Jasmine Rainbow Punch

Green Tea
Apple, Calendula Petals, Green Tea, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Orange, Orange Peel, Rose Hips
Apple, Floral, Fruity, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Orange, Sweet, Tart, Mineral, Fruit Punch, Berry
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “I dislike jasmine…thankfully this one was super light…sort of reminded me of “punch” but was also a little bitter. Another sample from VariaTEA. Love sharing teas even if they aren’t always wins!” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! (23 | 300) So I do quite enjoy this one. The jasmine could be a bit stronger IMO, as I only really get a hint of it currently. I like the level of hibiscus, it adds a nice gentle...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tea Pop Sipdown (333) I don’t like jasmine so I would never pick this for myself. With that said, Deb was kind enough to send this as a sample so I decided to give it a try anyways. I wanted a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Hot this tastes meh, but I guess that it is because it is not meant to be had as a hot tea. However when I cold brewed this for a few hours in my tea pot, it tastes exactly like an unsweetened...” Read full tasting note

From Dessert by Deb

“Red and yellow and pink and green!”

Does anyone else remember learning and singing the rainbow song when they were kids? Yes, no, maybe?! Maybe just me? Either way, it’s a fun song and you’ll have all sorts of fun steeping this amazingly fruity jasmine tea! I wanted to create a colourful green tea blend that was fruity all the way but with a hit of oomph: enter jasmine!

Bursting with a rainbow of fruitiness – oranges, apple, hibiscus, and rosehips – this blend steeps like a dream as an iced tea and the beautiful floral jasmine notes come through giving this fruit punch a one of a kind deliciousness you’ll be enjoying well past summer.

Certified organic ingredients: green tea, jasmine, apple, hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, oranges, calendula petals

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 200F for 4-5 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

Sipdown! (23 | 300)

So I do quite enjoy this one. The jasmine could be a bit stronger IMO, as I only really get a hint of it currently. I like the level of hibiscus, it adds a nice gentle tartness without being sour. It’s honestly hard to tell if I’m getting orange because of the hibiscus, and I really like Deb’s orange teas, so maybe a bit more orange would be nice as well. I do taste the familiar acrid sort of tartness of dried apple.

I will say this tea requires overleafing, as I think most of her teas do (because there’s no flavoring), otherwise it tastes like bland, slightly hibiscus-flavored water. With a bit more leaf, it does remind me of a tarter fruit punch with a hint of jasmine.

I don’t think this blend is around anymore unfortunately, not sure if it’ll come back for summer or if it’s just gone for good…

(P.S. – Yay, 300 sipdowns for the year so far! \o/)

Flavors: Apple, Floral, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Tart

Tiffany :)

Congrats on 300, are you doing it per package or when the tea is completely of your stash? PS 2 notes ago you said 299, then last note said sipdown with no number, then this one said 300 so I’m not sure if this is 300 or 301?

Cameron B.

It sort of depends ha ha. If I have multiple full-sized packages, I count each one separately. But for wrapped teabags and Teavivre samples (which are usually in pairs) I count all as one sipdown.

The white2tea coins were never added to my cupboard and I didn’t really want to bother doing it now, so that’s why I haven’t been including them in my count.

Tiffany :)

Ah, that’s fine about the white2tea coins, just wanted to let you know I’m paying attention and didn’t want any tea to not get credit! haha I know with teas since I write my notes in a similar format I’m always checking to make sure everything gets it’s due. :)

Do you have a specific goal for the year of totals? I’m generally counting each time a package/tea bag/sample/etc. is finished so I’ll have a trillion tasting notes at the end of my lifetime is steepster makes it that long! But I have recently being drinking/finding in my stash boxes of tea bags and think I need to make them per box instead of each cuppa. I don’t know. I guess whatever system works for each person.

Sorry for the ramble like usual. Hope you are having a good Tuesday morning Cameron!

Cameron B.

My goal so far has been to get two sipdowns in per day, though I’m a bit behind this month. And you’re completely right that counting sipdowns is totally subjective and whatever works best for you is the right way to go.

Tea Pop Sipdown (333)

I don’t like jasmine so I would never pick this for myself. With that said, Deb was kind enough to send this as a sample so I decided to give it a try anyways. I wanted a teapop and this seemed like it could work. It did not work though. It’s like fruity potpourri. And specifically hibiscus tartness and drying jasmine. Sometimes I get orange but that doesn’t help much. It’s a no for me, but that’s probably just my personal tastes.

Silent Kettle

To be honest, I wasn’t the biggest fan of this tea either. I think the hibiscus made it a bit too drying for me as well! I could off balance it by adding a lot of sugar, lol! I prefer her orange creamsicle mousse as an iced tea personally.

VariaTEA

I have Orange Creamsicle Mousse and I don’t love that much either though it is better cold.

gross…

Hot this tastes meh, but I guess that it is because it is not meant to be had as a hot tea. However when I cold brewed this for a few hours in my tea pot, it tastes exactly like an unsweetened rainbow punch. I was a bit nervous it would be tart because of the hibiscus, but I think the hibiscus is just there to give it a bright, fruit punch colour. I do not taste the green tea base at all with this one (hot or cold). It mostly tastes like an unsweetened fruit punch.

Flavors: Berry, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Hibiscus

Iced 8 min or more

Geek Steep S1E11 – Shera and The Princesses of Power

I’m a few days late posting podcast tasting notes, but sometimes life is busy. This week on the podcast we talked about the first season of Shera and The Princesses of Power, which is something I’ve alluded to with other tasting notes for some Shera fandom blends I purchased from Adagio after we had finished recording this episode…

As is most likely very clear from those tasting notes, I became a MASSIVE fan of the series. However, this actually wasn’t one of my fandom choices – it was Marika’s, and I just ended up falling fast first in my love for it – clumsily but all at once.

I picked this tea for my tea to drink during the recording – I had sort of already found my “perfect pairing” during my watch of the series and this tea doesn’t really fit into it, but I liked the wordplay of the name – it sounds really fitting/appropriate for the first season of the show. Jasmine for all the nature and magic of the world, rainbow for the inclusivity of the characters and happy uplifting feeling of the series, and punch for the action! It’s Marika’s ideology that she used way back in our first episode (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) for her Blood Orange Boost pairing…

And, it’s a nice tea – though I don’t think really my kind of tea. It’s really more of a jasmine green tea than anything else and while I’m not surprised by the precense of those flavours (y’know, given the name) I guess I was just hoping for a bit more of a punchy red fruit flavours – sort of “Hawaiian Punch” style. I feel like those kind of dense red fruits could actually feel really elevated by a touch of fresh and floral jasmine – it’s just the right kind of nuance to really class up that more basic flavour.

As it stands, this is jasmine first (but a really nice jasmine) with subtle nods to orange and raspberry – more soft and soothing than punchy.

Our Website: https://www.geeksteep.com/
Our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/geeksteep/

Listen to us on Buzzsprout:

DB topic:

If you want to get caught up on the Geek of The Week for next Thursday, the spoiler for our explored fandom is at the bottom of our latest DB post!