Organic Hibiscus Flowers

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae
Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 56 g 2 oz / 59 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I’m subscribed to just add honey tea co‘s newsletter and they recently sent out a recipe for a hibiscus margarita. I love margaritas but wasn’t in the mood for tequila tonight so I made the drink...” Read full tasting note

From Feel Good Organics

Bring a tea kettle full of water to a boil. Add hibiscus flowers to a separate tea pot. Once boiled, add hot water from the tea kettle to the tea pot. Let steep for 5 minutes for the best flavor. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into your favorite mug. Sip and feel good!

About Feel Good Organics View company

1 Tasting Note

I’m subscribed to just add honey tea co‘s newsletter and they recently sent out a recipe for a hibiscus margarita. I love margaritas but wasn’t in the mood for tequila tonight so I made the drink without. Here are the ingredients I used -

2 oz. dried Hibiscus Tea
8 oz hot water
½ oz. fresh lime juice
¼ oz. agave nectar

Two ounces of dried hibiscus was A LOT, but I faithfully followed the instructions and came out with a very tart, very strong hibiscus drink. It occurred to me that it was thick, almost like syrup, so I thought to try using it as such. I added a little more agave nectar to a tall glass, followed by maybe a quarter cup of the hibiscus syrup, and topped it off with cherry Bubly sparkling water.

This is definitely my new favorite way to have hibiscus.

Flavors: Tart