Royal Ceylon Black Tea

Fair Trade, Kosher, Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by ECT

4 Images

From Elephant Chateau

Brilliant full flavor in this organic full leaf tea from Ceylon’s master teamen. I was surprised to find this quality of tea on Amazon.

About Elephant Chateau View company

Finally got a chance to try this tea after seeing it listed here a few weeks ago. The package I purchased was the Flowery Nuwara Eliya High Grown variety.

Here are some of my thoughts about the product:

The tea is absolutely delicious with a flowery quality that is really interesting. Following the provided brewing guide, which recommended 2 minutes of brewing at 208 degrees, I tasted a unique sweetness in the liquor that was light, aromatic and had a pleasant bouquet.

Surprising was not only the fact that I was trying a black tea that required no sugar and milk to taste amazing, but also that the color was lighter than any black tea I had had in the past. It was more gold in color than dark copper or brown that is common. After doing some research about Nuwara Eliya, I found that the taste and color are somewhat unique to this particular mountain top region of Ceylon that is 2.5 km above sea level because of the tea bushes different interaction with the minerals in the soil and cooler environment.

Another note I should add, the package came with a stainless steel mesh infuser that was well built. I gifted it to a family member since I already owned an infuser but it was really good quality and unexpected. Sort of a bonus gift.

Conclusion:

Great all around tea and a healthier alternative for me since I am diabetic and can drink it without adding sugar or any other additives because of the floral sweetness that naturally occurs.

I would recommend trying it if you haven’t tried teas from Nuwara Eliya or Ceylon (Sri Lanka).

*Note, I noticed Amazon has two versions of this black tea that come in the same packaging. One says “Flowery Ceylon Black Tea … Nuwara Eliya” in the title and is a little more expensive than another that just states “Ceylon Black Tea”. So look out for that if you are wanting to try exactly what I bought.

Here is the link to the tea I tried – https://www.amazon.com/Delicious-Flowery-Nuwara-Eliya-Tea-Elephant-Chateau/dp/B07MG569D5/

Flavors: Flowers, Honey

TRZAMEEN

Buy and sell properties in Pakistan
Investing in real estate is always considered as a risky decision.
But, to turn this risky decision into a beneficial one, is in the hands of home buyers.

Nattie

Welcome to Steepster!

First attempt at low temperature brewing of this black tea with 4 infusions (30 seconds each) to explore the profile that emerges.

I am pleasantly suprised by the outcome at 90 degrees (which I hear is quite a low temp for black tea).

- Personally enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd infusions the most at these temps especially.

- The bitterness and astringency I generally associate with black tea is non-existent with this high altitude variety at this temperature and the hidden aromas-flavors (flowery bouquet) are easier to appreciate.

- I get a very light citrus, mostly floral flavor with a beautiful light orange colored syrup. Very smooth, which is characteristic of the region this tea originates from (Nuawara Eliya from the product description).

Next attempt I will be using a variable temperature tea kettle to really pinpoint some other temperatures and will expand more on the details of each infusion.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Rose

Very floral and fruity, much more than I initially expected. A morning tea favorite at our house.

Flavors: Caramel, Fruity