Royal Black Tea

Medium
Fair Trade, Kosher, Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by ECT

From Elephant Chateau

Brilliant full flavor in this organic full leaf tea from Ceylon’s master teamen. I was surprised to find this quality of tea on Amazon.

About Elephant Chateau View company

First attempt at low temperature brewing of this black tea with 4 infusions (30 seconds each) to explore the profile that emerges.

I am pleasantly suprised by the outcome at 90 degrees (which I hear is quite a low temp for black tea).

- Personally enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd infusions the most at these temps especially.

- The bitterness and astringency I generally associate with black tea is non-existent with this high altitude variety at this temperature and the hidden aromas-flavors (flowery bouquet) are easier to appreciate.

- I get a very light citrus, mostly floral flavor with a beautiful light orange colored syrup. Very smooth, which is characteristic of the region this tea originates from (Nuawara Eliya from the product description).

Next attempt I will be using a variable temperature tea kettle to really pinpoint some other temperatures and will expand more on the details of each infusion.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Rose

Very floral and fruity, much more than I initially expected. A morning tea favorite at our house.

Flavors: Caramel, Fruity