Eucalyptus Mist

Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

How it tastes
Cooling notes of eucalyptus and peppermint mingle with the gentle freshness of cucumber and sweet aloe

The perfect way to hit refresh. Escape to the spa with this aromatic & uplifting green tea. We reimagined the cooling eucalyptus & peppermint combination and added cucumber and sweet aloe vera for a blend that’s oh-so-soothing. The only thing left to do? Swap the wine glass for a mug, draw a hot bath and let its relaxing aromas take you to your happy place.

Candied aloe vera (aloe vera, sugar), Dates (dates, rice flour), Green tea (Sencha), Eucalyptus, Cucumber, Licorice root, Natural (eucalyptus, aloe vera) flavouring, Peppermint, Cornflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is the tea in the most recent collection that I was most excited for. I’m interested in Blood Orange Boost and Lady Chaga, but the stevia scared me away. I’ll have to wait until I eventually get back into a store to try a small quantity. This tea is beautiful, big pieces of cucumber, and nice chunks of candied aloe (both of which I tasted…the cucumber wasn’t great, but the candied aloe was very tasty). Eucalyptus Mist is an appropriate name for this tea. It’s mostly eucalyptus and peppermint, with a mild cucumber freshness. It’s really nice, and would be great iced in the summer, with some added cucumber slices.

Flavors: Cucumber, Eucalyptus, Peppermint

Another new one from the Rest/Recharge collection; this one is only in select stores and online so it might not be easily accessible to everyone…

This is kind of intended to have sort of loose spa vibes, with the cucumbers and an ingredient set that sort of replicates the feeling of all those lovely spa aromas that kind of make your sinuses clear up and cause you to feel really refreshed. A sort of “breath deep and relax” kind of motif; very self care oriented for this idea of refreshing/recharging sometimes meaning destressing and taking it easy/relaxing to some people.

I don’t mind this blend at all, I think it has a similar creamy aloe note that Dragonfruit Aloe has (which makes sense because they use the same large aloe vera pieces) but that’s more of an undertone. I’d say the main flavour is a cooling combination of eucalyptus and peppermint; think “Cold 911” but much less intense/harsh. It’s also got a nice refreshing vegetal finish from the cucumber. I could drink this one pretty easily, and I feel like I’m getting the intended elements if the goal is to make me feel refreshed.

However, that said, I find it so comparable to other DT blends – Cold 911, Cool Cucumber, and Cool Eucalyptus in particular. Sadly, in the case of all of those teas, I prefer all of them to this tea – though this is still nice. Do I need to mix another tea into my already large assortment when I have other comparable teas more easily available? Probably not.

Though, Cool Cucumber is long since gone so if you were really into that tea then I would maybe suggest giving this one a shot? They do have some interesting flavour overlap, though they aren’t identical.