Bourbon Vanilla

Fair Trade, Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Izzy
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 oz / 250 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “First tea from my Eloments stash. A new tea company discovery this month. Tea bags, yes, but also the most thorough attention to sustainable sourcing, organic farming and fairtrade practices that...” Read full tasting note

From Eloments

Eloments Bourbon Vanilla chai is pure comfort – a warming blend of black tea, cardamom, clove and cinnamon finished with a shot of old-fashioned, creamy vanilla from Madagascar and enriched with organic nutrients.

In a world of mass production, this tea is the antithesis to that; it is grown on small-scale farms by people who work with their environment, not against it. It will inspire you every morning.

Eloments Bourbon Vanilla is already developing a cult following due to its rich, creamy vanilla taste, balanced with earthy spices, reminiscent of a chai.

About Eloments View company

1 Tasting Note

First tea from my Eloments stash. A new tea company discovery this month. Tea bags, yes, but also the most thorough attention to sustainable sourcing, organic farming and fairtrade practices that I’ve found from any tea company.

This was tasty although not as tasty as the description sounds. It’s sweet and light and herbaceous which takes a while to get used to because this is an Assam based tea. It works though. There’s a creamyness that reminds me of milk chocolate with rich vanilla and malt notes.

It’s just the texture and body is so light. The contrast of rich and light is notable.

That herby flavour comes from the plant extracts added. Because this is a vitamin tea that provides 40% of your daily intake of 9 vitamins. It’s an interesting concept, having vitamin enriched teas. I’m sure the tea purists are shuddering at the thought. I quite like it though. I just wish you couldn’t taste the herbs.

Nonetheless, a good tea. A reputable company. Health benefits… maybe. For someone with no known deficiencies and a fairly balanced diet, like me, I’m not sure the vitamin tea has much impact. Promising concept though. If I ever did need to take vitamins I’d rather drink a cup of herbaceous tea than swallow a pill.

Flavors: Herbaceous, Malt, Sweet, Vanilla