Strawbearry Gummy

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From DAVIDsTEA

We teamed up with our friends at SQUISH Candies to bring you what’s essentially liquid candy. This yummy & boo-tiful caffeine-free blend is filled with large chunks of strawberry, pinapple & red hibiscus. The pièce de résistance? Mini gummy bears made with real fruit juice. This is no trick. We legit added tiny red, yellow, green & white gummies bears. Trick or treat!

What makes it great

This blend is a bright strawberry colour with a rich tropical strawberry aroma

It’s caffeine-free, which makes it extra great for kids

A tasty collab featuring Mini Rainbow Bears by SQUISH

Candied pineapple (pineapple, sugar), Hibiscus blossoms, Gummy bears (glucose syrup, sugar, gelatine, citric acid, fruit juice concentrate (apple, pear, grape, peach), flavour, natural extracts for colouring (black currant, black carrot, turmeric, paprika), blue 1, white beewax, yellow beewax, carnauba wax), Apple, Candied papaya (papaya, sugar), Elderberries, Beetroot, Carrot, Natural strawberry flavouring, Strawberries.

How it tastes

Sweet & aromatic strawberry flavour with supporting creamy notes of pineapple – like a piña colada with strawberries.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Used my sister to help me randomly pick a tea. I was really warm in the house for some reason so I wanted something iced. And when I think iced and cooling, I think fruity. So it worked out pretty well that my sister’s numbers ended up randomly selecting this tea.

My bag of this had a bunch of gummies. I noticed at least one green, one red, and one orange one in the mix for this tea alone. I made it in a teabag given the gummies can be annoying to get off filters. I was worried that would throw off the flavor a bit but this tea still has awesome jammy strawberry notes. Plus, a touch of gummy bear sweetness.

Silent Kettle

I’m curious, does this tea have a jello-like feel or consistency because of the gummies? :O

VariaTEA

Not that I recall.

12032 tasting notes

had this one again. the first time i tried it, i was not impressed….this time it was ok. So i’ll try it a third time and see what happens. lol

New Halloween teas!

My turnaround time for tasting notes from new tea launches is usually a little bit better than this, but I guess sometimes life is just busy and things take time! The two new teas for this Halloween are joined by a few returning favourites, like Stormy Night, but as always my focus is on the NEW blends because I already have tasting notes for the other teas.

I don’t really know how much there is to say for this year’s collection, honestly. Both teas are themed around different types of gummy candies – in this case gummy bears – and I feel like it’s a really fun return to the childhood roots of Halloween. Y’know, trick or treating as a small child and getting massive pillow cases full little snack sizes of your favourite candies and chocolate bars and, if you were really lucky, occasionally scoring full size candy bars and cans of soda! Normally I don’t love candy in tea, but for a Halloween collection I’m actually really into the idea! I think it’s perfectly on theme and, to be honest, sort of a direct response to a lot of the feedback from last year’s collection which was that it was “too serious” or “too wellness focused” and just not fun enough…

As long time Steepster friends know, I fucking love Halloween! The first year after I moved out of my parent’s house I went FULL BLOWN crazy for Halloween and decked out my front yard with TONS of decorations and was the house on my block that gave away full size candy bars, cans of pop, and handfuls of candy. You came to my house and you left with a bag a few pounds heavier than when you arrived. In the years since, I haven’t been able to go as all out because I’ve lived in condo or apartment buildings & there’s no one trick or treating in them. So this is nostalgic for me, big time.

As far as the taste of the tea goes – it’s really straight forward, honestly. Very sweet and flavourful juicy strawberry with a hint of tartness from the apple and hibiscus that support the flavour profile. Think Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, minus the rhubarb and the parfait. The flavour will have some VERY SLIGHT variation depending on the gummy bears you get in the cup because they all have their own unique flavour – my favourite ones are the blue ones and the yellow. The yellow has a sort of banana flavour and I’ve dreamed of DT having a strawberry banana tea for ages now so I’ve definitely loaded up yellow bears into a steeped to try and achieve that flavour profile. It kind of works.

I guess the only things left to say are sort of the two main questions I’ve seen since this collection launched: the first is how many gummies are in the tea and the second is whether they clog the steeped/don’t dissolve well.

To answer the first, I think there’s a fairy substantial amount in this blend. Easily enough, if you get a 50g bag, for there to be one in each spoon of tea. I don’t know if this is just luck of the draw with the bag that I have, but I’ve noticed more red gummy bears than any other colour. They should be evenly dispersed throughout the bag though!? I guess that does sometimes happen with bags of candy though where you randomly get more of one colour than the others.

To answer the second, the gummy bears dissolve pretty well – especially if you tack on a couple extra minutes of steep time. However, if you want to be extra cautious I would just advise steeping in a fill your own sachet or washing your steeper of choice immediately after brewing. If they don’t melt entirely and then re-solidify it’s a pretty big pain cleaning them out after.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this blend uses gummies from Squish!

AJRimmer

Aw man, this one sounds good! It’s a bummer the gummies contain gelatin, but I bet if they used vegan ones, they wouldn’t dissolve as well. I know I’ve eaten many an overly firm gummy over the years!

Leafhopper

I’m sure you made lots of kids very happy by giving out those full-sized chocolate bars. I used to make a beeline for the house that did it when I went trick or treating!

Martin Bednář

What a coincidence I am eating a few of gummy bears (from Czech Pedro company) :)
But Tutti Frutti flavour of them isn’t the best.

i wish they wouldn’t put candy in the blends….more weight, and the tea is already more expensive