Miami Melon

Caffeine Free
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

Get this through your melon: This crushable caffeine-free fruit infusion might be our most melony tea ever. Bursting with juicy watermelon, sweet honeydew and tart hibiscus, it’s the kind of blend that keeps the party going, without keeping you up all night. Serve it on ice for a pink iced tea that’s refreshing on every level.

How it tastes:

Sweet mouthwatering melon flavour with a refreshing hint of tartness

What makes it great:

● Makes a rockin’ iced tea or iced tea lemonade.

● This caffeine-free fruit infusion is a thirstquenching treat kids will go nuts for.

● Steeps bright pink!

50 g of this tea makes around 10-12 16 oz cups of hot tea and 5-7 16 oz cups of iced tea.

Apple, pineapple (pineapple, sugar), melon (melon, sugar, citric acid), mango (mango, sugar), hibiscus, carrot, artificial melon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thanks so much, AJRimmer!  I should have saved my sample for summer – this was refreshing!  Certainly melon flavor and very sweet while not being cloying.  The description includes hibiscus but the resulting brew is almost clear – not even a hint of pink.  I like this odd mix of fruits.  The result is quite pleasant and unique. The melon is definitely in the front seat. The second steep was just as strong in flavor.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 14 minutes after boiling // 3-4 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled  // many minute steep
2019 Sipdowns: 81

So I was able to order a handful of Davidsteas that I wanted and that is my cyber monday tea ordering for the year. I tried doing a second order for a handful of teas but they were giving me “risk management” alerts for the rest of the day. Maybe the risk management should start at three orders? So I missed some other teas (including this one) and the birch mug but I ordered some teas that I really wanted anyway.

Edited to add: And when I mention risk management it sounds like I ordered a ton of teas… I promise, it was only a few. The total was $18! So it is odd that Davids has this policy on two orders, especially if the first order wasn’t that much.

Flavors: Melon

Dustin

I was quite tempted by their Cyber Monday sale. Almost bought a 4th advent because it had a big discount, but I managed to restrain myself and walked away from my computer before making a purchase. I feel like a risk management tea app might be a good addition to my computer to help keep buying in check!

tea-sipper

Yeah, it’s probably better that David’s didn’t let me purchase a second time. haha

DavidsTEA has some tasty melon teas, so I had to order this new one. It’s a nice melon flavor with just a bit of artificiality at the end. When it’s cold, sometimes it’s super pleasant – like a melon candy. Other times it tastes like plastic. I would rate this really highly if it were more consistent! The plastic flavor is somewhat unpleasant though.

This may smell the most melony of any DT fruit blend I’ve had. Though it’s possible my memory just isn’t great. Anyhow, I actually rather enjoyed this tea. It’s heavily melon, leaning in the watermelon direction, and has a distinct honey sweetness as well, which is unique to a melon blend as far as I can remember. It makes for quite a nice, refreshing cup, and would probably be excellent chilled, as I imagine the honey flavour would make it seem sweeter than it actually is.

In store sample.

Off the top of my head, I think I prefer previous DTs melon blends.

This is the only other new tea that came out today – the other four that dropped (Mango Fruit Punch, Gaba Guava, Orange Passionfruit, and my baby Tropicalia) are all returning teas so I’m not going to pop up tasting notes for those ones – I should have plenty for all of them, and they’re all really nice teas IMO.

This one is, I think, going to be a little bit polarizing. Personally I wish we would stop putting out new melon teas – we have a TON of past melon teas that we could pull from instead and I don’t really think that this new blend offers anything that prior ones couldn’t. Luscious Watermelon, Watermelon Mint, Melon Drop, Cantaloupe Ice, Honey I Dew, Honeydew Mate, Melon Cooler, Sour Watermelon – there are a TON. If I had to pick one that I think this tea is most similar to, I’d say Melon Cooler – it’s got that same watermelon-y note that’s also still just a little bit generic enough to pass as other types of melon. Also fairly artificial, in my opinion. Though, it’s quite hard to find a good watermelon flavouring that’s also natural – so I’ll give it a pass on being artificial.

I’ve had this iced and hot, iced is definitely better but I didn’t love either one. The dry leaf aroma is hard for me to get over – like Melon Cooler I find it almost smells like gasoline to me? That doesn’t translate to the taste at least, which is a big win.

As with all our melon teas, I know that there will be a lot of people who love this. Melon teas are great, and I’m really happy that they seem to always find a place in our summer collection! I just wish that some of the previous ones which have been so well received would make a return instead…

Izzy

I’ve noticed that before too – some melon flavoured things do smell really similar to gasoline/petrol, especially artificial watermelon ice lollies in my experience. Is it weird that I kind of like that? :)