Wild Honey Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Floral, Honey, Honeysuckle
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “Sipdown (290) I was really sad finishing this off in today’s mixed berry smoothie until I realized it is back on the DAVIDsTEA website. I have really enjoyed this one and so it will be one I am...” Read full tasting note
  • “As I mentioned for the Peach Matcha, this one had a weirdly artificial scent from the bag. The scent disappeared (or was muted?) after brewing though. I’m not sure if it was the smell of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Matcha topped popcorn! I’ve been craving “Sweet Popcorn” lately, which I’m pretty sure is a flavour of popcorn that used to be carried by Orville Redenbacher years and years ago that isn’t produced...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Unleash your flower power with this deliciously floral matcha green tea. Dripping with wildflower honey flavour and the freshness of energizing stone-ground green tea, this sweet and fragrant matcha powder is like sipping a spring day. Whether you try it hot, iced or as a tasty green tea latte, it’s pretty much guaranteed to put some pep in your step.

How it tastes:

Floral with sweet honey notes and a touch of astringency and freshness from the matcha

What makes it great:

● Perfect for matcha newbies!

● Matcha is antioxidant-rich green tea powder that is packed with detoxifying and energizing health benefits.

● Delicious hot, iced or as a floral green tea latte.

50 g of this matcha makes around 4-5 16 oz cups of hot/iced tea or 4-5 hot/iced tea lattes.

Cane sugar, matcha green tea, natural wildflower honey flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Sipdown (290)

I was really sad finishing this off in today’s mixed berry smoothie until I realized it is back on the DAVIDsTEA website. I have really enjoyed this one and so it will be one I am repurchasing sometime soon most likely.

The smoothie today is really good. The honey flavor is coming through so strongly but not overwhelming the berry flavor. To me, it’s as if someone drizzled honey over berry coulis since it doesn’t have the tartness of mixed berries but does have the flavors.

Roswell Strange

It was brought back with the Bee The Change campaign :) Also, I can’t remember what your thoughts are re: lavender, but the Lavender Honey is pretty similar to this one – same honey flavouring in the two.

VariaTEA

Not a fan of lavender so thankfully I can grab more of this one

As I mentioned for the Peach Matcha, this one had a weirdly artificial scent from the bag. The scent disappeared (or was muted?) after brewing though. I’m not sure if it was the smell of concentrated flavouring, or the DT bags, or?? Anyhow, this was reasonably tasty. Did have a honey-ish profile, and blended quite nicely into hot water without much effort on my part. I think I prefer fruity matchas, but this was certainly worth the try.

Matcha topped popcorn!

I’ve been craving “Sweet Popcorn” lately, which I’m pretty sure is a flavour of popcorn that used to be carried by Orville Redenbacher years and years ago that isn’t produced anymore. I remember that when I tried it I must have been like 13, and it came in a box of mixed flavours of instant popcorn along with a DVD that had single episodes of various TV shows; House, Monk, etc…

It’s weird how the brain works; I tried this flavour ONCE like ten years ago and suddenly my body (for over a week now) has been like “Yo, WE. NEED. THIS.” What even is that!?

Well, since I can’t find it I tried to do the next best thing – make my own sweet popcorn! So, I made a bag of Orville Redenbacher instant popcorn and topped it with this matcha, which is basically just like a sweet honey flavour. That’s kind of Sweet Pop, right!? Well, it was tasty but not exactly like the flavour that I have locked into my mind.

Darnit, brain!

Mastress Alita

I remember the sweet popcorn! That stuff was good…

ashmanra

Was it Kettle Corn? Thats what they sold here and it was Orville Redenbacher. I think there was also a Kernel Seasons topping by that name.

Roswell Strange

I don’t believe so; I could be wrong since it was a considerable amount of time ago but I distinctly remember the name “Sweet Pop”. Maybe I’ll take a look for that name anyway though, just to see…