really good as a latte, though.

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Mango, Maple, Musty

I tried this hot, in-store, and I am still on the fence as to whether or not I should buy some tea to take home. The maple syrup aroma was very distinct, but the sweet taste of it was warring with other fruit flavours in my mouth, and mostly I felt confused after every sip.

Flavors: Fruity, Maple Syrup

OMG this tea is SO delicious as a hot latte! Tastes like maple syrup and pancakes. I got my boyfriend to try it and he said it tasted like french toast. I can see myself going through a lot of this tea-I hope this one sticks around for a long, long time!

Update: I tried this as an iced latte. It was good, but made as a hot latte is better.

Sipping on a mug of this one currently; it’s especially buttery today so that quality combined with the rich maple notes are making me think very strongly/clearly of maple or caramel popcorn. Sort of like Cracker Jack!? I’m greatly enjoying the cup though; there’s something very pleasant and delicious as well as comforting about that rich buttery maple note.