The Skinny (organic)

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by canadiangirl798

From DAVIDsTEA

A Chinese secret

Looking for the next big beauty secret or weight loss trend? Let us give you a hint: try water. It’s true, water is just about the healthiest thing you can put in your body – after all, you’re made out of it. And what better way to jazz water up than with delicious traditional digestives like pu’erh, oolong, ginger and eleuthero root. Go ahead, drink up. The only thing you’ll gain is wisdom. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Chinese oolong tea, Chinese pu’erh tea, ginger, eleuthero root, orange peel. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I wasn’t sure what to think of this tea when I read about it online; pu’erh with oolong? The ginger I could see but the orange? And what in the world is eleuthero root?? But when I got into the store and had a chance to take a quick sniff of it I could see where it all started to come together. The scent was filled with sweet orange notes; under laying that was a bit of spice from the ginger and the earthy notes of the pu’erh. I couldn’t catch much of the oolong but there were a few floral scents hovering in the background that were most likely coming from that. I was really surprised at how the orange and the pur’eh complemented each other, I never would have guessed/thought of that combination.

The steeped liquor came out a deep orange-brown and the scents darkened significantly. The orange was still there and was the highlight of the profile but the earthy (almost loam like) notes from the pur’eh were out in full force. The ginger seemed to serve as a bridge between the two scents, melding them together in a very interesting way. The floral notes from the dry scent are still there but aren’t as noticeable as they were previously.

As for the flavor, this is definitely a pur’eh but it’s not as earthy as others that I’ve had in the past, the oolong (and the rest of the blend) certainly helps to lighten the flavor profile of this base. Like with the scent profile the ginger definitely helps to bridge the pur’ehs loamy flavors with the bright citrus notes from the orange; it also leaves a pleasant tingle in my mouth (I love ginger!) There’s a touch of creaminess that could only be from the oolong and I can definitely get the floral notes on the back end of the sip.

In all I was really surprised by this blend, dark and compelling but with some lovely orange highlights. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s “good for me” too! I can definitely see myself keeping some in my cupboard.

I don’t think I’ve had any pu’erh before, so this is my first one.

I do like the citrus and ginger. The cup doesn’t taste as tangy as I thought it would…which is probably the other stuff that is also there. I think this is a nice well-rounded cup of tea.

4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I really want to like this tea…but it comes across as being rather thin and unpleasantly citrus-y. There’s not much depth of flavour or reason for me to keep drinking it, so down the drain it goes. :/

Ahhhhhh getting behind on reviewing tea. SO. Wife and I ordered Indian for dinner and then ate waaaay too much, so while we were sitting around feeling like zeppelins, she made a pot of this because she is BRILLIANT. This is always the best to drink after a big meal. Sweet but not too sweet, a little bit orange-y and fruity, and really helps with the digestion. My tummy is pleased.

I love you, Skinny!

Seriously this is a real comfort tea for me. I just find it so COSY and it makes me happy. This will be a sad sipdown when the day comes, unless I can find something alternative within the country…

Let the search begin.

A bit boring, but the flavour lasts. It’s the orange peel I don’t like, I think.

I didn’t anticipate liking this tea when I purchased it (I’m not a huge fan of ginger) but somehow it’s become one of my favorites. Love this in the afternoon, it’s clean and soothing.

this is THE BEST tea in the whole world!

I don’t like pu’erh all that much and it takes a good tea that will mask the taste of it in order to allow me to drink it and enjoy it. This does that very well. I love the skinny, makes me feel better after having too much of a big meal. As well, it tastes so citrusy (I know not a word) that I really do enjoy every sip of this.

i absolutely love this tea, i would make a cup everytime my stomach was upset and after the first couple sips i could feel my upset stomach feeling better (i have really bad digestion problems and am very sensitive to certain foods) unfortunetely i am out of it and have to go get some more ! ill definitely be stocking up