Lavender Buttercream

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “I expected to like this more than I did, and bought 24g expecting so. Strangely, though, I wasn’t a big fan. It was okay, but something in it is throwing me off – perhaps it’s the sugar, pineapple,...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was feeling a bit adventurous when I placed this in my cart during the 20% promo code window. It’s definitely a dessert blend, but, unfortunately, I don’t get much of a buttery or a buttercream...” Read full tasting note
  • “I am a big fan of floral teas (and floral desserts in general) – the more jasmine, rose, or lavender flavor, the better. I’m also someone who doesn’t add extra sugar to their tea. Lavender...” Read full tasting note
  • “The ear infection update that no one asked for: I’ve basically just been sleeping all day, which may or may not be good? At least when I’m sleeping I’m not focused in on the pair or discomfort....” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

lavender buttercream
ROOIBOS
Caffeine-free
Free seasonal tin with 100 g of tea purchase

$8.98
ADD TO CART
Dessert is served! Sweet, creamy and laced with aromatic lavender, this decadent caffeine-free rooibos tea tastes just like a slice of vanilla cake with floral buttercream frosting. Sound delicious? Kick it up a notch by whipping it into a frothy iced latte, then pair it with your fave sponge cake for the ultimate sweet treat.

Rooibos, rosehips, candied pineapple (pineapple, sugar), sugar, apple, lavender, natural flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I expected to like this more than I did, and bought 24g expecting so. Strangely, though, I wasn’t a big fan. It was okay, but something in it is throwing me off – perhaps it’s the sugar, pineapple, apple? Or maybe the rosehips? I don’t believe it’s the rooibos. Either way, it is not the decadent treat I was looking for; there are flavours present that I don’t want. I really think my lavender tea sweet spot is with a nice, flavourful white tea, or in a lightly flavoured earl grey, or that one tea that is a black/rooibos mix with lavender and caramel.

Not a bad tea, just not what I’d envisioned when I heard “Lavender Buttercream” (I tasted zero buttercream, fwiw.) I’m curious whether I like this or Lavender Swirl better… it has been too long since having the latter for me to remember.

tea-sipper

“black/rooibos mix with lavender and caramel” I’d love to know which tea that is?

I was feeling a bit adventurous when I placed this in my cart during the 20% promo code window. It’s definitely a dessert blend, but, unfortunately, I don’t get much of a buttery or a buttercream note. It’s sort of tastes like someone added a vanilla bean and some lavender flowers to a sugar jar, waited a week or so, and then sprinkled the sugar over some sliced apples. It’s pleasant. I imagine if you enjoy floral teas and are looking for a nice comforting cuppa at the end of a long day, this would be fairly enjoyable. It’s not something I’d stock up on, but I’m glad I gave it a try.

Flavors: Apple, Lavender, Vanilla

I am a big fan of floral teas (and floral desserts in general) – the more jasmine, rose, or lavender flavor, the better. I’m also someone who doesn’t add extra sugar to their tea. Lavender Buttercream is both not lavender-y enough for me and too sweet for me, with its big lumps of sugar crystals in the mix. My first few sips of this, I actually recoiled at the lingering, chemical sweetener taste that it leaves in the mouth. I like it much better cold than hot, for some reason, as that aftertaste seems to dissipate quite a bit when it’s cold. It’s sort of like birthday cake and buttercream frosting, but with the taste of dye and chemical something amped way up in that frosting. The lavender is a barely there afterthought, just a hint of floral. I prefer their regular Birthday Cake tea.

The ear infection update that no one asked for:

I’ve basically just been sleeping all day, which may or may not be good? At least when I’m sleeping I’m not focused in on the pair or discomfort. Plus, I just woke up from a forty minute nap and for the first time in over 24 hours I was able to comfortably bite down fully, which must mean that some of the pressure and inflammation is going down – right!? I still can’t hear like anything from that side of my head though, and it’s still very tender to the touch. Time to pop another advil, and get another warm compress going I think…

ANYWAY – drank this tea last night, because lavender is soothing right!? That was my thought process anyway. I don’t think any tea would have been able to help me sleep through the night – I was in too much discomfort. However, it tasted really pleasant so at least I still got that.

Leafhopper

I had an ear infection a few years ago and it was miserable. Hope you feel better soon!