Bergamot Kisses

Bergamot, Caramel, Chocolate, Milk, Spicy, White Chocolate
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by AJRimmer

From DAVIDsTEA

Spend some quality time with this romantic black tea. It’s got decadent white and dark chocolate, plus silky caramel for a touch of sweetness. Dreamy rosebuds to add a flirty floral pop. And a refreshing hint of citrusy bergamot to keep you on your toes. Rich, chocolaty and delicately rosy, it’s a twist on Earl Grey worth falling for – especially when you try it as a tea latte.

How it tastes

Rich, creamy and decadent chocolate flavour with aromatic notes of citrus and rose

What makes it great

● A romantic twist on the classic bergamot black tea.

● Whip it up as a frothy tea latte and get ready to fall head over heels. .

● The perfect way to treat yourself… or someone else. .

● Limited edition.

50 g of this tea makes around 10-12 16 oz cups of hot tea and 5-7 16 oz cups of iced tea.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve been interested in trying this tea since it initially came out, but always hesitated because of the stevia. I brewed it up this morning while getting ready for work and was met with a strong burst of bergamot and some caramel notes. The first few sips were very enjoyable and I couldn’t taste any stevia. It cooled slightly and I could no longer taste any bergamot, only caramel, chocolate, and the dreaded stevia. I was shocked by how drastically the flavor changed in such a short amount of time.

As with the last two teas I reviewed, I never know what to really expect from David’s Tea. This has definitely turned out to be a dessert/special occasion tea that won’t be used every day.

The bergamot flavour is intense, possibly the most potent of any Earl Grey I’ve tried. I literally cannot taste the black tea though as the blend is so loaded with bold ingredients! The most dominant flavours, aside from the citrus notes, are chocolate, caramel, and milk — very sweet and creamy. Mouth feel is thick, silky, and smooth, with an almost peppermint-like cooling sensation accompanying a spicy bergamot aftertaste. I think this is the perfect tea for people who tend to add milk and sugar to their tea, as it has both of those added already.

Surprisingly, I would order this again, but if anything I’d wait until winter. It’s probably the best hybrid between a hot chocolate and tea that I’ve drunk, can picture sipping it next to the fireplace on a cold evening.

Flavors: Bergamot, Caramel, Chocolate, Milk, Spicy

This tea has a strong, but gentle flavor. It isn’t bitter, but there’s a distinct bite of spice that welcomes you with every sip. I’ll be buying more as this is a very enjoyable tea.

Kittenna

I picked up more of this – it’s a nice twist on an earl grey!

Stopped into DT’s to try samples.

This dry leaf smelled just greaaaaaaat. But steeped, it is just one big stevia OY!

So, sadly, no.

This is a guilty pleasure-type tea for me, as it’s sweetened and delicious. It tastes an awful lot like the Earl’s Valentine, which I presumably have 50g of somewhere, unless the work mice got it (probably not, DT bags are not overly enticing to chew through).

Basically, it’s creamy, sweet, bergamot, with a side of rose (but not too much). I resteeped it twice, and got two additional delicious cups, as it’s quite a strong tea. Recommended if you a) like earl greys and b) are not averse to your tea being sweetened

As I drank this tea, I was comparing it to two others: Cream of Earl Grey and Vanilla Bergamot. Bergamot Kisses is not as good as the former, but better than the latter. For my first cup, I overreacted to a strong bitter flavour in early sips and added too much rock sugar, which wasn’t enjoyable either; for my second cup, I added cream and a little ice, which was nice!

Flavors: Bergamot, White Chocolate

The second new tea that DT released this year for V-Day…

Personally, I wish we had just brought back The Earl’s Valentine/Earl of Chocolate. I appreciate the simplicity of the flavour profile in that tea, and the creaminess of the milk chocolate notes. This one doesn’t taste bad to me, but it does taste more muddled and over complicated in terms of flavour that Earl’s Valentine. You’ve got white chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel pieces, rose, and papaya and of course bergamot- so it IS rich/decadent; but it’s also just a lot of competing flavour notes. I wish we had scaled back on one or two ingredients, just to focus the flavour a little more. Like, white chocolate/caramel/papaya EG could have been nice, if we wanted something different than Earl’s Valentine!?

I’m probably gonna give this tea one more crack, as a latte – just to give it a fair shake. However, I’m not overly in love with this one.