Elderflower Oolong

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

Add a touch of sophistication to your iced tea ritual with this fruity & floral tea. With a delicate mix of bright citrus, red berry, refreshingly floral oolong tea and lingering elderflower notes, it’s like the perfect sweet lemonade with a hint of spring flowers. Just the thing to serve at your next tea party, picnic or garden soiree.

Candied pineapple (pineapple, sugar), Apple pieces (apple, citric acid), Oolong tea, Hibiscus blossoms, Elderberries, Sweet blackberry leaves, Natural (elderflower citrus, strawberry) flavouring, Orange peel, Strawberries, Elderflower.

How it tastes
Sweet lemon balanced by ripe red berry, lingering floral notes and a refreshing finish

The delicate base of floral green oolong plays up the sweet & floral flavours in the elderflowers – without making the blend overly aromatic.

The citrus adds a brightness that’s lively, fresh and will invigorate your senses.

Refreshing hot or iced.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love elderflower beverages- they’re light and refreshing, uniquely floral and a bit fruity. I also tend to gravitate towards oolongs. So, I was very excited to see this tea being released. I got this one, along with some of the new matchas, in my most recent DavidsTea order. I brewed this hot, with nothing added. It smells nice and light, and does remind me of elderflower. However, the flavor is a bit too abrasive. The hibiscus seems a bit unnecessary in this blend, as it makes the flavor too intense. Overall, it’s okay hot, and a bit better iced. But, not exactly what I was hoping for, and not something I need to repurchase.

One of the Spring/Summer teas that came out today, which means it’ll be around a little longer than your typical limited edition tea…

This blend went through a lot of revisions before it reached its final form and was launched. Initially, it was a kombucha inspired blend and from there is sort of became more of the berry and lemonade inspired tea you see now. I personally think the name leads you to think the tea is something it’s not though – based on “Elderflower Oolong” I would personally picture a more simple and very overly floral forward blend, perhaps something like a Rose Oolong or jasmine scented tea? In reality, this is very fruity and fresh and the floral taste is a lot minor and more in the undertones of the tea. It’s sweet and slightly tart, with a defined lemon note, more generic red berry taste, and a pleasant, sweet floral/elderflower undertone throughout the sip. Good iced; but I actually prefer it hot. It reminds me a lot of Electric Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, Rainbow Lemonade (all the lemonade teas, really…), and Strawberry Moringa so I would recommend it for fans of those teas.

If you know my tastes well at all, you also probably know that I generally like basically all of the teas I just listed but none of them are cupboard staples for me – and so for that reason I didn’t grab any of this one for myself. However, I think it’s a nice addition to the oolong category and despite the name it’s not all that flora – so if fruity is more your thing I’d give it a try!