Coconut Cream Pie Chai

Black Chai Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Sugar
Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Creamy, Spices, Sugar, Sweet, Roasted, Spicy, Toasty, Cream, Ginger
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I got my recent small order from Deb today, and this was one of the free samples that she selected. I’ve actually been enjoying chai more lately, probably because of the season changing, so I was...” Read full tasting note
  • “I love this one as a stove-top latte! :) The toasted coconut in this is so yummy. I some times pick out the toasted coconut bits and eat them plain while waiting for my tea to boil, lol. With this...” Read full tasting note
  • “Following the advice VariaTEA gave when sending this sample and having it as a latte today! It’s something I don’t normally do, so it’s extra fun for a change. The coconut blends into the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve never actually had coconut cream pie but it’s always been intriguing to me. However, I have had coconut milk and other coconut cream things and this chai is a nice take on that flavor. I had...” Read full tasting note

From Dessert by Deb

A winter tea collection just wouldn’t be complete without a delicious chai! And of course, I Deb-ify it by creating a dessert chai for coconut lovers like myself and others alike: Coconut Cream Pie Chai! A little spice, a little sweetness, a little cream pie creaminess just waiting to be hit with some milk and honey. Curl up under a blanket with a good book and enjoy a cuppa hot chai with a dessert twist.

Certified organic ingredients: Black Tea, Coconut, Toasted Coconut, Ginger, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Palm Sugar

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 212F for 4-6 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

I got my recent small order from Deb today, and this was one of the free samples that she selected. I’ve actually been enjoying chai more lately, probably because of the season changing, so I was interested to see it. I’m not the biggest coconut fan, but I do enjoy it as a supporting flavor.

Overall though, this is a bit thin for me. I do enjoy the coconut combined with the cinnamon and cardamom, and it is a creamier coconut so it does remind me of coconut cream pie. But overall it’s a bit weak, and I know if I use more leaf, it’ll be too sweet because of the added sugar.

I would maybe consider ordering this if it didn’t have sugar in it.

Flavors: Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coconut, Creamy, Spices, Sugar, Sweet

Evol Ving Ness

No idea why tea blends contain added sugar, aside from making teas heavier and more costly.

With this tea, I mostly taste delicious coconut, cardamon (which Deb uses generously!), and a slight bit of ginger. I taste little cinnamon in here, but that is okay, because this tea is lovely as is.

Flavors: Cardamom, Coconut, Cream, Creamy, Ginger, Spices

Following the advice VariaTEA gave when sending this sample and having it as a latte today! It’s something I don’t normally do, so it’s extra fun for a change. The coconut blends into the creaminess of the milk and almost disappears, but comes back out in the finish. The sip is filled with a nice mixture of warming spices that merge at the start of the finish with the coconut. Migraine meds have kicked in so I’m extra enjoying this cup and the feeling of relaxation. Today makes day 5 of migraines which is a new record for me! :( These DBD teas, especially the spiced ones, have a certain flavor profile or mix that I’m starting to associate with this brand. It’s almost like there is a little bit of ginseng mixed in, which I think I have mentioned in other DBD tasting notes. I’m quickly nearing the bottom of my cup and am wondering if I can get a second steeping out of this or if I’ll have to use the last of the sample to get another round. This cup was so soothing!

Mastress Alita

Chronic migraineur here, I know those feels. Mine has finally broken after two days (abortive meds failed). Hope you are feeling better soon!

I’ve never actually had coconut cream pie but it’s always been intriguing to me. However, I have had coconut milk and other coconut cream things and this chai is a nice take on that flavor. I had it as a latte today and while it doesn’t scream chai because of the spices, it makes for one good latte. I’m rethinking the “not getting more of this” part of my last note.

Courtney

Coconut cream pie is divine. We once drove Calgary to Seattle in one day and our one stop was at the Chilliwack airport for their incredible coconut cream pie haha!