The Skinny (organic)

Fruit Oolong Pu-erh Blend
Eleuthero, Ginger, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Orange Peel, Pu Erh Tea
Citrus, Wet Earth, Wood, Citrusy, Ginger, Orange Zest, Orange, Mint, Bitter, Earth
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by canadiangirl798

• “Non-tea related revelation, can skip if desired So I decided, yesterday, randomly in the morning, that I need to do something about how I am living life. I go to work, sit at my desk, eat lunch,...” Read full tasting note
  • “I should probably buy an herbal ginger tea but this is all I’ve got so hopefully it’ll help settle my stomach. :( I was planning to go for a walk today but I just feel like turtling on the couch...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ugh. I seriously need to stop buying so much of my faves all at once. I overindulged in this one awhile back, didn’t want it for a long long time, and recently started drinking it again. Only it...” Read full tasting note
  • “My house has strep throat, and I’m trying to ensure I don’t get it. Though, the last few days I’ve been waking up with mild cold symptoms, hoping I don’t actually have it already! Either way, I’m...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

A Chinese secret

Looking for the next big beauty secret or weight loss trend? Let us give you a hint: try water. It’s true, water is just about the healthiest thing you can put in your body – after all, you’re made out of it. And what better way to jazz water up than with delicious traditional digestives like pu’erh, oolong, ginger and eleuthero root. Go ahead, drink up. The only thing you’ll gain is wisdom. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Chinese oolong tea, Chinese pu’erh tea, ginger, eleuthero root, orange peel. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this from MissB ’s mystery pack and have been saving it(avoiding it) for a time like tonight when I’m not feeling so great. I never would have tried this because of the name but I’m surprised how much I like it. The ginger is what I notice the most and a little citrus. If I don’t find a ginger tea that works for me I would get this to have during those times I don’t want to waste my fun tea.

From DAVIDsTEA website “Looking for the next big beauty secret or weight loss trend? Let us give you a hint: try water….” I thought it was funny.

Cheri

That is pretty funny. I would probably never buy a tea called “The Skinny” just on principle.

Anlina

Same here. I loath the diet industry and how it encourages people to hate their bodies and make unhealthy choices, so I tend to avoid anything that perpetuates that. Still, that blurb is amusing and probably the most honest thing I’ve read on a weight-loss-culture thing in ages.

The first time i tried this, i had it as iced tea. It took a while to get used to its taste. However when i got home and tried it hot, if was absolutely delicious… :)

Flavors: Citrus

A tea to start out a soothing morning with! With the delicious aroma of orange peel definitely present, this tea is one to have to warm your hands on a rainy day. This is the type of tea I crave to reflect and have peace.

Books recommended for this tea: Burned by Ellen Hopkins, The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, Poetic like books.

Flavors: Orange Zest

I wasn’t sure what to think of this tea when I read about it online; pu’erh with oolong? The ginger I could see but the orange? And what in the world is eleuthero root?? But when I got into the store and had a chance to take a quick sniff of it I could see where it all started to come together. The scent was filled with sweet orange notes; under laying that was a bit of spice from the ginger and the earthy notes of the pu’erh. I couldn’t catch much of the oolong but there were a few floral scents hovering in the background that were most likely coming from that. I was really surprised at how the orange and the pur’eh complemented each other, I never would have guessed/thought of that combination.

The steeped liquor came out a deep orange-brown and the scents darkened significantly. The orange was still there and was the highlight of the profile but the earthy (almost loam like) notes from the pur’eh were out in full force. The ginger seemed to serve as a bridge between the two scents, melding them together in a very interesting way. The floral notes from the dry scent are still there but aren’t as noticeable as they were previously.

As for the flavor, this is definitely a pur’eh but it’s not as earthy as others that I’ve had in the past, the oolong (and the rest of the blend) certainly helps to lighten the flavor profile of this base. Like with the scent profile the ginger definitely helps to bridge the pur’ehs loamy flavors with the bright citrus notes from the orange; it also leaves a pleasant tingle in my mouth (I love ginger!) There’s a touch of creaminess that could only be from the oolong and I can definitely get the floral notes on the back end of the sip.

In all I was really surprised by this blend, dark and compelling but with some lovely orange highlights. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s “good for me” too! I can definitely see myself keeping some in my cupboard.

I don’t think I’ve had any pu’erh before, so this is my first one.

I do like the citrus and ginger. The cup doesn’t taste as tangy as I thought it would…which is probably the other stuff that is also there. I think this is a nice well-rounded cup of tea.

4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I really want to like this tea…but it comes across as being rather thin and unpleasantly citrus-y. There’s not much depth of flavour or reason for me to keep drinking it, so down the drain it goes. :/

Ahhhhhh getting behind on reviewing tea. SO. Wife and I ordered Indian for dinner and then ate waaaay too much, so while we were sitting around feeling like zeppelins, she made a pot of this because she is BRILLIANT. This is always the best to drink after a big meal. Sweet but not too sweet, a little bit orange-y and fruity, and really helps with the digestion. My tummy is pleased.

I love you, Skinny!

Seriously this is a real comfort tea for me. I just find it so COSY and it makes me happy. This will be a sad sipdown when the day comes, unless I can find something alternative within the country…

Let the search begin.

A bit boring, but the flavour lasts. It’s the orange peel I don’t like, I think.

I didn’t anticipate liking this tea when I purchased it (I’m not a huge fan of ginger) but somehow it’s become one of my favorites. Love this in the afternoon, it’s clean and soothing.