Strawberry Cake Roll

Fruit Green Blend
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

1 Tasting Note View all

From Dessert by Deb

An Asian patisserie, sweet shop, and bakery isn’t complete without the light, dainty, sweet, and creamy roll cake! And few things are quite as classic as a strawberry sponge. This green tea blend bursting with strawberry, raspberry, and sweet coconut and maple will take your tastebuds on a ride to dessert heaven.

Certified organic ingredients: Green Tea, Strawberry & Papaya Pieces, Natural Strawberry Flavour, Coconut, Canadian Maple, Freeze-Dried Raspberries

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 200F for 4-5 mins

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

1 Tasting Note

Cold Brew!

This is pretty good! I actually didn’t think I was going to enjoy it based on the smell but I’m happy to be proven wrong. The aroma is definitely very strawberry forward with some creaminess but it also smells a bit plastic-like and artificial. Did anyone else have those strawberry scented Strawberry Shortcake dolls from the 90s? That’s what the smell reminded me of and, while it _was) nostalgic, nothing plastic smelling usually tastes that good…

Here’s a photo of the dolls if anyone wants to take a trip down nostalgia lane: https://allisonveneziowrites.files.wordpress.com/2020/02/snapshot6-2.jpg?w=640

The steeped taste is very soft and refreshing though – also not plastic tasting at all. I would say I get some of the grassiness on the front of the sip first from the green tea, and then it’s a light to medium bodied whipped strawberry and coconut sort of medley. Not necessarily “cake” but confectionery in a lot of regards. It’s still refreshing though, and not sugary/too sweet. It’s working well for me tonight!

teepland

I totally remember those dolls! My sister had a few of them and I can still picture the smell in my mind’s eye…

Mastress Alita

I remember once one of the books in our library’s children’s collection was scented with the “little girls pink plastic stuff” smell. I am not a fan of it… (but, it also wasn’t the worst smell I’ve found on a book, either).