Tulsi Tranquility

Kosher, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange
205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 16 oz / 473 ml

From DAVIDsTEA

Need to relax? Chill out with this fruity caffeine-free tulsi tea. It’s overflowing with uber calming ingredients like rosehips, rose petals, strawberries and tulsi, aka holy basil – a sweet and aromatic herb thought to relieve anxiety and stress. With its refreshing red berry taste, it’s the perfect blend to reach for when tea hits the fan.

How it tastes:

Refreshing red berry flavour with a sweet herby note from the tulsi

What makes it great:

● Made with tulsi, aka holy basil – a sweet and aromatic herb thought to relieve stress.

● It’s caffeine-free, so you can kick back with a mugful morning, noon and night.

● The perfect blend to sip on when you need to mellow out.

50 g of this tea makes around 10-12 16 oz cups of hot tea and 5-7 16 oz cups of iced tea.

Rosehip shells and seeds, apple, tulsi, hibiscus, red currants, rose petals, raspberries, strawberries, natural flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Holy basil. A bit heavy on stevia.

Arby Advent Day 6
The name of this tea sounds so herby, so I’ve never been tempted to purchase it in any of my DT orders. I’m happy to report that it actually is rather tasty. It tastes like a lightly fruity tulsi blend. The main fruit I feel like I can taste is pineapple, but that’s probably wrong. I’m enjoying it warm and actually totally would order some during a future sale.

In store sample

Of the three samples today, I liked this one most. That said, there was a faint nasty after taste which I suspected was stevia, but the server swore there wasn’t any in the leaf. Odd. I wonder what this tea contains that causes the troublesome after sip.

CrowKettle

Stevia has ruined so many promising teas for me.. Could the off taste be in the “natural flavouring”? Also, this one has basil in it, which is pretty neat.

Roswell Strange

Yeah, no stevia in this one. It could be a flavouring potentially; I believe this natural flavours in this one are currant and strawberry? Or maybe the basil?

Evol Ving Ness

Thanks, Ms. Strange!

Evol Ving Ness

The bewildering aftertaste continues to be a mystery, stevia or not.

Read what Roswell had to say about this one and agree – didn’t really strike me as a “tranquil” blend – it was very much, IMO, a vibrant juice tea. And actually, a pretty decent one at that. I couldn’t pinpoint exactly the flavours I was tasting, but I enjoyed it enough to resteep twice, which is very impressive for an herbal tea! I’m not well-versed in what tulsi tastes like, but nothing stuck out to me so either it blended in well, or the flavour just wasn’t really present. I’d suggest drinking it for being delicious, and ignoring the name.

Not a fan of this one. I’m getting notes of apple, raspberry, and strawberry with a strange peppery taste from the tulsi. It’s like they tried to make a capri-sun inspired tea with a savory element. Bleh (Hope this isn’t in next year’s advent calendar)

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Pepper, Raspberry, Strawberry, Tulsi

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 16 OZ / 473 ML

I bumped up my score a little bit, it’s really starting to grow on me :)

Oh man! This one smells so good and fruity! Tastes fruity and delicious too! I will be buying or redeeming some points towards this one!

#adventageddon Day Seventeen – 5/6

Another one today that I didn’t really love, but I didn’t hate it either. I just think it’s a pretty generic red fruit flavour (maybe leaning a bit more strawberry) without having enough tulsi in it to translate into the taste and warrant the name “Tulsi Tranquility”. I want more basil-y goodness! I did have a few sips where it came through nice and clear though, so that was nice!

tea-sipper

Any suggestions for any good tulsi teas?

Roswell Strange

My favourite was just straight Krishna Tulsi from Terroir Tea Merchant and I’m still living off that supply – but I think they’ve closed shop now :(

Ah okay. Thanks

Shae

I really like Mountain Rose Herbs’ tulsi. They have three different varieties. I’ve only tried the vana variety but I love it.

tea-sipper

oh yeah, I think I’ve tried a couple of teas from Mountain Rose… not sure if it was the tulsi. They were from a traveling teabox.

Shae

They have a good lapsang souchong too, if you’re into that!

Shanie O Maniac

Oh geez, Mountain Rose Herbs. When I was still considering a career in herbalism, I used to spend hours on their website browsing and adding stuff to my cart, only to never actually buy anything. I love their site and their selection of herb, oils, and teas is amazing!

Shae

@Shanie O Maniac – I’m getting into herbalism too! Starting my first course in January.

tea-sipper

I didn’t even think to check if Mountain Rose Herbs was still online – they are!