Maple Butter Shortbread

Black Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Black Tea, Calendula Petals, Maple Crystals, Sugar
Butter, Cookie, Flowers, Malt, Maple, Maple Syrup, Rooibos, Brown Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Butterscotch, Caramel, Sweet, Wood, Earth, Sugar, Tannic
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Just finished up the last of this tea. It was delicious. I have not had many black tea/ rooibos blends, but I really enjoyed how those two distinct flavors mingled together. Needed sugar to get...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! (9 | 407) Not a big fan of this one. It’s mostly just sweet with a bit of a buttery caramel thing going on. And I get that it’s supposed to be buttery and maple-y, but to me the sugar is...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had this one with nothing added to it! :) This is a beautiful tea! I think Deb coated the apples in maple sugar, which makes them sparkle and almost look like they have glitter on them. This tea...” Read full tasting note

From Dessert by Deb

What’s better than a crumbly, buttery, decadent shortbread cookie? A lusicous MAPLE buttery shortbread cookie! The sweet taste of maple will delight your tastebuds in this black and rooibos tea infusion. With warm notes of maple syrup and vanilla, this blend is oh-so-good as a latte and the epitome of tea and cookie comfort!

Certified organic ingredients: Black Tea, Maple Syrup, Canadian Maple, Rooibos, Vanilla, Apple, Palm Sugar, Calendula Petals

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

Just finished up the last of this tea. It was delicious. I have not had many black tea/ rooibos blends, but I really enjoyed how those two distinct flavors mingled together. Needed sugar to get that real Maple Syrup taste, but overall this is one of my favorite teas from Deb.

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Flowers, Malt, Maple, Maple Syrup, Rooibos

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Sipdown! (9 | 407)

Not a big fan of this one. It’s mostly just sweet with a bit of a buttery caramel thing going on. And I get that it’s supposed to be buttery and maple-y, but to me the sugar is overwhelming, and the base is too thin to support it. I also get the tannic notes of the black tea, but none of its redeeming qualities…

Not for me! :)

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Caramel, Earth, Maple, Sugar, Sweet, Tannic, Wood

Evol Ving Ness

Dessert by Deb has such great names for teas. Sadly, the teas don’t seem to measure up. Perhaps one day they will.

Cameron B.

Yeah I haven’t found many hits, but I still feel compelled to try them all… XD

Evol Ving Ness

Funny how that happens. :)

This tea smells like maple and rooibos! The rooibos note is quite strong, smell-wise in this one. It brews up to a lovely dark orange brown (looks exactly like maple syrup!).

As far as taste goes, this tastes like maple syrup! Which I adore! :) I also get the dry, grainy texture from the rooibos, which is not unpalatable by any means, but not my favourite. This also does not need any sugar or anything! It tastes sweet as is.

Overall, I enjoyed this tea. However, I think I rated this lower because I am not the biggest fan of red rooibos. If it is in a blend, then I prefer not to taste it.

I like this one, but I much preferred Deb’s, jolly jammy linzer tea (however, it has been discontinued sadly!)

Flavors: Maple, Maple Syrup, Rooibos